Debate Mansion

Quality of Hindi cinema

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

trustt

Groupbie

trustt

Posted: 20 April 2009 at 1:23pm | IP Logged
The  sheer disappointment of watching a hindi movie has left a big scar on a movie fan like me. i refuse to go out and watch a movie in a Cinema Hall now. Have the script writers died or the actors died or has the industry died? do you see any clear hope for the future of Hindi films??

Personally i feel there is no hope and would even want to have laws to sue these producers,directors and actors to making such crapy moviesSmile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Quality of Hindi cinema" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Perfangel5655

IF-Sizzlerz

Perfangel5655

Posted: 30 April 2009 at 10:49pm | IP Logged

well because times have changed. These days people would rather gush over any SRK commercial flick then watch something that wasn't a overhyped big banner film, but had good acting along with good script. I am not pointing fingers as I am pretty bad myself. I do try to watch quality film., but as the choices are so small these days I can't find any. I do like chick flick cheesy romances, but it's sad when that's all Bollywood is good at. I haven't honestly liked a film for atleast past 10 years. These are the last 3 films I liked Rang de Basanti, Chak de India and Sorry Bhai. Rang de basanti and CDI were of course big commercial hits, Sorry Bhai was totally underrated, but I LOVED THE MOVIE TO BITS. It was sweet and simple. The movie had awesome location, good script, the story was told in such a pleasant manner, it left me with a warm feeling. It wasn't a typical story.

I don't think good films necessarily have to be boring but I feel the indian films that actually have top class acting along with good scrpit are, hence no one watches them.

I have given up all expectations for indian films. I still do watch them and get entertained but as soon as I watch them all thoughts about the movie leave my head and it feels like a waste of time.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top