**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 197)

Post Reply New Post

Page 197 of 201

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 02 January 2013 at 4:51pm | IP Logged
                         Great expectations

It took a frail man, half clad old man with a walking stick to lead india from bondage and into independence.It now looks like it will take a gang raped girl for us to wake up from the slumber and scream What's going in ?.But i wonder if anyone is home and listening.God surely is not and i definitely don't think there is any second coming or judgement day around the corner.Oh well,i suecretly hoped that the predictions of the mayan calendar would come true and that the life on earth would really come to an end.But wishes rarely come true,at least in my life.

It is funny that when the elections for either the lok sabha or the state assembly come around,the leaders of various parties or various politicians take time to appear on doordarshan and talk about the good things that they have done abd the awful things they are gonna do for us people(cattle).But strangely i don't see anybody doing that when the whole nation is burning with the issue of rape,protection for women,tougher laws against those who break the laws.

Now i am have finally concluded that apart from caste,creed and religions,we homosapiens are really divided into two parts.Female and male.My apologies that i dont mention the third kind or the fourth kind for that is understood i guess.

It took a fruit vendor in tunisia who doused himself with petrol in protest against the government's policies and the whole gulf region rose up with a cry and rallied themselves into a frenzy and the result is egypt had a new government after 31 years of dictatorship under Muhammad Hosni El Sayed Mubarak.And the fire and rally spread to libya and Muammar Gaddafi was killed and libya liberated.And now syria burns under a civil war and soon this cry for freedom might spread to saudi arabia and iran.

Well is this what our country is coimng to,a civil war,freedom rallies and another mutiny like the one in 1857 when in fact it was the first fight for freedom from the british rule.I am ready for this for the time has come for the house to be cleansed and the pests chased out.As i walked through the streets of kashi ( i prefer that than varanasi) i felt the history seep into my body.Starting form the 12th century when the muslims under khilji and then later the mughals,the city was destroyed and razed to the ground countless times.Today the temple we see in kashi is just a few centuries old.I wonder how beautiful the old temple would have looked,the one built thousands of years ago.

From the time of mughal invaders and then under the british rule and now under so called democratic governments we vote in,we indians seem to have lost our identity,self respect and that pride most people have for their countries.Each time i go to vote,seemingly under the impression that i am doing it for a good cause i stand in the booth and realise that i am spoilt for choices.Yes i am confued how to choose between a bandicoot, a snake and a donkey for that is how those politicians look like.

When did it change,when did it all change.I was standing in traffic signal and it was red obviously and police car with several stars rushed past and the poor constable went rigid and slapped a salute and me like the rest of the public were resigned to our flaccid temperament and clucked our tongues and went," paartheengala,enna kodumai saravana".

I always thought that from the elected mp's,mla's,ministers,chief ministers and prime minister are elected to serve the public and are there to work for the public.Isn't that the reason the term government servant was or is coined.so how did i or we all become the servants.I think the time has come for soon it could be my wife or my sister who is raped and murdered.I know there are no easy answers or solutions to this lawlessness and corruption but if we start now,we can atleast safe guard our children's future.Millions of indians died before we got our independence and what have we done with our freedom.piss and shit more on the streets,spit tobbaco and paan paraag in elevators.god i could go on.But my voice is feeble and impotent.But i guess if a lot more feeble hands and voices join together we could do and go on to achieve something.I bow my head and salute those brave souls in delhi streets who are fighting for the rights of women.I really wish i was there,i really do wish i was there.Be well.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

spainkalki2007migan

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 197)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 03 January 2013 at 6:10pm | IP Logged
The best things in life are nearest:  Breath in your nostrils, light in your eyes, flowers at your feet, duties at your hand, the path of right just before you.  Then do not grasp at the stars, but do life's plain, common work as it comes, certain that daily duties and daily bread are the sweetest things in life.

~Robert Louis Stevenson

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 05 January 2013 at 6:09pm | IP Logged
                            jade,diamonds and pearls

With unbridled pleasure i walked on the green grass,green as jade
a foot above the brown mother from whence it came
crowned with dew drops and some were sparkling diamonds
and some slid down the blade like dull grey pearls
step by step i walked gently as not to crush or kill the tender shoots
and yet they didn't mind and like a child they bent with my tread and bounced back
and i thought i heard chuckles of glee as if they were happy to be walked on gently
from far above them i scanned the carpet a family of green grass
and like a inviting bed they beckoned to lay my head and i did
some of the naughty blades tickled my ears and my feet as if to say
you need to smile more,you need to be more happy and not worry so much
so i sank into the water bed of grass in the orange and pink of the morning light
i heard whispers and more whispers as if there was a debate going on
it felt like an older mother grass telling its new shoot
him and all others finally lay down like this in the end
whether inside sand or whether on a pyre
and yes even when lots of us are laid on a tray and sent into the biggest oven
and it is so similar to when we waited for the cake to come out of the oven
and yet this dish ain't coming back,not now or ever

spain

spain

Posted: 10 January 2013 at 11:07pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by s.satishkumar

It now looks like it will take a gang raped girl for us to wake up from the slumber and scream What's going on?

The male gaze in India makes women ashamed of their sexuality.
That's an understatement.
Why are some men...especially Indian men...created this way - God only knows.

But being an Indian woman living outside of India, I am acutely aware that when I do step into my motherland...the first thing that catches my eyes are those dupattas that are pinned neatly, carefully and consciously on both sides of a salwar. Why, I wonder...because living outside of India, I never thought twice about those dupattas. I always found it a nuisance. In India, it's an essential equipment to wear when a decent middle class girl wants to walk out on the streets.

On my recent visit to Chennai, I noticed so many changes in the city. Some were for better, some were for worse. It's nice to see every middle class citizen on the roads now walking with and talking to someone on their mobile phones. 
Mobile phones. Everyone has them. Most people have smartphones now...with touchscreens, internet downloads, apps all on their fingertips. That's great to see. A few decades ago, having a mobile phone was such a big deal. Now everyone has got one.
So much advancement in such recent years.

Or so I thought.
My eyes saw other things too.
There were casual looking men with phones trying to take unknown pictures of women on their mobile cameras. I am told by my female friends that these incidents are common these days, esp in public places where no one is conscious that such photos are taken. This kind of voyeurism disgusted me, but I was also curious to know what do they do with these pictures. Where do they end up?

Some of these photos can be seen on the internet. Some are uploaded on po*nographic websites and after some googling, in the adult sections on online forums, where people would post one of these pictures and there would be long comment threads underneath them. These comments, all from men, dripped of extreme sexual frustration, either talking about the woman's assets in strong language or treating her like a sexual object.

What struck me about these posts were the photographs themselves. There was no nudity in any of these pictures. Some of them were opportunistic shots of exposed cleavage, legs and buttocks; others focused on less obvious body parts such as armpits, necks and the small of the back. Still others were just simple shots of women on streets or at their homes, with no overt sexual element visible.

The subjects weren't just attractive young women - they were young and old, petite and obese. Some pictures were untouched and raw, while others had been crudely edited. In some pictures the faces had been cropped out or distorted to protect the woman's identity; in others, they had been digitally disfigured to make them resemble rape or acid burn victims.

These pictures came from all over India - villages, small towns, cities and even metros like Chennai and Delhi.

I am not saying all Indian men have got sexual issues to deal with, but there definitely seems to be a significant portion of men across the country whose gaze towards women is very unbalanced.
It would be best to chop off their p**** but it would be wiser to pluck out their eyes too.

For a country that is already blind, India is the best place in the world for a criminal to live in peace, good health and happiness. It's a country where the wife provides nice home-made food for her husband, while her husband secretly takes pictures of other people's wives on his phone and uploads it on the internet. That's how advanced our Indian culture is today.

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

kalki2007migans.satishkumar

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 13 January 2013 at 5:01pm | IP Logged
My dear friends,

I wish all of you and your families a very happy pongal.I have been caught up with a busy shedule of the new serial i am acting in.I am not sure how my role is going to shape up but i am quietly confident that i will deliver a good perfomance no matter what role i am given and however small it might be.

I will keep you all posted on more of the new tv serial and hopefully your support which started with muhurtham will continue with this new serial.I wish you all the very best.be well.

love
                                                                                     satish

A friend of mine sent me a link to a site which has thousands of hindi songs which you can watch and listen to.check it out.

http://www.hindigeetmala.com/singer/

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

migannithyamkv

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 20 January 2013 at 4:59am | IP Logged

Angry Notes

Dear Noah,
We could have sworn you said the ark wasn't leaving till 5.
Sincerely,
Unicorns

Dear Icebergs,
Sorry to hear about the global warming. Karma's a bitch.
Sincerely,
The Titanic

Dear America ,
You produced Miley Cyrus. Bieber is your punishment.
Sincerely,
Canada

Dear Yahoo,
I've never heard anyone say, "I don't know, let's Yahoo! it..."
Just saying...
Sincerely,
Google

Dear Skin-Colored Band Aids,
Please make one for every skin color.
Sincerely,
Black people

Dear World,
Please stop freaking out about 2012. Our calendars end there because some Spanish d-bags invaded our country and we got a little busy, ok?
Sincerely,
The Mayans

Dear White People,
Don't you just hate immigrants?
Sincerely,
Native Americans

Dear iPhone,
Please stop spell checking all of my rude words into nice words.
You piece of shut.
Sincerely,
Every iPhone User

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 23 January 2013 at 2:51pm | IP Logged
A man was in front of me coming out of church one day, and the preacher was standing at the door as he always is to shake hands.

He grabbed the man by the hand and pulled him aside. The Pastor said to him, "You need to join the Army of the Lord!"

The man replied, "I'm already in the Army of the Lord, Pastor."

Pastor questioned, "How come I don't see you except at Christmas and Easter?"

He whispered back, "I'm in the secret service.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

migan

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 26 January 2013 at 2:40pm | IP Logged
In its feature on the top 100 people of the last century, TIME magazine wrote about Marilyn Monroe, "She sauntered through life as the most delectable sex symbol of the century and became its most enduring pop confection." Marilyn Monroe was born Norma Jeane Mortenson and legally changed her name to Marilyn Monroe in 1956. She became an American icon after a series of sexy performances on the silver screen. Here are some interesting quotes by Marilyn Monroe.

(on her marriage to Jim Dougherty) My marriage brought me neither happiness nor pain. My husband and I hardly spoke to each other. This wasn't because we were angry. We had nothing to say.

A career is born in public -- talent in privacy.

Acting isn't something you do. Instead of doing it, it occurs. If you're going to start with logic, you might as well give up. You can have conscious preparation, but you have unconscious results.

Before marriage, a girl has to make love to a man to hold him. After marriage, she has to hold him to make love to him.

Blond hair and breasts, that's how I got started. I couldn't act. All I had was blond hair and a body men liked. The reason I got ahead is that I was lucky and met the right men.

Dogs never bite me, just humans.

Even though I was born there, I still can't think of one good thing to say about it. If I close my eyes, and picture LA, all I see is one big varicose vein.

Every morning I walk across my apartment rolling an empty soda bottle between my ankles, in order to preserve my balance.

Fame is fickle and I know it.

Husbands are chiefly good as lovers when they are betraying their wives.

I always sleep with my mouth open. I know because it's open when I wake up.

I don't know who invented high heels, but all women owe him a lot.

I don't mind living in a man's world as long as I can be a woman in it.

I knew I belonged to the public and to the world. Not because I was talented or even beautiful, but because I had never belonged to anything or anyone else.

I like actors very much, but to marry one would be like marrying your brother. You look too much alike in the mirror.

I love to do the things the censors won't pass.

I never wear stockings or underclothes because I think it is important to breathe freely.

I restore myself when I'm alone.

I seldom write letters, but I love calling friends, especially late at night, when I can't sleep.

I used to think as I looked at the Hollywood night, "There must be thousands of girls sitting alone like me, dreaming of becoming a movie star. But I'm not going to worry about them. I'm dreaming the hardest.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top