India-Forums

**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 8)

Sue Nair IF-Rockerz
Sue Nair
Sue Nair

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 1:49am | IP Logged
Originally posted by deepak_dinesh

Hi,
                 I have no idea what happened to my role in thirumati selvam but i am sure it is coming back soon for that is the main track.we will have to wait and see.but honestly i don't worry much about what,why and how but just go ahead and do and act with what is given to me.i have learnt from this industry that expectations always lead to dissapointment.actors will be replaced,stories will change,serials will come to halt and no explaination will be given nor should be asked for.depressing but the truth.be well.

AN ATHEIST IN THE WOODS 

An atheist was
walking through the woods.

'What majestic trees!

'What powerful rivers!

'What beautiful animals!

He said to himself.

As he was walking alongside the river, he heard a rustling in the bushes
behind him.

He turned to look. He saw a 7-foot grizzly bear charge towards him. 

He ran as fast as
he could up the path. He looked over his shoulder & saw that the bear
was closing in on him..

He looked over his shoulder again, & the bear was even closer.

He tripped & fell on the ground.

He rolled over to pick himself up but saw that the bear was right on top of
him, reaching for him with his left paw & raising his right paw to
strike him. 

At that instant the Atheist cried out, 

'Oh my God!'

Time Stopped.

The bear froze.

The forest was silent.

As a bright light shone upon the man, a voice came out of the sky.

'You deny my existence for all these years, teach others I don't exist and
even credit creation to cosmic accident.' 

'Do you expect me
to help you out of this predicament?

Am I to count you as a believer?

The atheist looked directly into the light, 'It would be hypocritical of me
to suddenly ask you to treat me as a Christian now, but perhaps you could
make the BEAR a Christian'?

'Very well,' said the voice.

The light went out. The sounds of the forest resumed. And the bear dropped
his right paw, brought both paws together, bowed his head & spoke: 

'Lord
bless this food, which I am about to receive from thy bounty through Christ
our Lord, Amen..'
So he decided to remain an Atheist till he kicked the bucket....what a waste..!!. Thanks Satish...Clap

Edited by Sue Nair - 04 May 2009 at 2:16am
Sue Nair IF-Rockerz
Sue Nair
Sue Nair

Posted: 04 May 2009 at 2:16am | IP Logged
He definately looked cute as a baby girl.......wat a pity he is not..!!Wink
atina IF-Veteran Member
atina
atina

Posted: 05 May 2009 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
Pictures received 05/05

s.satishkumar Goldie
s.satishkumar
s.satishkumar

Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:27pm | IP Logged

THE STRENGTH OF A MOTHER

Last week coming out of the shive temple near my house in besantnagar i saw this very old lady pushing a man who was obviously paralysed in a cart.i stopped thinking i would give her the bananas and coconut i was carrying from the puja i had done.as she came near she became very excited and hurriedly pushed the cart towards me.seeing this i thought that she must be coming towards me to beg for money.but wonders of wonders she left the car and came near me and stared for some time and then asked me if i was the actor who was acting in kalayanam.sheepishly i said yes and then gave her a 5 rupee not and tried to move because she was smelling badly.but she kept trying to make polite conversation and amazingly tried to her hands for she had lost most of her fingers due to leprosy.standing politely but not knowing what to talk to her i asked her if that was her husband in the cart she was pushing.smilingly she said that it was her son who was born paralysed.shocked i asked her how old they both were.she said she was nearing seventy and that her son was nearly 55 years old.speechless i asked her when she got married and where her husband was.shyly she said that it was a mistake she did when she was about 14 or 15 years old.she had givenbirth to a handicapped son and had been caring for him even while suffering from leprosy for so long.

i dont when i last cried but tears flowed down my face and seeing that beggar woman said son why are you crying.you should be bold and ready to face any hurdles in life.not knowing how to react i took my wallet out and triedto give all the money which was there.but she stopped and said i would be more happy if you came and visited the rest of us in our leper colony near vysarpadi.mumbling yes i walked,ran and raced my car from there.lying in bed i thought what a coward i was and am still for there have been so many times i gave hope for petty problems.but after this i have sworn to look at life in a more positive way and accept everything as god's desire and will.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

naadagam

s.satishkumar Goldie
s.satishkumar
s.satishkumar

Posted: 05 May 2009 at 9:28pm | IP Logged
forgive me for the spelling mistakes because the above story was written in a very emotional state.
Caryn IF-Rockerz
Caryn
Caryn

Posted: 05 May 2009 at 10:00pm | IP Logged
thanks for sharing your story with us.  It is emotional.  I think at times like this, I would have been  a coward and would have done the same.

It is human in us.  We shouldn't do that but we do - maybe more out of fear than anything else.
eljay IF-Rockerz
eljay
eljay

Posted: 06 May 2009 at 5:55am | IP Logged
That story was so moving, Satish!  It is even more moving because she did not even want your money, all she wants is for you to visit their colony.  How many mothers would be so unselfish as to give up their entire lives caring for a sick child, especially when they are not wealthy?  The power of a mother is truly amazing, and I am appreciating my mother more and more these days, 19 years after she passed away.
s.satishkumar Goldie
s.satishkumar
s.satishkumar

Posted: 06 May 2009 at 5:28pm | IP Logged
   Divine Understanding

A biker was riding along a California beach when suddenly the sky cloudedabove his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have TRIED to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."

The biker pulled over and said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can ride overanytime I want." 

The Lord said, "Your request is materialistic. think of theenormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required toreach the bottom of the Pacific!  The concrete and steel it would take! Itwill nearly exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hardfor me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more timeand think of something that would honor and glorify me."
The biker thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand my wife. I want to know how she feels inside, whatshe's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing is wrong, and how I can make a woman truly
happy."

The Lord replied"You want two lanes or four on that bridge?" 

Go to top