Another Padukone enters Kannada film industry

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
Another Padukone enters Kannada film industry

Bangalore (IANS): Another Padukone, Sanchitha, is ready to hit the Kannada film industry. But before you jump to conclusion - no, she is not related to her more famous namesake Deepika.
"Many people keep asking me whether I am the younger sister of Deepika Padukone. Some websites have even wrongly reported that I am her younger sister. I am neither related to Deepika Padukone nor am I acquainted with her," said Sanchita, who like Deepika was a model before entering films. Deepika made her debut in films through Kannada film "Aishwarya" in which she was teamed with Kannada films' leading star Aishwarya.

Later she was chosen for a big role in Shah Rukh Khan's "Om Shanti Om" by director Farah Khan. Since the release of the film Deepika has been staying in Mumbai to consolidate her career in Bollywood.
"The fact is that our elders hail from the same village Padukone in Kundapura taluk of Udupi district in Karnataka. I like Deepika for her talents and I am inspired by her hard work and determination to succeed," says Sanchitha.

Sanchitha is the heroine of "Raavana" directed by Yogeesh Hunsur that has young Yogi as the hero. The film is produced by Uday Mehta and is the remake of Dhanush-starrer Tamil hit "Kadhal Kondein".
Sanchitha studied in Hombegowda College in Bangalore before she took up some modelling assignments. She had signed a Tamil film "Muththalagi" before she was picked up for the Kannada film. "I would like to be known as an actress of great potential. Acting is a passion in my life. I had even taken some training before I made attempts to get into the film industry. I want to work in films of different languages, though Kannada films would be my first priority. I have made a good beginning in the Kannada film industry and I am sure that this film would be a turning point in my life," Sanchitha said.

"Yogeesh sir has told me that he would be using my voice for the film. I am trying to give my best in this film. The role offered to me is very good and the fact that an experienced actress like Sonia Agarwal had done this role in the original has increased my responsibilities," adds Sanchita.

Edited by flower-hs353 - 14 years ago
Me too, I like deepz for her talent and hard work. Good luck to this new padukone
Dude!! Am I seeing double?! Is it just me or both of these Padukone chicks look similar?

I have a feeling this will turn out to be yet another Her-MAN-Hrithik scenario!
Edited by psychobalehead - 14 years ago
Originally posted by psychobalehead

Dude!! Am I seeing double?! Is it just me or both of these Padukone chicks look similar?

I have a feeling this will turn out to be yet another Her-MAN-Hrithik scenario!

Deepika and this girl... don't look nothing alike. They don't have anything similar. They just have the same last name that's it๐Ÿ˜Š 
is she related to deepika????hr sis or wat???
Originally posted by shala-deepz

is she related to deepika????hr sis or wat???

Read the article๐Ÿ˜Š She's not related to Deepika at all. They just share a last name
she has nothing to do with Deepika! ๐Ÿ˜† kahan ye ladki aur kahan Deepu ๐Ÿ˜†