Fan Fictions

Wedding Bedding!! CH 2 - 08/05

missy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 15 years ago

PS: I know the concept has been used and abused and that is exactly why i want to give it a shot! If It looks like a plot that someone else has written about and you think it's a copy.. it is not.. and i'm sorry if any of you think the idea is taken from any FF written here.. it's just an idea that's centrally borrowed from friends getting together at weddings and spun around a little differently by me!!

PS: MY first FF did not have a background or a character sketch.. so i thought i'd give you one this time..

PS: I know many of you are still reading MGGMAE, but i'm going to try and work with both of these stories simultaneously! This must come as a shock to most of you, because I'm back after such a long break and intend to start another FF.. don't worry I will try not to leave you guys hanging for too long.. lol..

PS: Now if you want to read more.. You know what to do... Ta!!!

BACKGROUND

7 friends, meet up after 4 years, all because of a wedding in the gang. They've been apart from each other, some keep in touch, some completely lost touch and most have moved to different cities around the world and failed to keep up the friendship. They all have different backgrounds, different cultures and different lifestyles, although all of them were the same age differing in months... But it took one dance course at SDIPA [Shiamak Davars Institute of Performing Arts] Mumbai, for them to become friends. A course they took when they were in pre-university, it's been 7 years since. Abhi took it because he wanted to score with the women, Atul took it because he was pushed by his parents to do something different, Muskaan took it because she loved dancing, Nikita took it because Atul was forced and because he was her best friend and to give him company, Mayank took it because he had heard his secret crush was taking it too, Rahul took it because he was dared by his friends and Anjali took it to stay fit. After that course ended they kept in touch, inspite of many hinderances. They went to different colleges and took up different courses, but once a week they would all meet up and catch up on the week gone by. After college however they had to part ways, some for higher education, others for better job prospects, a couple for greener pastures and the distance took a toll on their friendship, Now after a four year gap a wedding between bookish nerd Atul and the model girlfriend Anjali brings them back, to face each other after 4 years.. Will things still be the same? Will those that have been be able to deal with the present? Do you want to start off without meeting these seven... or wait are there more??

Atul [Pankit Thakkar] the college nerd  has always fancied books more than anything.. Never paid attention to girls, least of all good looking girls with long legs.. Atul's parents are the middle class maharashtrian kind for whom their son means the world. His only sole motivation was his best friend Nikita who was a friend from kindergarten and was more akin to him than anyone else... She was the skinny one and he the chubby... Atul has a passion for the environment and has become an environmentalist.. He still rides a bicycle and drives an ecofriendly car.. Atul and Anjali live in Bombay. Accepting Anjali because she was Christian was really hard for his parents, but he did not deter and they finally gave their consent. During SDIPA is when

Anjali [Sunaina Gulalia] noticed the kind of guy Atul was, smart and funny. She saw the way he treated women and the fact that he paid no attention to her made her secretly angry. Most guys wanted her, she had a fabulous body, money to boot, so she always wondered why Atul ignored her. She always thought something was up with Niki and him and when she found out they were best friends, she went ahead and asked him out.. He flat refused. She persisted, doing the things boys do to impress girls, waited in the rain outside his college and left him notes in his cycle et all.. Finally Atul caved in when she serenaded him one divali. She has been with him through thick and thin, and she now is a model for a giant label. Her mom is Hindu and her dad is Goan and she comes from a very liberal family. Right from SDIPA

Abhi [Amit Tandon] has always admired Nikita. She was a lot like Atul and he was a lot like Anjali, which is why Abhi and Anjali have still kept in touch after so many years. He' s a total bad boy, hot tempered and is easily provoked although he is super sensitive on the inside... He's a Hot guy, well built and definitely drool worthy, who uses his charm to trap any unsuspecting girl. He believes in one night stands and pick up lines and detests the concept of love and marriage. But he could never deny that silly crush he's harbored for Nikita ever since those days at SDIPA.. He never gave her the slightest clue that he was into her, infact he flirted with girls even more in front of her. In the gang he was never really close to her but always admired her wit and intelligence from afar.. He's now a copy writer for an AD firm and lives in Bangalore. Even when in SDIPA

Nikita [Shwetha Gulati] thought little of Abhi. Infact she didn't think of him at all. She was over mature for her age and quiet in nature, but her witty one liners are hard to match. She was always interested in being number one in class and beating her best friend Atul. He was the only one who truly understood her. The only one who had her back when her classmates would poke fun at her skinny geeky exterior.. Coming from an affluent family, she never used her money as her weapon and yet had her religious practices down to the T. The Niki of yesterday and today are two very different people, because over the years of studying and working in the US she now dresses boldly, smokes and drinks even. She's still reserved but no longer a nerd. Her career line is that of a Bio chemical researcher... Looking back at SDIPA

Mayank[Arjun Bijlani] will say he hardly paid attention to what the instructor was saying, he was too busy concentrating on that girl he had a crush on. That's Mayank for you, gives his heart easily and gets heart broken even more easily.. He was a good looking boy, really shy and always willing spend money.. He is the only son of a wealthy industrialist family and as soon as he was out of college was pressurized to marry. He never stood up for what he believed in because of his over bearing parents... Until recently ofcourse, that's when he filed for divorce after three and half years of being married to Kajal... He's now determined to live life on his own terms and has taken his family business to new heights.. Going for the wedding would definitely bring back memories of SDIPA for

Rahul [MayankAnand], after all he was going to be the first one to get married.. or so he thought... He didn't think things would take a complete turn when he asked long time girlfriend Muskaan to marry him. He always loved two things his job and his woman. He thought highly of his country and did not want to earn revenue for anyother country.. He had high ideals and morals and even though him and Muskaan were poles apart, he loved her like crazy. They were always seen together, practically joined at the hip. Everyone joked about the two of them getting hitched all the time, but Muskaan turned him down. It took a lot of time, and he worked hard to become a noted journalist for him to get over it and when he did he met his perfect mate.. Riddhima, has always heard about the days at SDIPA

Muskaan [Drushti Dhami], however has always wanted to forget them. She wanted to forget the fact that she had turned the love of her life down, well she actually said "not now", and even though her reasons made perfect sense, it still continued to hurt. But for her leaving India and moving to the UAE had been a dream come true. What was even more of a fairytale was her lifestyle... she flew as an air hostess for Emirates. Now she has everything, money to send to her needy family in India and a lifestyle she has always dreamed of. She buys designer clothes and dines at fancy places. She's very giving and always brought presents back from her trips abroad. She works hard and parties harder, but she still couldn't fill the void that Rahul's absence left in her life, until of course her dream lover entered the scene. Not knowing anything about SDIPA

Armaan [Karan Singh Grover] chose to love Muskaan and her lifestyle. They met on a flight, where he was a pilot and she was the perfect hostess. There were sparks and chemistry and a little dating and they realized they were meant to be, after all their lifestyles matched if not anything else.. He was called "flyboy" by almost all the ladies who knew him, and could put casanova to shame. He's smooth with his words, has a killer dimple smile that makes hearts flutter and has the gift of the gab as his best friend. You can talk to Armaan about anything under the sun.. He's what you call an all rounder, athletic, smart and calm as a cucumber, but he has a giant Ego and always believes he's right, no matter what. Armaan was born and brought up in the UAE but has a big fascination for india. He knew nothing about SDIPA while

Riddhima [Shilpa Anand] has been with SDIPA since she was a toddler in Delhi.. She took each course right from the beginners, to being a part of the Special Potential Batch. She's loved to dance and wanted to take that up as a career but she resorted to writing and film making as a better option. She's creative, intelligent and paranoid but she will try anything atleast once. She's a complete feminist and loathes MCP's. She literally beat a guy up in a bus for trying to act funny with her. She won't think twice before saying what's on her mind and if her actions don't kill you her words certainly can. This is where she found Rahul a complete match. He could complete her sentences and put her in her place when the need arose. She always had fond memories of SDIPA.

Chapter One

Dec 24 2009 11:27 am

Atul - Excited?

Anjali - Nervous.

Atul - Why?

Anjali - You know why!

Atul - It's not pre wedding jitters is it?

Anjali - Don't be mad. I'm crossing dates on the calender for the days to pass by quickly..

Atul - Then why nervous?

Anjali - Because everyone's coming...

Atul - I thought you'd be stoked that they made it for out big day!

Anjali - I am, but i'm apprehensive also.. I know everyone's changed and there's so much history in our group that i hope there's no conflict..

Atul - OH!! I'm already prepared for that..

Anjali - What if it gets too weird?

Atul - Then we'll keep them intoxicated at all times..

Anjali giggles - Sounds like a plan!

Stroller in one hand, hand bag in the other Niki walked to the lobby of the resort.

Niki - I'm here for a wedding, If the man is still getting married that is.. [quips]

Receptionist - Atul and Anjali?

Atul - Yes, that's the one... [from behind her]

Niki turns around smirking - Who would have thought i'd see the light of this day Joshi?? You a married man!!

Atul - And Who would have thought my gawky best friend would turn into playboy pinup girl?

Niki smiles wide - Oh shut it! [literally runs upto him and throws her arms around him] I'm so so so happy for you Joshi!

Atul [hugging her back] - I'm so so so happy you made it...

Anjali - He wouldn't have gotten married to me if you hadn't come you know! [smiling happily looking at the two of them]

Niki smiles wide - I have actually come to steal him away from you. Although after seeing you now, i doubt i'd be able to drag him far from the alter before he came running back [walks to her and hugs her tight]

Anji - Thank you for coming all the way!

Niki - Are you kidding, I wouldn't miss it for the world! Besides more than Atul being my best friend a Goan wedding was the X factor for me!! [her eyes gleaming] Where is everyone by the way?

Atul - You're the first to arrive.. Anji take her to her room, i think the boys will be here any minute!

Anji walking away - So there's so much to be done.. You girls have to get your brides maid dresses fitted and shoes have to be bought...

Niki screams - I'm so excited, i'm so so sooooo excited to be

Loud thud from behind stops them in their tracks and they turn around. Mayank and Abhi had somehow managed to arrive at the same time and were on top of Atul who was lying helplessly on the floor, covering his face from their blows..

The girls walk back to the rowdy group

Anjali - You three are still the madly in love triplets aren't you..

Abhi - Some things never change Anji!

Atul shouting from under them - this is the slapfest ritual.. I knew it was coming..

Mayank - I can't believe that after all these years you still let us slap you..

Atul - You took me by surprise moron! Now stoppppp!! We're in the lobby creating a ruckus!!

Niki from behind Anji - What  don't get is, how come a nice seedha saadha guy like Mayu can become so boistrous when Abhi is around..

Abhi not looking up from the floor, still trying to slap Atul - What can i say, I bring out the man in him!! [laughs loudly as Mayank punches him]

Anjali laughing - Get off my groom to be you two oafs... this isn't college... [trying to push them away]

Mayank straightening up - Oooh la la, I know the super model [hugging Anji] but who's the beauty queen standing next to her?

Niki walks up and slaps his face - That should remind you..

Abhi stares in astonishment, Anji and Atul stifle a laugh

Mayank - OMG! NIKI?? You're not Niki? The niki i knew was the geek from beauty and the geek not the beauty herself.. What happened to you?

Niki walks up and hugs Mayank who hugs her back, Abhi feeling a little twinge in his stomach - Even geeks grow up don't they..

Abhi muttering to himself after tracing every curve of her body - You've certainly GROWN up!!

Niki - If it isn't mister trouble mouth himself?! [extends her hand instead of hugging him, and he shakes it back] Care to say something nice for a change?

All eyes on Abhi as he struggled to find his tongue - You look beautiful, [choking out the words, surprising himself] in a geeky sort of way.. [he added, and smiled as if he won a war]

Niki rolls her eyes - I'll take that half compliment! There's too much testosterone flowing in this place right now.. I need a breather, Anji coming? [turning to walk away]

Abhi - Not before i get a welcome hug from the bride to be... [hugs her warmly] You look stunning as always!!

Anji - Thanks Abhi, having you back is good for my ego! [grins]

Niki doing a catwalk spin as she turns back angrily - What i don't get is, why you are intentionally nasty with me, when you're so nice to all the other women..

Abhi - I'm intentionally nice to all the hot women, you don't belong in that category!!

Niki - Whatever dude, i expected to find a grown up, when in turn i find the same three year old.. Good for you!! [walks off]

Atul after her - Niki, you guys are all going in the same direction, you have the keys to your condo...

Niki muttering to herself as Anji rushes behind her - This is some cruel joke!!

The three guys standing still in the lobby, staring after the girls walking away as if in a daze...

Mayank - She's changed

Abhi - A lot!

Atul - I haven't heard her talk to you so much ever!

Mayank - Neither have I!!

Abhi - Ditto man..

Atul - Maybe she's taking it all out... all her tolerance and silence over the years where you purposely insulted her infront of everyone..

Mayank - especially hot women! Women remember these sort of things Modi..

Abhi - For all her genius IQ she sure can't figure out how much i have the hots for her..

Mayank - Well you havent exactly wooed her with your charm now have you.. 

Atul - Why are you so scared of showing her your true feelings anyway..

Abhi snaps out of the reverie - What the heck? We're here for your wedding, not to discuss my reverse psychology!!

Mayank - Besides, we're all staying together, if you don't land up stabbing each other, maybe you two will actually hit it off..

Abhi - What me and the NERD?? Hell NO!! I have standards!!

Atul - There we go.. MPM is back..

Mayank - Multiple Personality Modi!! It was a genius who came up with that nick..

Abhi grinning - That's why she's a bio chemical researcher isn't she??

They walk off to the condo lined by the shore of the beach!!

02:00 PM

Somewhere else in the same resort, at the pool parlor Armaan is kicking some serious butt.

Armaan - Your money's now mine fellas [after a victorious defeat, he takes the money handed to him by a stranger and laughs sadistically] I can't believe that game even, it was childs play.. don't you goans know nothing about pool?? maybe i can teach you a tactic or two.. [he continues trash talking while counting the money he raked in after winning the last couple of games]

Riddhima had been observing the pompous ass for a while now and walks out of the shadows - Why  don't you put your mouth where your money is and play me next?

Armaan stops in his tracks when he hears the voice came but without turning around he mocks - I don't play women [ and continues to count]

Ridz - Oh yeah, i remember, I don't play wusses either [taunting him]

Armaan still not turning around - You certainly have the nerve to talk to me like that, especially after watching me crack the earlier games.. Please i don't want to insult the lack of hand eye co-ordination you women have by playing you..

Ridz - For someone who trash talks so much why don't you have the balls to play one game with me? Maybe because to play this game really requires balls and that you have none! [haughtily]

Armaan - Are you testing my manhood then? [finally turning around to look her amid the dull light of the pool table, looking at Riddhima standing with her arms folded] Fine then, I'll show you how the balls are knocked alright. On one condition, this is a charity match, if you win, you get all the money i made, if i win, i don't want a penny of yours..

Ridz chuckles - If you think it'll be a blow to my ego, think again... [grabbing a cue, and chalking it] lets see what you got..

Armaan - Ladies and children always go first, so pleeeeease break! [gives her a smug smile]

Ridz bats her eyelids - If you insist!

While she's focussing to break Armaan - Lemme know when you're done breaking, i'll be at the bar.. [ turns to go, stops when he hears the balls roll on the table, turns back and watches two balls go in]

Armaan grunting - It's called beginners luck

Ridz - Oh yeah and what's this called [as she pots one more]

Armaan now a little startled - Lets see you do that again

Ridz - With pleasure [ one by one she pots all the striped balls in leaving his right there untouched on the table, and leaving Armaan bewildered] That was some charity match huh, how about we play best of three so i feel satisfied about taking all your money?

Armaan - I know a practiced game when i see one [puffing angrily]

Ridz - I know an egotistical pig who refuses to admit defeat when i see one...

Armaan - How about i break this time? [collecting the balls from the pockets]

Ridz - Be my guest

Armaan collects all the balls and positions them... and breaks.. one ball goes is, he aims for another and nearly misses the pocket. Ridz takes position and just then Armaan's phone rings - Heyyyyyyyy, you're here baby!.... Okay.... I'll be there in two, okay!! [hangs up the phone] Hate to cut this game short but i have to run..

Ridz - You can lose to me some other time..

Armaan - In your dreams pal..

Ridz - the score is 1-0 incase you have selective amnesia..

Armaan - it'll be 1-2 the next time we meet!! [smiles smugly and begins to walk backwards facing her]

Ridz - Just make sure you don't wipe your finances out by then, because i am taking your money.. [standing rooted to her spot]

Armaan - You know what you're a victim of? [still walking slowly backwards]

Ridz - What?

Armaan - Wishful thinking! [cocking his head to the right]

Ridz just as he was heading out the door - And you know what's so good about it?

Armaan stops just short of the door - What?

Ridz - I get to say "I told you so" [Armaan stares daggers at her one last time before he turns and leaves]

End of Chapter One!!

Chapter Two

2:10 PM

The boys and Anji sitting in the den of the condo..

Mayank - Please don't tell me i have to shack with this hulk..

Atul - I'm afraid you do..

Anji - It's december and everything's booked here, we're lucky to get you all together in one condo..

Abhi - Come on Mayu, I'll give you enough space on the bed to sleep i promise..

Mayank - Its not the space that matters, it's the missiles you fire at night..

Anji - Missiles?? [giggles] what the heck are missiles??

Atul starts laughing uncontrollably - Oh My God!! How can i forget his atom bomb's, you call them missiles now haan??

Mayank - They're far more lethal than they were Atul... louder, longer and way more deadly...

Abhi - Oh king of exaggeration.. they're not so bad okay...

Anji - What the heck are you talking about??

Atul - His FARTS Anj.. His farts... [rolling on the sofa laughing]

Anji eyes wide with disgust - I don't need to hear this [walks upstairs to Niki's room] UGH!!!

Mayank making sound effects of farts - parrrrrrrrrrrr, parrrrrr parrrrrrrrrrr... thuussssss thussssssss.... [as she walks up the stairs to Niki's room]

Anji - Disgusting!!! [she shouts back as the sound effects continue with all three guys laughing hysterically]

Niki - What's that all about??

Anji - Guys just being guys...

Niki - Aaah i see...

Anji - You okay now??

Niki - You bet, first that killer flight, then my brief encounter with Abhi... I really needed to clear my head.. now i'm ready to hit the beach... but it's too hot, maybe in a little bit.. what about lunch Anji?

Anji - Shit, i forgot... i better order before they close the kitchen.. [goes down stairs as the boys come upstairs]

Atul pointing to niki's room - As you can see, this one is taken already... but there's one adjoining it, you two can share..

Niki stands at her door step, brushing her hair - I don't think one room is enough for the two of them Joshi...

Abhi retorts - And why not oh supremely intelligent one? [folds his hands in reverence mocking her]

Niki stops brushing - Because...... you'll be bedding different women every night and poor Mayu will have to sleep on the couch outside.. [widening her eyes with disgust, continues brushing]

Abhi - Would you rather i bed you? that way Mayu can have a room all for himself.. [winks at her]

Niki shrugs with disgust - thats a pathetic attempt at humor i must say...

Abhi - And you, her royal grumpiness would know lots about humor now right...??

Niki - I know enough to tell you, you're not funny.. You're a JOKE!! [with utmost seriousness]

Atul and Mayank in chorus - ooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhh..... [Abhi gapes at Niki, unable to respond]

Mayank - Good one Niki, Good one..

Atul - Damn, where do those one liners come from man?

Abhi unable to defend himself - Tell me something why you so concerned about Mayu all of a sudden?

Niki - Because you always give him the raw deal and he's nice enough not to say anything about it..

Abhi irritatingly - Nice and all... [scratching his chin] You're not crushing on him are you?? huh.... huh??

Niki - Oh get over it slime ball.. Not everyone's like you.. crushing on every tom dick and harry

Abhi - Hey i crush on every Jane, Amanda and Sally alright..

Atul - Dude... [trying to make eye signals at him to stop]

Niki cutting him off - I repeat, You are NOT funny... [pointing at Mayu] How can you still be friends with the moron Mayu? I still can't get it..

Abhi interrupting - There's a lot your intelligent brain can't get.. Accept it.

Niki - Speak when you are spoken to..

Mayank looking at tension rising - it's okay Niks.. i'm kinda used to it.. Once you get past his hard exterior he's a nice guy...

Niki - No!! You're a nice guy... you're too nice to be his friend.. Actually everybody's too nice to be HIS friend!!

Abhi raising his voice - Hey, Hey Hey... I never asked YOU to be my friend!!! You're that extra fitting that nobody likes but every body has to deal with in the group...

Atul standing up for Niki whose eyes looked evidently hurt - Dude, that was uncalled for [putting his arm around her]

Mayank - It's not true and you know it, apologize Modi...

Abhi shouting - She just called me a joke, and I should apologize... Hell NO! [walks inside the room next door and slams the door]

Atul - Ignore what he says Niki.. he doesn't mean any of it..

Niki - Thanks for the consolation, but i know a jerk when i see one..

Mayank - Really.. he enjoys tripping on you, and now that you're no longer giving him the silent treatment he's even more charged...

Niki - I couldn't stand his nerve then, and i hate his guts even more now!! But I'm not the silent sufferer i used to be.. tell him that  [she walks down to Anji  who was on the phone placing an order for food]

The boys entering the Abhis room

Atul - Why you gotta make her feel like shit huh?

Mayank - And she's done nothing to deserve it..

Abhi - I don't know man.. i was really looking forward to meeting her.. I was hoping she'd forget the past...

Atul - Women don't forget Abhi.. it's high time you realize that...

Mayank - And i think she's even more cheesed off with you now than before..

Abhi - Exactly, the way she responds and looks at me now, makes me feel like i'm 3 inches tall.. I didn't realize she hated me that much..

Mayank - you don't give her any reason not to, na Modi?

Atul - Just try being nice to her for a change..

Abhi - I can't.. it's like a defense mechanism.. I just have to say annoying, hurtful and mean things to her..

Mayank - I'll buy you a shovel and Atul with buy you a coffin, you can go dig your own grave!

Atul and Mayank leave and sit with the girls in the den while Abhi goes in for a shower to clear his head.

2:35 PM

Armaan walks to the lobby to find Muskaan next to a very large trolley and a incredibly big handbag. - Wow, is that all you brought? I was pretty certain i'd see your whole closet follow you.

Muskaan - Awwwwwww [hugs him tight] so good to see you too boyfriend! Glad you were thinking about me.. Now make yourself some use and lug my trolley please..

Armaan - Is that what i am to you? Your bell boy??

Muskaan winks at him - that and so much more!!! [He chuckles] Where's all your stuff?

Armaan - right here, i kept it at the reception.. [to the receptionist] Can i have my bags please [he gets handed a small carry bag and his suit case..] Lead the way madame!!

Muskaan - Were you bored till i got here?

Armaan - Me and bored? Naaa, I had my hands full actually..

Muskaan - How so?

Armaan - Kickstarted my trip on a good note by winning some money..

Muskaan smiled - Yaaaaaaay.. [clapping her hands with glee] Pool i bet??

Armaan - Ofcourse... I kicked some serious butt!!!

Back in the condo

Abhi walking down the stairs wiping his wet hair in surfer shorts - I say we start drinking already.. A nice cold beer on a hot day...

Atul - Help yourself.. the bar is stocked my man!!

Mayank excited - you are most certainly the best host ever!! Want one anyone?

Anji - I want

Atul - Me too

Niki - Same here...

Abhi and Mayank stopped in their tracks and turned around and gave Niki a funny look..

Niki - What? I'm above 21.. [narrowing her eyes at them]

Anji giggles - That we know silly.. How come though? you were always our designated driver back in the day...

Niki smiles - I've retired... you'll have to hire someone else..

Abhi muttering - The United States sure has changed somebody..

Niki - Change is good, unlike stagnation!!!

Mayank before Abhi could react - Okaaaaaayyyyyyyyy... lets go chilllllllllll with some beeeeeeer Modiiiiiii.. [dragging his arm to the refrigerator]

The door bell rings... Anji opens it and screams.... Muskaan screams right back, they hug and jump in the same place like an excited bunch of school girls.. Niki comes out and watches the two and hugs Muskaan when they break away.

Niki - OMG look at miss dubai return... you look fab babe!! my god!!

Anji - I know, vaise, even you've changed hah Niks..

Muskaan - I swear yaar, look at you... No glasses, hair long and straight, make up..

Atul interrupting - Theek hai, theek hai.. if you're done with all the school girl talk can we please have the poor man come in...

Muskaan went around the room screaming and hugging everyone..

Abhi - The livewire hasn't changed one bit..

Mayank - You can say that again.. [nudges Abhi murmuring] she's moved on well i say..

Atul [murmuring back] - I wonder how Rahul is gonna react..

Abhi - I wonder how Muskaan is going to react, Rahul's gotten himself quite a dish i hear..

Mayank - How do you know?

Atul - Facebook, how else would Abhi know?? He's busy scouting chicks in the online world when he's not in the real world.. [Mayank grins at Abhi]

Muskaan interrupting - Everyone meet Armaan... Armaan meet Everyone...

Armaan smiles and waves - Hi everyone... [each of them introduce themselves, then looking around the room] So where's the ex boyfriend?? [Everyone stares at Armaan]

3:00 PM Pool Parlor

Rahul - I knew i'd find you here

Ridz - What can i say, you know me so well [holds him tight, burying her head in his shoulders] it's been so lonely without you.. I've missed you so much..

Rahul - Me too sweetheart... I would take a transfer to Goa if i could, but there's nothing to report over here, besides the parties, and you know me, i like hard hitting, cold blooded news stories..

Ridz - That you do alright..

Rahul - Besides you have your script to complete, and i don't wanna come in the way of your creative juice flow.

Ridz - I don't mind really. If anything, you'll gimme some good advice.. [holding hands, walking to the lobby] did you find your friends?

Rahul - Friends before you? No way!! I had to find you first...

Ridz kissing him - You just made my dayyy.....

Rahul holding her tight - You know i was thinking, is it okay if i stay with you?

Ridz - You can, but i don't want you to.. it's a reunion and it wont be the same if you stay with me.. Why?? are you scared you'll rekindle old flames with Muskaan if you stay there??

Rahul - Are you kidding? No way...

Ridz - Then you should stay with them..

Rahul - On one condition, you must too...

Ridz - It would be so weird Rahul..

Rahul - That i can promise you it will, but it will be fun too..  they're nice people, you'll get along great with them..

Ridz - Okay me lord, case closed... how about we go home and get some of my stuff?

Rahul - Can you keep my stuff here? I'll be back in a bit..

Receptionist - Sure thing..

3:30 PM At the condo..

Anji - Look at them...

Muskaan - I know... it's so weird man..

Anji - They're behaving like long lost friends..

Muskaan - I can't believe they've taken to Armaan so easily..

Niki - Usually guys have ego issues with other guys... I can see Armaan is very affable

Muskaan - That he sure is..

Niki - Do you think it'll be the same with us??

Muskaan - I can't comment until i meet her..

Mayank - That was just great.. Goan food man... my sole motivation for making this trip..

Armaan - Mine too man [both of them high five their dirty unwashed hands]

Abhi - What about the partying and drinking huh??

Armaan - Hell yeah.. I am not going back with truly experiencing Goa, Goa style!! [walking to the basin to wash up]

Abhi - Atta boy..

Atul - Incase you've forgotten.. there's a wedding at stake.. you better not be partying so much you forget the main reason you're here..

Armaan putting an arm around his shoulder - That Atul will be the highlight of my trip.. provided there are some PYT's there..

Mayank - Heyyy... isn't that Muskaan?? Your girlfriend??? [widening his eyes] She's a Pretty Young Thing!!

Armaan - Yeah yeah [laughing] I'm just a harmless bird watcher..

Abhi - You watch and we'll shoot em down okay??!!

Armaan grinning - You can count on it bro... [shaking hands]

The girls come to the patio on the back where the boys sat with their beer facing the beach... the wind blowing lightly and the sun shining brightly.. Muskaan sits on the wooden floor against Armaan's legs.. He ties her hair and begins to massage her neck..

Muskaan - Oh that is so good.. I have such a stiff neck after all that flying..

Mayank - How many hours do you pull Muski?

Muskaan - It all depends on the sector.. if we're doing non stops or lay overs...

Armaan - Non stops are where you fly back in like half hour and lay overs are where you stay over..

Muskaan - Layovers are way more fun.. you get to check out the city and shop and stuff..

Anji - that sounds like super fun..

Muskaan - it is.. if you've gotten enough rest. sometimes you're flying for twelve hours straight.. and it can get pretty exhausting because of the jet lag..

Atul - I'm really happy for you Muski.. you always wanted to travel the world.. and now you are..

Muskaan - You are also practicing what you so fervently preached na Atul?? Recycle, do not pollute, turn the tap off, save electricity lectures sun sun ke hamaare kaan pak gaye the.. now you lecture people by the dozens..

Abhi - I don't know how people listen to you..

Aul - They're far worse than me.. that's why..

Mayank - Actually.. from the kids we were those days... such painful creatures.. we turned out pretty good right?

Niki - Most of us did.. [smiling and then immediately frowning] I can't say much for a certain individual however..

Abhi - And what are you insinuating??

Niki - Did i mention your name?

Abhi - No, but your arrow pretty much hit me and cried BULLS EYE!!

Niki - Too bad you feel like that..

Abhi - I cleaned up well just for your information.. I don't get into brawls as easily as i did.. I've quit all the pot i used to do and I work for O&M, one of the biggest AD agencies in the country.. Don't you dare think otherwise...

Niki - I did not ask for a justification and I was and always will be a free thinker.. I don't get bought so easily by bull crap..

Abhi getting up pointing a finger at her - Hey listen haan [Mayank gets up and pushes him back in the chair]

Armaan - I thought you guys were all best friends..

Muskaan - Oh yeah... these two have a love hate relationship..

Niki - that's a hate-hate relationship Armaan.. No human could possibly love him..

Abhi getting up in a rage - that does it [charging towards her, Atul and Mayank and Anji all up in a jiffy holding him back] you better stop your back door comments and snide remarks..

Niki - you better close your ears then...

Abhi enraged - Even i were deaf i'd still hear you...

Niki - Sadly for you Article 19 a of the indian constitution says I have the freedom of speech and expression... I will speak and express as I wish.. and you cleaned up well my ass, look at you all riled up and wanting to hit me.. I don't get into brawls so easily it seems..

Abhi his eyes hurt he stops - I would never hit a woman.. I can't believe you would even think that..

Niki - Then why was it that three of them were holding you at bay?? You couldn't control your temper then and you sure as hell can't now.. So please stop with the pretense..

Abhi - I'll stop with the pretense alright.. this whole charade of all of us hanging out together.. when you keep spitting at me every opportunity you get.. it ends now.. i'm not going to be a part of anything she is..

Niki - Good thing.. you're doing us all a favor..  and me especially.. saving me from looking at your ugly face all the time..

Abhi - Screw You!!

Everybody shocked at the violent exchange of words, keep quiet. Abhi storms off towards the beach, Mayank and Atul after him..

Muskaan - I had no idea you were filled with so much spite for the poor guy..

Anji - Yeah Niks, i understand you don't like him, but ugly face.. that's a bit too much.. i feel bad for him..

Niki - Ofcourse, he is the poor guy now... You guys never really pitied me for being the butt of all his bloody jokes back then and now you feel bad for him.. I should have known this would happen... Why'd i even come here in the first place... [storms off to her room]

Anji - Niki... [trying to stop her, resigning head in her hands] I would pay these two anything if they would just keep their mouths shut...

Armaan - Soooo Niki's got some repressed anger and Abhi's got a vile tongue.. Perfect!!

Muskaan - Yeah right.. Perfect my foot..

Armaan - Lock them up in a room for one day.. they'll come out as friends.. trust me..

Muskaan - After watching that outpouring... Neither will come out alive.. I can assure you...

Anji - I already have so many things to stress about.. these guys are just adding to the pile.. I gotta get out of here.. Tell Atul i've gone home.. I need to get to church by eight.. So to call me okay.. [gets up] Bye guys... and Armaan.. Welcome to the group.. [smiles faintly, waves and leaves]

Armaan - Thanks, although i'm not so sure it was warm enough... [muttering to himself]

Muskaan - Sorry baby... I really thought these guys would be over all this by now.. Looks like some people are still living in the past..

Armaan - That argument really killed my mood.. i'm going to take a nap.. Coming??

Muskaan - That sounds perfect right now!!

10:00 PM By the poolside

Muskaan - Aaaah there you are... Church took two hours??

Anji - Christmas mass, what do you expect??

Muskaan - I missed you guys.. what can i say??!!

Armaan - All lies.. she passed out in the evening and woke up just now... Don't lie sweetie..

Muskaan - It's a little white one.. harmless..

Anji clearing her throat - Ahem... How'd you get these two to sit at the same table??

Abhi - Who says i'm sitting at the same table?? I'm on this one.. [pointing to the other table he sat at with Mayank and Atul]

Niki biting her tongue to control herself - Muskaan told me to ignore him like the hollow man until your wedding's over..

Abhi - and Atul and Mayank told me to treat her like the plague...

Niki ignoring him completely - And i knew she was right.. i don't want to be the reason everyone ruins their festive mood..

Abhi - Neither do i!!

Atul - That's a first.. you guys actually agreeing on something [Abhi and Niki glance at each other and then turn their faces]

Atul continuing - But thank you guys.. Anji was literally in tears after seeing you two go at each other this after noon..

Niki gets up and hugs Anji - I'm sorry.. it wont happen until you get married.. I promise...

Anji - Thanks Niks... I just want everyone to have a good time and enjoy themselves.. Please Abhi.. You think you can do that for me?

Abhi - I definitely can babes..

Anji - Okaay.. good.... so what are we waiting for.. where's the alcohol??

Abhi - Heyyy, the newbies gotta pay first...

Mayank - So Armaan, now that everyone's here... I think it's my duty to fill you in on our long standing tradition..

Armaan - Fill me in..

Mayank - The new comer buys everyone a round of drinks..

Abhi - Actually, everybody buys everybody a round of drinks.. that way, we keep count.. and we always pay up at the bar..

Anji - We hate waiting for the bill once everyone's wasted, so we concocted a formula and it's worked ever since.. you go first

Armaan - The things i have to do to fit in.. [smiles] what's everyone having?

Anji - Vodka OJ

Atul - Bacardi Coke

Abhi - Teachers OTR

Armaan - On the rocks huh.. Smooth... Mayank?

Mayank - I'll have a bacardi coke too...

Muskaan - Make mine a..

Armaan interrupting - Cosmo.. i know babe.. [leaving Muskaan grinning] Niki?

Niki - Beer for me..

Armaan - Which one?

Niki - Budwieser

Armaan repeating the order - Two bacardi coke, one vodka OJ, One teachers on the rocks, one Budwieser and one cosmo... That about it??

Niki - Spot on..

Armaan - I'll be right back..

Rahul - So you all set?

Ridz - Yeah... I just hope they like me..

Rahul - Stop being paranoid.. They'll love you.. I just know it..

Ridz - should we just leave my stuff with yours at the reception?

Rahul - Yeah i think we should [to the receptionist] Can you keep this bag along with that one there please? [handing the bag] Thanks

Ridz - So, where are they?

Rahul - Atul told me they're sitting outside by the pool..

Ridz - I know where the pool is... [guiding him through the mob of people entering]

Rahul - This looks like a pretty popular place..

Ridz - Oh it's one of the coolest joints.. and plus people are as you can see, all decked up, just getting out of church.. it's the christmas spirit alright.. [smiles and stops] So i'm just gonna hop into the ladies room for a bit, you go on.. i'll find you okay..

Rahul - Are you sure? I can wait...

Ridz - You've waited long enough to meet them.. Go ahead..

10:25 PM

Armaan handling a full tray of drinks maneuvers through the crazy party crowd and and before he knew it the drinks had spilled from the tray and landed on a girl who was trying to cross him at the same time..

Armaan - Can you not see a man carrying so many drinks???

Ridz looks up aghast - YOU??

Atul - Rahul called.. I told him we were here.. He said he was gonna take some time..

Muskaan trying to contain her excitement - He's here?

Anji - Oh hooo.. someone sounds very excited...

Niki - I couldn't tell if it was excitement of nervousness.. What Muski??

Muskaan - I don't know really.. [twiddling her fingers] we didn't part on good terms and you all know that..

Anji - Yeah but that was ages ago..

Muskaan - 2 years and three months to be precise..

Niki - Wow, you're keeping count even..

Mayank - He's changed a lot Muskaan..

Abhi - Yeah he's not as skinny as he used to be.. gyms out a lot i heard..

Muskaan - I know..

Everyone looked at her quizzically

Niki - You DO?? [raising her eyebrows]

Muskaan defeated by everyone's glares - So i check out his facebook account!! Sue ME!!

Rahul from behind - You check out my facebook account? [everyone looking up to see him, completely surprised],

Muskaan embarrassed smiles faintly - Sometimes..

Rahul smiles - I didn't think I had you on my friends list..

Muskaan - You don't.. but you have had one password for all your accounts.. soooo...

Abhi - You hack into his account???? [everyone's eyes widen, Rahul still standing and everyone still sitting.. Muskaan not knowing what to answer]

Rahul - Technically it's not hacking.. because she knew the password..

Mayank - OMG.. how somethings never change..

Rahul - like her snooping around you mean?? Yeah.. [smirks, Muskaan smiles back] i knew that would never change...

Atul - and you always siding her.. I thought that would change... but I guess i was wrong...

Rahul - Forget all that.. tell me something.. What does it take to get a hug around here?? [folds his hands and grins.. the boys get up and again literally pounce on him, all three hugging him at once] Okay one hug at a time please.. i can't handle this bromance all at once... [then the girls get up and hug Rahul, when it was Muskaan's turn]

Rahul - I like the hair [holding her for a few seconds longer, taking in her familiar scent]

Muskaan pulling back whispering - I like a lot more [winks at him and sits down] grab a chair.. [sitting next to her]

Abhi - Sooooo... where is she??? Are you hiding her from us because we're hotter than you?? Huh huh??

Ridz grits her teeth as Armaan saw her top soaked with alcohol and her loose hair dripping - Why am i not surprised!! Not just are you an ego maniac but you're a fumbling klutz as well!! [shaking the liquid of her hands]

Armaan shocked trying to balance all the fallen glasses on the tray - I'm a klutz.. You're the bull dozer that came barging into me..

Ridz - Even an ant would have been a bull dozer if you're carrying this heavy a tray through a crowded bar.. God certainly left you out when he gave everyone brains...

Armaan - And he left you out when he gave everyone else height... because i sure as hell didn't see you..

Ridz - Maybe it's because you're blind..

Armaan - Or maybe because you're a dwarf!!

Ridz - Please, just admit it's your own stupid fault... You thought you could fly like superman over all these people with this tray..

Armaan - If i had known I'd be crashing into you, i'd certainly have worn my cape.. Now please replace all these drinks you spilled...

Ridz hands on her hips glaring, her eyes popping - You have one sock in the nuts coming if you think i'm buying you the drinks you spilled.. You buy me a top first..  UGH!! I smell like the worst cocktail ever... [she takes a U turn and storms off, Armaan following her  few steps behind]

Rahul - I'm not hiding her fool... she'll be here any minute... but before that.. please tell me you ordered me a drink...

Atul - Shit.. we forgot about you.. So sorry man..

Mayank - We didn't know what you'd want...

Rahul - What the heck.. All of you'll know what i drink.. Muskaan?? 

Muskaan replies meekly - Gin and tonic..

Rahul smiles not surprised, softly says - You remember

Muskaan, softly - You're hard to forget... I.. err. i mean...

Rahul smiles knowingly - I know what you mean...

Abhi - How were we supposed to know you'd still be drinking that old mans drink?!!

Rahul - Some things never change Modi!!

Muskaan - And some things do.. Right Rahul??

Walking by the poolside on the way back from the bar to the table Ridz made her way thru a bunch of people to find Rahul, in turn dodging a waiter, who couldn't help but bump into Armaan who was following pursuit. The reaction, both the waiter and Armaan lost balance and fell into the pool... Ridz turned back with a start, and when she saw who was in the pool she couldn't control her smile and her tongue.

Ridz - I bet you lost your entire buzz huh??!!

Armaan - You vindictive WITCH [water spurting from his mouth]

Ridz - What goes around comes around ten fold mister... it's the rule of Karma!!

Armaan - I saw you purposely push the poor waiter..

Ridz shrieking - WHAT?? Have you lost it?? [sarcastically] Oh wait, You never had it in the first place..

Armaan dripping wet getting out of the pool, his clothes sticking to him, and everyone by the pool side staring at him.. - I'm gonna get you.. if it's the last thing i do!!

Ridz - Quit quoting dialogues on me and dry yourself.. you're flooding the place!! [walks off looking for Rahul as Armaan pulls the waiter out of the water]

Rahul - Aah there she is... Riddhima meet..... [glances at her condition] what happened to you?

Ridz - Hi you guys...

Everyone chorus's Hi!!

Ridz - I know i look a mess Rahul.. but this ass of a man dropped a tray filled with drinks on me... I was hoping i could use your bathroom..

Rahul - Sure..

Niki - I'll take her.. [gets up]

Armaan looking at the commotion - What is SHE doing here??

Ridz - Oh look what the cat dragged in.. and that too dripping wet!!!

Muskaan - Armaan... [startled at his appearance] What happened...

Armaan - What happened?? This nuisance happened. [pointing to Ridz with a disgusted face]

Ridz - This is the ass of a man who dropped that tray.. [looking around] with all your drinks i'm guessing.. on ME!!

Armaan - I wish i had dropped the tray on your head instead!!

Muskaan - Armaan....

Armaan - Then what Muskaan she's such a venomous woman she tripped me and i fell in the pool..

Ridz - I did NOT!

Armaan - You did too..

Anji - Am I the only grown up here?

Atul - Why do you ask baby?

Anji - Because i'm surrounded by three year olds whose favorite pass time is fighting.. I thought we had just put an end to Abhi and Niki.. and now, here comes another..

Atul - OH Boy! we're both gonna have Grey hair by the time we get married!!

End of Chapter TWO

PS: Extremely sorry I haven't been able to reply to all your comments.. I thoroughly appreciate all of your responses to the first chapter.. I hope you enjoyed this one as well!!

PS: I hope you enjoyed One, If you're an old reader of my FF's you know the drill...

Tinggggggggggggggggg.... :)

Edited by missy22 - 14 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

missy22 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
and one more.. just in case.. :)
aarora thumbnail

wow honey..still cant blv u r back..lol..😆luvd intro n first part..continue soon...n plzzz PM me whnvr u update if possible...luv ya..😊

Edited by aarora - 15 years ago
Pebblez thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 5

*reserved...why cudnt u pm me abt this *frwns*

edit 1: Mic, why didnt we get a prolonged update of Greek God before this...just cuz u ended at THE scene, i hope to read that soon.

edit 2: That doesnt mean i didnt love this one...!! Its already going down in my favorites....i loved Nikki most of all, amongst the whole group...i mean...u were ryt abt herr one liners, man they were witty and hilairous...the testosterone levels...hahahahaha...cracked me up totally...and well...MPM rocked too, i love ur acronyms girl, specially as i have a knack for making some on my own :P

Armaan Riddhima...wont even start on HOW much i lvoed them...fabulous...loved Riddhima's confidence...Armaans a jerk...*frowns*...but i likes him *grins*....waiting to read more...

lov ya loads girl...i knw the comment is short, will give a detaailed one later...

Kiran

Edited by Pebblez - 15 years ago
spln thumbnail

*reserved

gee thankx pebbz, and MIc, for my pretty much in time reservation of spot on page 1...you can thank her too :)

loved the intro/part1

hugs!!!

nj :)

ps: did you think i'm done commenting??, dudeeeeeeee think again of course!!

ps: atul and anj, the model woos the flab boy...HAH!!...bang on!!

ps: rahul muskaan (armaan ridhima)...she turned him down to fly...not a bad thouht if you asked me...yeh sure...since we get to see all the mismatch drama trying to re -fix itself and coordinate into factually correct pairs of names as we know them to be ...IN COUPLES!!!

ps: nikki abhi ...  did you 'long-distance-apart-not-know-me-much' telepath to read my mind?? i told nij not long ago, like a few days back, i had not yet seen a fic which depicted nikki-abhi in fair conditions...there you go mic...loved them the MOST...from word go!

ps: armaan ridhima...nothing much to say...i'm going to wait upon them...(erm not literally..well...if i had to...armaan is incentive enough :D)

ps: now you know the drill...forget the PM...chuck the reply to this if you must...UPDATE SOON WITHOUT FAIL/LOSS/PARTIAL AMNESIA/DISAPPEARENCE....both of them fics... :)

Edited by spln - 15 years ago
pickytg thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail

*reserved...

...me..!!

*edit* yeahh...thats me.....but only a few know who that is...but thanks pebbz...for the spot! :)

luved the intro and the chap..

mich...oh you are the next thing i am going to hunt down if i ever decide to search for lsot nutters...!! loved the update...for an old times sake..."Hi-Fi" on this one..!! i'd be honest..i skipped most of the individual introdz...cuz i don't remember reading one with your previous one...and i still got the best flow....and if i am wrong...am happy being just that! :D ..the pairing...and the wittiness i see is plent in all....even tho most decent sidies have it..and i like that tons!! ..its funny...but just last week NJ was like we need someone to give us a strong nikki fic..and i have random thoughts...but you'll give us somwhat in those lines here..!! surprisingly...looking forward to AN :) but hell...AR beat them all...hands down and legs in the air...haha!! not funny i bet..but i am laughing tons...!!

truly...luved the update....oh hell yeah!

its realllyyy...good to have you back and don't be going on another break...try HARDER if you feel like doing it again...but stick on around here ...and yes...that VM "Dil Dooba" is still one of my favz...think you can make another one of those sorts..no hurries....coz i was something next to perfect..something that calls for your time and energy...that would make me go *oh-la-laaa*

cheers hun,

....ziz ☺️ (i'll skip on the nick changes...i think am going to stick to this one...for a while :P)

ps...Did i mention....loved your part :D

Edited by missypatel - 15 years ago
-harika- thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4

whoa! another one?!!! BRB

hey bhaggu, PS se hi shuru kardiya is baar😆

fantastic start mic!! back with double bang ha? ⭐️loved the character sketch, can see how clear they r in ur head! i m soo looking fwd to this one...chap 1 was good, with some nice one liners n comebacks, ofcourse this is mic who is writing! wat less do u expect, right? abhi niki n rahul muski r more interesting than AR....oh well, all r related but great plot as far as i can see...u have mayank also...watching MJHT eh? enjoyed this one! make d nxt one soon if possible!

*hugs*

haru

Edited by -harika- - 15 years ago
ashluvdmg thumbnail
WAT????NEW FIC??????y din u pm me u dumb...!!arggg...😡
LOLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ
reserved........
iram4eva thumbnail
wow mic ur definately on the roll here...another ff jus as interesting as the previous one......... its still yet to sink in dat ur back.......anyways gr8 concept....eager to read more

iram
bradford3 thumbnail
cool anoda fnfic plz continue soon