Page 1 of 31

Page 1
Page   of 31
Page 2 Page 31

-midnightsun-

IF-Dazzler

-midnightsun-

Posted: 23 April 2009 at 9:55am | IP Logged

The dark grey clouds tore apart like someone has slashed them in one blow. With the sudden clasp of lightning the whole sky shined bright for one glorious moment and then again was engulfed by sheer darkness. The pouring rain became visible in that one bright moment and then again disappeared into the night, the only presence of its existence being the pitter pattering on the solid ground and glass panes of the airport. The deafening clasp of thunder made a sign of its existence as the whole sky once again disappeared into the never-ending darkness.

Riddhima stared into the lightning as her eyes shut at once due to the over exposure of brightness. The faint voice of the check in lady brought Riddhima back to reality.

"I am sorry mam, but as you can see the weather is worsening and therefore we can't risk any departure flights right now. I am afraid you are going to have to rebook into another flight." Riddhima sighed as the sugar coated voice of the check in assistant registered in her mind.

"Well seeing as I am left with no alternative, could you please book me in and do the same for Mr Abhimanyu Modi as well." Riddhima replied in a cold tone.

"Certainly mam, could I please have your passport and tickets." The check in assistant replied with the never stopping candy coated voice.

Riddhima stared out again into the dark night as the surroundings became more obvious. The people, the noise, the commotion. Riddhima shut her eyes tight as the noise of the clicking keyboard added to the sea of noises. The lightning and the thunder outside became just another addition unlike a minute ago. Riddhima's body ached form the events of the previous day. The wedding, the chores. Each and every nerve in her body ached to be set free. She consoled herself as she reminded herself over and over again. Just a couple more hours. Then she could finally have some time to herself.  

Glancing at the glass she looked out at the sky. Taking out her phone form her jeans pocket she dialled abhi's number. After a few rings Abhi picked up. "Hello baby" The husky voice spoke from the other end. "Abhi, hey hunny, you will never believe what happened, this stupid flight people said that our flight to California is going to be delayed till tomorrow. Some weather" Riddhima spoke, the disappointment clearly visible in her voice. Abhi laughed a little at her childless as he replied, "awww' baby, no problem, well I was just about to reach the airport, you know just sorting out some things. So will you get back home and I'll meet you there in some time. Make sure you bring the passports and the tickets." Abhi instructed her. "Urgghh' Abhi I am not a kid' I will remember the passports" Riddhima frowned. "Awww' ok princess' come safe ok' love you!" "Yh love you too' bye" and with that Riddhima hung up with her lips automatically curved into a smile. Collecting the passports and new tickets for tomorrow's flight she took one glance at the weather outside. Was it just her or had it worsened. The hitting of the rain drops was definitely harder and more frequent amongst the glass panes now. Riddhima sighed; her mood miles better from what it was a couple of minutes ago.

Making her way through the running toddlers and the tired parents, she walked across to waiting room. Riddhima sighed as she slumped in the seat next to him. He had obviously not noticed she was there. Nudging him she caused those blue pair of eyes to glance at her own grey ones. Riddhima took one look at his questioning eyes and pulled the I-pod plugs form his ears. Obviously disappointed he gave her evil glares. "Don't think you are having a bad day Mr Armaan Malik, ask me" Riddhima pointed her finger at her chest. Armaan smirked as he sat straight up in the chair. "Well well, would you care to tell me what happened Mrs Riddhima Modi" The sudden emphasis on mrs and modi did not go amiss by Riddhima. "Ha-ha only because I am married, at least better than you Armaan." Riddhima glinted. 

"And that what it's all about ain't it Riddhima' reminds me' why are you and your hubby in such a rush to get back to California?" Armaan smirked as he continued, "I mean come on, which normal couple goes travelling the day after they got married?" Armaan questioned. Riddhima sighed as she rubbed her temples. "Armaan shut up, my head kills anyways!" Riddhima complained. "So would Mrs Riddhima mind telling me why she brought me in the middle of the night to an airport when she does seem like she's going to board the flight and the person who she is 'supposed' to board it wi8th seems to have disappeared" Armaan sighed. Riddhima narrated him the events of a couple of minutes back.

"So can you drop me off home now?" Riddhima asked.

"Miss Gupta' erm sorry Mrs Modi, as much as I would like to be your personal chauffer, the answer is no!" Armaan replied coldly and smirked under his breath.

"Armaan' please' one last time' god knows when we'll meet after this!" Riddhima seemed lost. Armaan sensed her emotions and squeezed her hand with his own. She smiled at him as they got up and started to walk back to the car with Riddhima's luggage.  The rain and the wind pattered against the windows harder and could now be heard over the commotions. Riddhima glanced at the windows. She sighed and placed her hand on Armaan's retreating shoulder. Armaan looked back questioningly.

"Coffee??" Riddhima smiled.

~*~*~*~*~*~*

"So miss Riddhima, why the sudden changes on the going home plan?" Armaan bit into his blueberry muffin.

"Just' weather's bad outside and I just fancied some coffee and who knows when I'll get the chance to have coffee with the angry young man?" Riddhima teased.

"Oh lord' you still remember that?" Armaan raised his brows as he sipped his cappuccino.

"Yep, of course I do! I didn't know at that time that I will have to endure you for the whole of my internship. Gosh Armaan I hated you then!" Riddhima smirked.

"Its not like you love me now is it?" Armaan stretched on the chair.

"Oye duffer' of course I do, not the oh-I'll-spend-my-life-with-you sort of love of course" Riddhima teased.

"Duh Riddhima, you got married!" Armaan emphasised.

"Armaan, I just wanted to say thank you'" Riddhima's voice cracked as she bore her eyes into the table.  Armaan sensed her emotions and looked at her with the immense trust hidden in his yes. She smiled at him genuinely as he sipped the last of his coffee.

"Another round?" Armaan asked as Riddhima finished her cup and nodded.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Madam' Tumhe sharam nahi aati' adhi raat ko ek javan, handsome ladke ke saath beth ke coffee pi rahee ho? Aur tum toh shaadi shuda ho!! Tauba tauba!" Armaan sipped his coffee as he teased her again. He loved it when she blew him off. That's what he has always been doing.

"Armaan' is it like your past time hobby to annoy me or something?" Riddhima frowned.

"Oyye' this started inevitably'remember that Riddhima? Our first meeting."

"Will you ever let me forget it?" Riddhima asked. Armaan nodded as they laughed again. 

*Flashback* a couple of years back'

"Hello bhagwan ji, remember me? Yh hope so' well here I am with me every day's list of things to ask for' today's extra special' see like I nagged you immense times to get me accepted into sanjeevani' and now that I have' I just want you to help me get through my first day as well' please' please! Thank you ji' in advance' as always." Riddhima bowed her head infornt of the stone idol and then rushed to grab her belongings. Her bed was as messy as ever. The sheets hadn't been made' the pillows were on the floor' but miss Riddhima gupta for once had gotten up bright and early to reach on time for her first day at sanjeevani. Grabbing her dupatta, Riddhima rushed into her car as she manoeuvred her way around the busy Mumbai roads. Parking her car she rushed into a confectionary shop just around the corner from sanjeevani. Rushing through the impatient school kids and their grabs at things to eat, Riddhima found her way over to the chocolate section. Sighing at relief over the last bar of Cadbury's that hit her eye, she rushed her hand to pick it when suddenly it collided with another hand coming the same way. Looking up she saw a piercing set of blue eyes with a dashing smile to match...

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

scroll below for index...Embarrassed

I know , I know' I can imagine the frowned foreheads and the the nodding heads' must be thinking what the hell is she up to?! Hehe.. well lemme explain before you all daunt at me' this idea has been like eating me for weeks' amidst all the attempted revision' my ever wondering brain is off yet again' I know I have another 2 ffs going on now' and I did tell you that I won't continue until june, well I won't be' I figured if I can just get this off my chest I can study in peace and then come back with regular updates for all of them'

The 2nd ff is finishing anyways' will post the last 1-2 parts and then I 'll continue this one and the first one'

Please bear with me until I return back to normal'

And for people still reading my bantering excuses' a big hug!!!

And lastly' approaching end of speech' this won't be my regular style of writing' hehe' please review and comment'. I might sqeeze in a part for this one in the coming days' if I get good reviews on it' blackmailing but oh well' hehe' and for all those who have supported me through my earlier ones' I just love you all man!!!! Know who they are!!!!

please tell me how it is... pretty nervous bout this one.... Confused

end of speech'' lolLOL

MwwwwwwaaaaahhhhhzzzzzzzEmbarrassedEmbarrassed

Rav

xxx

Index

part 1 - page 1

part 2 - page 12

part 3 - page 24

Edited by lilsunshine_rav - 12 June 2009 at 10:35am

The following 8 member(s) liked the above post:

ttimpysea_nyxriddhima1cutie_mahimagugguk_anjali12Prasanthinidha1983

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "AR mini *Breaking of a new dawn* pt 3 pg 24 12/06" in Fan Fictions forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

k_anjali12

IF-Rockerz

k_anjali12

Posted: 23 April 2009 at 10:16am | IP Logged

hey dearSmileSmile

Heart  nice intro Heart                                Heart   congratsHeart
                                     Heart        Heart
                                           Heart

Edited by k_anjali12 - 14 May 2009 at 3:55am

-midnightsun-

IF-Dazzler

-midnightsun-

Posted: 23 April 2009 at 10:23am | IP Logged
Originally posted by k_anjali12

NICE INTRO CONGRATS FOR THE NEW START OF ANOTHER FF DEAR

thnx a ton hima di... lv ya...Embarrassed

everlastingword

everlastingword

Posted: 23 April 2009 at 10:24am | IP Logged
reserved
*edit*
hey Ravs,
  i must say, interesting concept!! i mean, we all know that Armaan and Riddhima are meant to be together...hell it is a AR story....but Riddhima is married? Their meeting( in the flashback) seemed quite promising, the typical get-on-your-nerves-but-falls-in-love type relationship, what went wrong? i guess i am asking too many questions, especially ones that obviously are going to be answered as the story progresses, but can't control my curiosity. added to that is your declaration that you might not update very soon...gets our adrenalin gushing!! Confusedanyways, will try to reign in my curiosity...will wait for your part.
  About the part...i just loved the flow of conversation. armaan and riddhima are so comfortable with each other, seems like true friends. also you described the scene of action very well, the heavy rain, delayed flight, adds to the mystery feeling of the story...well done. i love your one shots but this time i'm looking forward to how you build up the story! update as soon as you can....no pressure though!!
 love,
   mia

Edited by everlastingword - 23 April 2009 at 10:52am

kashishk

IF-Sizzlerz

kashishk

Posted: 23 April 2009 at 10:27am | IP Logged
***RESERVED***
I will read and comment as soon as I can, If I forget pls do PM me Thnx.

*edited*

Hey Rav,
The concept is really nice.
It's really awesome.
Ridzi is married, I am really eager to read the next parts.
I completely loved it, u wrote it brilliantly.

Luv u<333
Kashish

Edited by kashishk - 24 April 2009 at 12:52am

tajinder

Goldie

tajinder

Posted: 23 April 2009 at 10:50am | IP Logged
First of all savaan vadayiaanLOL congratulations on your new FF girl....you got me hooked all the wayBig smile absolutely loved it....huhh!!!! i sooooooooooo wish i could write like you....you say it in such a sophisticated way.....Embarrassed

im soooooooo looking forward to this....hope ur doing good with your revisionEmbarrassed

Lub ju Tajji (lol im sooo getting used to saying this to youLOL) mwuahhhhhhhhhhh

Rohit86

IF-Rockerz

Rohit86

Posted: 23 April 2009 at 11:14am | IP Logged
reserved
will be back sweaty...

**~Edited

Ummm...she is married..?? Thats shocker. whats going on with Ar...?? Do they feel for each other...?? Would love to know more...!!
Thanks for the pm and continue soonEmbarrassed

RohitEmbarrassed

Edited by Rohit86 - 23 April 2009 at 1:02pm

-midnightsun-

IF-Dazzler

-midnightsun-

Posted: 23 April 2009 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Originally posted by everlastingword

reserved
*edit*
hey Ravs,
  i must say, interesting concept!! i mean, we all know that Armaan and Riddhima are meant to be together...hell it is a AR story....but Riddhima is married? Their meeting( in the flashback) seemed quite promising, the typical get-on-your-nerves-but-falls-in-love type relationship, what went wrong? i guess i am asking too many questions, especially ones that obviously are going to be answered as the story progresses, but can't control my curiosity. added to that is your declaration that you might not update very soon...gets our adrenalin gushing!! Confusedanyways, will try to reign in my curiosity...will wait for your part.
  About the part...i just loved the flow of conversation. armaan and riddhima are so comfortable with each other, seems like true friends. also you described the scene of action very well, the heavy rain, delayed flight, adds to the mystery feeling of the story...well done. i love your one shots but this time i'm looking forward to how you build up the story! update as soon as you can....no pressure though!!
 love,
   mia

arghh mia... i already predict that ur comments are goin to be one of my favs hunny..... Embarrassed ooohhh got your adrenalin rushing... go me... lol... hehe... u r gonna have to wiat to see how it unfolds... right?Wink.. hehe.. sorry to keep u waiting hunny... will update asap... cheers sweetie... *hugs* me...xx

Post Reply New Post

Go to top