**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 198)

Post Reply New Post

Page 198 of 201

pattuppudavai

pattuppudavai

Posted: 30 January 2013 at 12:27am | IP Logged
It's a pleasure to see you in 'Rajakumari' serial.

Varnasi is my fav.pilgrim place and you are all lucky to visit it one more time for the serial.

btw, what are the places in Varnasi that have been shot in this serial?  
The Kasi Temple, its surrounding areas? 

Have you been to Kala Bhairava's temple and Visalakshi temple? I mean, have you shot in these places too?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

s.satishkumar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 198)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 31 January 2013 at 4:14pm | IP Logged
hi pattupudavai,
                                I am sorry for the delay in replying.I have been busy shifting my house and i never imagined that it would be such a difficult task.

I am sorry to say that our serial trip to kashi was brief,very brief and shooting took place just for a few days.the weather was extremely cold and there was absolutely no sunlight.I went on my own and saw a few temple including the kasi vishwantar.But the security was heavy and i don't think we got permission to shoot to shoot in the main temples.most of the shooting took place in and around the ganges for the scenes required that.Thanks for taking time to post here in our forum.be well.

satish

pattuppudavai

pattuppudavai

Posted: 01 February 2013 at 12:53am | IP Logged
Thanks Satish kumar for replying in the hectic schedule of shifting... nice to know men too take part in this task :-)

yeah, security is tight in these shrines. Some are very strict like Guruvayur, Thirupathi etc. while some others are more lenient... I had the opportunity to get live Kasi Moolasthanam Darshan on the internet, but they have stopped it now :-((

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ac_durgas.satishkumar

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 03 February 2013 at 4:21pm | IP Logged
Some beautiful,profound and some melancholic quotes

You may leave school, but it never leaves you.    

Andy Partridge

Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we truly are.

Arthur Golden

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery.

Dante Alighieri

Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you.    

H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Children begin by loving their parents. As they grow older they judge them, sometimes they forgive them.

Oscar Wilde

Tomorrow, you promise yourself, will be different, yet, tomorrow is too often a repetition of today.

James T. McKay

migan

migan

Cool Viewbie

migan

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 11:04am | IP Logged
Originally posted by s.satishkumar

Some beautiful,profound and some melancholic quotes

You may leave school, but it never leaves you.    

Andy Partridge

Adversity is like a strong wind. It tears away from us all but the things that cannot be torn, so that we see ourselves as we truly are.

Arthur Golden

There is no greater sorrow than to recall happiness in times of misery.

Dante Alighieri

Live so that when your children think of fairness and integrity, they think of you.    

H. Jackson Brown, Jr.

Children begin by loving their parents. As they grow older they judge them, sometimes they forgive them.

Oscar Wilde

Tomorrow, you promise yourself, will be different, yet, tomorrow is too often a repetition of today.

James T. McKay

Thanks Satish for posting these here.

The two i highlight is really true.  Feels sad but that is the truth. 

s.satishkumar

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 11 February 2013 at 7:36pm | IP Logged
                     An aspiring actor prepares amid doubt and pitfalls

Last friday as i got my makeup done and donned a the costume selected for me and feeling a bit like and indian of old with my kurta and pyjama i asked the assistant director what were the  scenes i was going to act in.He replied that me and the actor vinoth who was playing my younger brother would have a scene with ramya krishnan.I nodded ok and waited with my makeup and then had my breakfast.I took a nap,read for some time and then had lunch and went on reading my book.At about i was told that the next scene would be mine and got my face touched up again and went into the arena with motivation and positive thoughts.And then a bombshell landed when i read the scene.The scene was that me and my brother were going to ask our sister nilambri to sign away all her rights towards our property and also to sign a bond paper that declared that she had no power over anything our family owned and that she had no connection whatsoever with us.

With a stunned look i asked the director what the hell was happening and what was the justification for this 360 degree turn in my role of a loving brother.The director said boss i have no clue as to what is happening.I pressed on saying sir,in thursday's episode my character was weeping that his sister is being separated from him and now you are telling me that monday's episode will show me heartlessly and cruelly demanding the same sister to sign over all her rights to our property and cut away all her ties with us.How did this happen and how are the audience going to react to this.Amid heated disscussion and with a heavy and confused heart i acted out the scene.

Well this is the state of towards life,films and television.For the first time in my life as an actor i had doubts about myself and my abilities and how i was going to act with so much confusion in my mind.Yet pushing away all them away i took a deep breath and focussed my mind and delivered my lines.I don't know why but off late i feel bad inside when i have to portray negative roles and have studiously avoided for the past few years roles which will have me acting in such ways.The last role was in maharani,before that in arasi and in between that a role of cop in abirami.so for the past few years i have been doing good and positive characters that i have forgotten how to portray negative and villainous mannerisms.people tell me that negative roles have better reach and an actor can perform better abd more stylishly in those roles.I beg to differ for i think an actor can do the same things in positive roles.

Well i am stuck here in rajakumari without a clue onto what is happening to the story or to my character.And yes i prepare to deliver a good perfomance even amid the confusion and failing standards in our industry.

spain

spain

Posted: 12 February 2013 at 3:51pm | IP Logged
Hi, I haven't watched any serials for a long time...so I am unable to comment on your above post.

But isn't it better to portray a character with selfish, heartless traits than to be a selfish, heartless person in real life?

I would hate to interact with someone who I thought was genuinely good, only to realise that they had their own selfish intentions in their mind all along. Man, I would eat up those kind of people alive!
Sadly, such characters do exist in the real world.

As far as the serial goes, it is a Ramya Krishnan show, so the storyline would want the audience to sympathise with her character by showing her being deceived, betrayed, isolated, etc.
As an actor, it's up to you how you display with conviction the sudden change of thoughts your character undergoes.
It's a confusing task for a given job...and only a good actor can do it like a pro...
but honestly, it's not as confusing as it is in real life.

In real life, it is more confusing and yet we all smile and give the thumbs up sign, don't we?
We knew Vaishnavi, the young budding actress of Muhurtham.
We knew why she committed suicide.
We knew who was held responsible behind her tragic act.
And yet that person is on facebook posting nice pics of himself like he is the ideal, charming family man...
Better yet, he gets the thumbs up sign for it...
How confusing can this world get?

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

ac_durgakalki2007s.satishkumar

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 13 February 2013 at 8:40pm | IP Logged
                              HISTORICAL TRIVIA

Did you know the saying "God willing and the Creek don't rise" was in reference to the Creek Indians and not a body of water? It was written by Benjamin Hawkins in the late 18th century. He was a politician and Indian diplomat. While in the south, Hawkins was requested by the President of the U.S. to return to Washington . In his response, he was said to write, "God willing and the Creek don't rise." Because he capitalized the word "Creek" it is deduced that he was referring to the Creek Indian tribe and not a body of water.

In George Washington's days, there were no cameras. One's image was either sculpted or painted. Some paintings of George Washington showed him standing behind a desk with one arm behind his back while others showed both legs and both arms. Prices charged by painters were not based on how many people were to be painted, but by how many limbs were to be painted. Arms and legs are 'limbs,' therefore painting them would cost the buyer more. Hence the expression, 'Okay, but it'll cost you an arm and a leg.' (Artists know hands and arms are more difficult to paint)

As incredible as it sounds, men and women took baths only twice a year (May and October) Women kept their hair covered, while men shaved their heads (because of lice and bugs) and wore wigs. Wealthy men could afford good wigs made from wool. They couldn't wash the wigs, so to clean them they would carve out a loaf of bread, put the wig in the shell, and bake it for 30 minutes. The heat would make the wig big and fluffy, hence the term 'big wig... ' Today we often use the term 'here comes the Big Wig' because someone appears to be or is powerful and wealthy.

In the late 1700's, many houses consisted of a large room with only one chair. Commonly, a long wide board folded down from the wall, and was used for dining. The 'head of the household' always sat in the chair while everyone else ate sitting on the floor. Occasionally a guest, who was usually a man, would be invited to sit in this chair during a meal. To sit in the chair meant you were important and in charge. They called the one sitting in the chair the 'chair man.' Today in business, we use the expression or title 'Chairman' or 'Chairman of the Board.'

Personal hygiene left much room for improvement.. As a result, many women and men had developed acne scars by adulthood. The women would spread bee's wax over their facial skin to smooth out their complexions. When they were speaking to each other, if a woman began to stare at another woman's face she was told, 'mind your own bee's wax.' Should the woman smile, the wax would crack, hence the term 'crack a smile'. In addition, when they sat too close to the fire, the wax would melt . .. . Therefore, the expression 'losing face.'

Ladies wore corsets, which would lace up in the front. A proper and dignified woman, as in 'straight laced' wore a tightly tied lace..

Common entertainment included playing cards. However, there was a tax levied when purchasing playing cards but only applicable to the 'Ace of Spades...' To avoid paying the tax, people would purchase 51 cards instead. Yet, since most games require 52 cards, these people were thought to be stupid or dumb because they weren't 'playing with a full deck..'

Early politicians required feedback from the public to determine what the people considered important. Since there were no telephones, TV's or radios, the politicians sent their assistants to local taverns, pubs, and bars. They were told to 'go sip some Ale and listen to people's conversations and political concerns. Many assistants were dispatched at different times. 'You go sip here' and 'You go sip there.' The two words 'go sip' were eventually combined when referring to the local opinion and, thus we have the term 'gossip.'

At local taverns, pubs, and bars, people drank from pint and quart-sized containers. A bar maid's job was to keep an eye on the customers and keep the drinks coming. She had to pay close attention and remember who was drinking in 'pints' and who was drinking in 'quarts,' hence the phrase 'minding your 'P's and Q's'.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top