**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 196)

Post Reply New Post

Page 196 of 201

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 16 December 2012 at 7:21pm | IP Logged
                               The impotency of grief

A child is one of the most beautiful things in this world and when a couple lay their eyes on their new-born,there are no words to explain or describe the emotions which run amok.I have personally seen some of closest friends in this personal moment and when they proudly displayed their child.Repeated questions of isn't he the most beautiful thing you have ever seen are thrown at me and i accept the fact that life in its infant form is really beautiful in its innocence and new splendour.Of course,the bonds of the mother with the child even before it is born is another totally different emotional experience.

And then you read of the killings in america and i am frozen and tongue-tied in horror and shock which is the only way the body knows how to cope when situations and emotions overwhelm the senses.20 children between the ages of five and ten have been gunned down by an youth who was on the verge of adult life.I have no clue as to what happened or why it happened and am ready to respond as the general melee would do.cluck my tongue and just whisper a prayer to the dead children and go on with my daily mundane tasks.But somehow the pain seems to cling and linger and slowly eats away at my soul.And the words of coldplay ring and swirl around my thoughts.

Those who are dead are not dead
                   But living inside my head

The dead however tragic it maybe,the deaths of little one however sad they maybe in the end will linger and haunt and torment the parents of the dead children.When someone close to you dies,they die taking a part of us for that which we have so lovingly invested in the relationship with them and only leave behind memories which one sometimes wants to erase for it claws and eats and just dosen't let us go on with our lives.My heart goes out to those parents who have lost their children and must be shellstruck with grief.I wish them peace and normalcy but it is going to be difficult.When someone goes before their time we ask god what he was thinking and why he had to take that person away.Sometimes we are ready to trade our lives for the dead person but more than that the question could i have done something different,could i have changed the course of their life are questions which torture us to madness.The death of a child might soon be forgotten but the effects of it will reveal itself in the parents drifting apart,unable to cope or talk about their grief,unable to control their anger which sometimes will come out as a reason to get into alcohol and drugs.

There are so many things in our lives that we sweep away under the rug for want of strength to face and cope with the moment and soon and invariably they come back later to bite our arses and the happy castle we built soon crumbles.in the words of the comedian vadivelu,building strong but basementu weak.

We are in an age where the world has shrunk and all happenings even across oceans are brought into our lives on a second to second live relay basis.Sometimes i wish it was not so and we were not aware of so many sad events taking place all over the world.

I truly hope and wish that death is not the end and that heaven exists.I hope this is true at least for those children and i hope they go to heaven and are in peace,even though they must have died screaming in fear for their parents in their final moments.Death at least brings you peace where being dead while living is totally another trauma.For the past few days,stories have been filtering in from kerala where fathers,step fathers have been molesting their children and its seems mostly in kannur.Somehow these tragedies seem to be lost among those stories about sachin scoring a century or how much dabaang 2 will earn a t the box-office.I am truly ashamed that in todays world where so much is possible so little is being done.I know these are tough questions to be answered and serious issues which most don't want to face for want of time in this fast world where everyday is a competition and a fight to survive.Be well.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 196)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 19 December 2012 at 2:29pm | IP Logged
A few years ago, during the Para-Olympics
held in Seattle, nine participants, all mentally
retarded or physically challenged, had aligned
themselves for the 100 meter hurdles.

Although at the given signal they didn't
start exactly at that moment, nor orderly, they
were determined to finish the race and thus win.
All they had to do in order to win the race was
to finish it.

All managed to finish it, except for a
young athlete who fell over the runway passage
of the first hedge. Because of the pain and of
the sorrow, he began to cry. The others hearing
his cry came back for him. They slowed down and
eventually they stopped.

In that day an unprecedented situation
occurred, eight out of the nine athletes
returned in order to help the ninth athlete,
which was in need of assistance. A girl with
the down syndrome came up to the wounded to
give him a kiss and to encourage him:

"Do not worry, the pain will go away."

Although that day the world record was not
beaten from any point of view, but the race was
finished by all nice athletes which past the
finish line together, holding each other with
their arms.

The whole stadium stood up and cheered
them for several minutes. They were even more
enthusiastic in the presence of such a wonderful
gesture than when a record was beaten.

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

ac_durgaspain~*Thamizhan*~atina

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 21 December 2012 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
                            Kahlil Gibran on Love

When love beckons to you, follow him,
Though his ways are hard and steep.
And when his wings enfold you yield to him,
Though the sword hidden among his pinions may wound you.
And when he speaks to you believe in him,
Though his voice may shatter your dreams
as the north wind lays waste the garden.

For even as love crowns you so shall he crucify you. Even as he is for your growth so is he for your pruning.
Even as he ascends to your height and caresses your tenderest branches that quiver in the sun,
So shall he descend to your roots and shake them in their clinging to the earth.

Like sheaves of corn he gathers you unto himself.
He threshes you to make you naked.
He sifts you to free you from your husks.
He grinds you to whiteness.
He kneads you until you are pliant;
And then he assigns you to his sacred fire, that you may become sacred bread for God's sacred feast.

All these things shall love do unto you that you may know the secrets of your heart, and in that knowledge become a fragment of Life's heart.

But if in your fear you would seek only love's peace and love's pleasure,
Then it is better for you that you cover your nakedness and pass out of love's threshing-floor,
Into the seasonless world where you shall laugh, but not all of your laughter, and weep, but not all of your tears.
Love gives naught but itself and takes naught but from itself.
Love possesses not nor would it be possessed;
For love is sufficient unto love.

When you love you should not say, "God is in my heart," but rather, "I am in the heart of God."
And think not you can direct the course of love, for love, if it finds you worthy, directs your course.

Love has no other desire but to fulfill itself.
But if you love and must needs have desires, let these be your desires:
To melt and be like a running brook that sings its melody to the night.
To know the pain of too much tenderness.
To be wounded by your own understanding of love;
And to bleed willingly and joyfully.
To wake at dawn with a winged heart and give thanks for another day of loving;
To rest at the noon hour and meditate love's ecstasy;
To return home at eventide with gratitude;
And then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 26 December 2012 at 7:32am | IP Logged
Hi people,

I got back to chennai today after a few days of shooting in varnasi.I want to tell you all that i have started work in a new tamil serial which is tentatively titled nilambri and stars ramya krishnan.this serial will replace the now running thangam.I am playing ramya krishnan's younger brother .It will start airing from january after the pongal holidays.I am keeping my fingers crossed and hope it works out well.

I wish you all a belated christmas and a very happy new year.lots of love.be well.

satish

The following 6 member(s) liked the above post:

ac_durganaadagamspain~*Thamizhan*~nithyamkveclat

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 26 December 2012 at 8:26pm | IP Logged
One day God was looking down at earth and saw all of the sinful behavior that was going on...

So He called His angels and sent one to earth for a time.

When the angel returned, he told God, 'Yes, it is bad on earth; 95% are misbehaving and only 5% are not.

God thought for a moment and said, 'Maybe I had better send down a second angel to get another opinion.'

So God called another angel and sent him to earth for a time.When the angel returned he went to God and said, 'Yes, it's true.The earth is in decline; 95% are misbehaving, but 5% are being good...'
God was not pleased. He decided to e-mail the 5% who were good, because He wanted to encourage them, and give them a little something to help them keep going.
Do you know what the e-mail said?

Okay, I was just wondering, because I didn't get one either.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

ac_durga

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 28 December 2012 at 7:11am | IP Logged
Hi people,

This is a list of tamil songs which i listened to over and over again.some of the films which have these songs have yet to release although the audio release is over.so i have included them in my list.Hope you like and enjoy them.I think kumki and kadal songs are what i will be listening for a long time.be well.

Best of tamil songs in 2012

KUMKI-Ayayayo Aanthamey

KUMKI-Sollitaley Ava Kaadhala

KADAL-Chithirai Nela

KADAL-Nenjukulle

KADAL-Moongil Thottam 

MAATRAN-Naani Koni

SAGUNI-Manasellam Mazhaiye

ETHIR NEECHAL-Velicha Poove Va

SAMAR-Azhagho Azhaghu

SAATAI-Sahaayane

SAATAI-Adi Raangi

KONJAM KOFFEE KONJAM KAADHAL-Kaadhalae

MUGAMOODI-Vaayamoodi summa iruda

NADUVULA KONJAM PAKKATHA KAANOM-Hey Crazy Penne

PONMAALAI POZHUDHU -Adikkadi

RATTINAM - Yele Yepulla

ORU KAL ORU KANNADI -Azhage Azhage

ORU KAL ORU KANNADI -Kaadhal Oru

ISHTAM-Dhinnakku Dhina

ISHTAM-Yenmele Indru

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

spainkalki2007migan

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 4:07pm | IP Logged
My dear friends,

I wish you all and your families a very happy new year.I hope all that you wished for and wanted come to you.Most of all i wish all of you peace and happiness.

satish

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

kalki2007migannithyamkveclat

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 31 December 2012 at 4:12pm | IP Logged
A blonde is terribly overweight, so her doctor puts her on a diet.

"I want you to eat regularly for two days, then skip a day, and repeat this procedure for two weeks," he instructs her: "The next time I see you, you'll have lost at least 5 pounds."

When the blonde returns, she's lost nearly 20 pounds.

"Why, that's amazing!" the doctor says: "Did you follow my instructions?"

The blonde nods: "I'll tell you, though, I thought I was going to drop dead that third day," she says.

"From hunger, you mean?" the doctor asks.

"No, from skipping."

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

migan

Post Reply New Post

Go to top