Harry Potter

How many of your predictions were right?

wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hey everyone,
I am sure all of you had your own theories about several issues in the books pre-DH. How many of your predictions were correct and how many of you were WAYYY off (LOL)? You can discuss about anything ranging from
-Snape: Good or Bad (also the whole Snape-Lily thing had you guessed that Snape loved her pre-DH?)
-Harry/ the trio/other people : they live or die etc. etc.
-How the end battle would be
-And how many thought Dumbledore would come back (I was hoping for it no kidding😭 even though his death fits well into the plot)
I though Ron was gonna die and THANKFULLY I was wrong!

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

vritikacullen thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
really thot dumbledore wud be back...hermionie nd harry wud be 2gether...snape wud die a dreadful death for what he did!
but am very very happy with watever happened and the way it all turned out to be...it cudent hv been better seriously! 👏
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: redhotght

Hey everyone,
I am sure all of you had your own theories about several issues in the books pre-DH. How many of your predictions were correct and how many of you were WAYYY off (LOL)? You can discuss about anything ranging from
-Snape: Good or Bad (also the whole Snape-Lily thing had you guessed that Snape loved her pre-DH?) I never ever guessed that Snape and Lily were friends and that Snape loved her, but it was definitelyi interesting to read about that. I also had a suspicion that he was good despite killing Dumbledore, but there were doubts about his loyalty to, especially since he was such a good actor in front of the Death Eaters and Dumbledore both. It was maddening thinking about whether he was good or bad.😆
-Harry/ the trio/other people : they live or die etc. etc. Always knew Harry was going to live; never had a doubt about that; and I felt that either Ron or Hermione were going to live; I felt she was going to kill off one of them, but I'm happy she didn't.😊 Never in the world thought Fred or Dobby would die, very saddened by that.😭 But I kind of felt that one of the Weasleys would die. It would be too perfect, especially with a big family like theirs, if none of them died. I always knew Percy would return, so I'm happy that came true.😊
-How the end battle would be Never pictured the final battle like how JKR wrote it. She went beyond herself, and it was much better than anything I ever pictured!👏👏👏 
-And how many thought Dumbledore would come back (I was hoping for it no kidding😭 even though his death fits well into the plot) I always hoped he would come back😳, but I knew he wouldn't. I actually thought Harry would converse with him through a portrait like all the other previous Headmasters had. Lots of Pre-DH fanfictions wrote plots where Harry talked with DUmbledore through a portrait, but I like how JKR did it. It was unique and interesting.😊
I though Ron was gonna die and THANKFULLY I was wrong!

-Divyaa- thumbnail
i always knew snape had something more than what meets the eye and yeah i loved snape and lily but never even thought snape could love some one so much and that to harry's mother,i was kinda of shocked .......,i knew dumbledore wouldnt comeback but seriously hoped  for a miracle ,i never even thought so many people will die,felt really bad for remus 😭😭😭and why did you think ron was goona die please tell???
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: divyalrl

and why did you think ron was goona die please tell???

Well actually I had read a really good essay about who was gonna die in book 7 and the author had come up with a very convincing argument as why Ron will die. It drew parallels with the scene in Book 1 where he sacrifices himself on the chess board....and some similar event would happen in book 7. Also, if you remember, in the prisoner of azkaban there is a scene where 13 people are dining in the great hall, and Prof. Trelawney predicts that the person who will leave the table first will be first to die, and Ron was the first to get up. But I am relieved that it didn't happen. Although I was quite dissapointed when Ron abandoned them in DH. Never expected that from him. BTW, cute siggie😊
Edited by redhotght - 15 years ago
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Great topic!

I actually didn't expect the whole Lily/Snape fiasco. After the sixth book, I never expected him to be on Dumbledore's side, so that took me by shock. And I actually thought Ron was going to die to, but I am soooooooooooo glad he didn't!
-Divyaa- thumbnail

Well actually I had read a really good essay about who was gonna die in book 7 and the author had come up with a very convincing argument as why Ron will die. It drew parallels with the scene in Book 1 where he sacrifices himself on the chess board....and some similar event would happen in book 7. Also, if you remember, in the prisoner of azkaban there is a scene where 13 people are dining in the great hall, and Prof. Trelawney predicts that the person who will leave the table first will be first to die, and Ron was the first to get up. But I am relieved that it didn't happen. Although I was quite dissapointed when Ron abandoned them in DH. Never expected that from him. BTW, cute siggie😊

wow some amazing detailed study of how will ron die ,yeah even iam happy he dint and was really unhappy when he left them in dh but the way he came back was so nice and thanks that sig is posted in the artwork threadby murrhalidharan😳
missindia26 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Hey everyone,
-Snape: Good or Bad (also the whole Snape-Lily thing had you guessed that Snape loved her pre-DH?)

didnt realise bout the whole Snape-Lily thing though he was just jealous of James, but I had an inkling he wasnt evil just thought there was too many things, Dumbledore's turst, saving Harry during Quidditch etc
-Harry/ the trio/other people : they live or die etc. etc.
Thought Mr Weasley, Bill, Harry would die 😭
Was right about Voldemort, Tonks and Lupin 😭
-How the end battle would be
I definitely didnt have any idea bout Harry coming back to life
-And how many thought Dumbledore would come back (I was hoping for it no kidding😭 even though his death fits well into the plot)
Yeah me too I just kept wishing...
I though Ron was gonna die and THANKFULLY I was wrong! 😃

missy6892 thumbnail
Posted: 14 years ago
The whole Regulas Black = RAB thing was pretty obvious also :) im sure everyone predicted that was gonna happen
U-No-Poo thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 14 years ago
My prediction about Snape being on the positive side was bang on ! I kept telling my friends that Snape would ultimately turn out to be good =)