**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 194)

Post Reply New Post

Page 194 of 201

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 02 December 2012 at 7:36pm | IP Logged

A friend of mine has three boys, the youngest of whom, Gregory, had just started school.

A teacher commented to Gregory that she couldn't believe he was already in first grade and asked what his mother did all day now that the three boys were in school.

"Cartwheels," Gregory answered.

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

atina

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 194)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 02 December 2012 at 7:39pm | IP Logged

Three Texas surgeons were arguing as to which had the greatest skill. The first began: "Three years ago, I reattached seven fingers on a pianist. He went on to give a recital for the Queen of England."

The second replied: "That's nothing. I attended a man in a car accident. All his arms and legs were severed from his body. Two years after I reattached them, he won three gold medals for field events in the Olympics."

The third said: "A few years back, I attended to a cowboy. He was high on cocaine and alcohol when he rode his horse head-on into a Santa Fe freight train traveling at 100 miles per hour. All I had to work with was the horse's ass and a ten gallon hat. Last year he became president of the United States."

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 03 December 2012 at 6:24am | IP Logged

The saddest songs are written when a person is happy.

Merle Travis

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 03 December 2012 at 6:25am | IP Logged

We look before and after, And pine for what is not; Our sincerest laughter With some pain is fraught; Our sweetest songs are those that tell of saddest thought.

Percy Bysshe Shelley

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 04 December 2012 at 3:30pm | IP Logged
A man was sick and tired of going to work every day while his wife stayed at home. He wanted her to see what he went through each day, so he prayed :-

"Dear Lord, I go to work every day and put in 8 hours of hard work, while my wife merely stays at home. I want her to know what I go through, so please create a trade in our bodies". God, in His infinite wisdom, granted the man's wish.

The next morning, sure enough, the man awoke as a woman. He arose, cooked breakfast for his mate, awakened the kids, set out their school clothes, fed them breakfast, packed their lunches, drove them to school, came home ... picked up the dry cleaning, took it to the cleaners and stopped at the bank to draw money to pay the electricity and telephone bills.

He drove to the electricity company and the phone company and paid the bills, went grocery shopping, came home and put away the groceries. He cleaned the cat's litter box and bathed the dog. By then it was already 1:00 pm, so he hurried to make the beds, do
the laundry, vacuum, dust, and sweep and mop the kitchen floor.

He rushed to the school to pick up the kids and got into an argument with them on the way home which he had to sort out in a gentle 'motherly' fashion. He set out cookies and milk and got the kids organized to do their homework, then set up the ironing board and was
able to watch a bit of TV while he did the ironing. By then it was 4:30 pm, so he began peeling potatoes and washed greens for salads. He prepared the chops and fresh vegetables and got everything ready in time for an early dinner.

After supper, he cleaned the kitchen, ran the dishwasher, folded laundry, bathed the kids, and put them to bed. At 9:00 pm he was exhausted and although his chores weren't finished for the day, he went to bed where he was expected to make love, which he managed to get through without complaining. The next morning he awoke and immediately knelt by the bed and said :-

"Lord, I don't know what I was thinking. I was so wrong to envy my wife's being able to stay home all day. Please, O please, let us trade back!" The Lord, in his infinite wisdom, replied, "My son, I feel you have learned your lesson and I will be happy to change things back to the way they were. You'll just have to wait 9 months though, because you got pregnant last night!!!"

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 05 December 2012 at 7:03pm | IP Logged
              Overdue reviews of pizza,jab tak hai jaan and thuppaki

Pizza

Amid huge cries of admiration and encouragement to go see this new and awesome film i finally succumbed to the din and saw pizza.Well,i have no clue as to what the huge outcry of admiration and all those great reviews were for.It is just about an okay film with mediocre perfomances on a small budget.The only thing going for the film was the thirty minutes of scenes where the hero is stuck in the ghost house and that in the end is revealed as just a twist in the
tail for the audience.I don't know about twist for it felt more like someone had passed a real bad one in a crowded elevator.See here lies the sad thing for we audiences have been beaten down to accept average things from movies,to politicians and generally everything in everday life that when something different comes along  we scream our heads out.In the end it is an okay and time-pass film with average perfomances and bit of skilful direction.Some of you will take it as
an insult that i wrote this review but there it is for it is just my opinion and more over the film has made tons of money at the box-office.

Thuppaki

The only other film i saw of vijay was ghilly and that was back in 2005 with two of my little patrners adhitya and athanu.well that film was good and  fast paced commercial cinema and with that i went and caught  thuppaki.HMMM,well vijay looks good and carries the film on his strong shoulders and the direction was okay but that
is it.I dont understand this obsession about heroines who can't talk tamil or emote even an iota.That about sums up my  thoughts on kajal agarwaal's perfomances in this film and all her other films.All that hype about the villain ended up in loud screams and  blood curdling yells from the speakers when he comes on the screen and finally i wanted to scream at the top of my  voice on what the hype was all about.He looks tough,walks funny and fights vijay like the stunt master told him too.he is never made to show his body or those martial arts skills he has and in the end no one will remember him but for vijay.from the start to the end it is vijay and only vijay and you should hear the scream which young kids,teenage girls yell out each time he comes on screen.

I like vijay for the maya he brings on screen.he promises great dancing which he has stopped delivering and he promises great stunts which he sometimes delivers and he dosen't promise anything more and we are happy with that.I wish he could use the same dance director that surya has been using for the past few movies.well in a nut shell it is a decent film,time pass and delivers what it promised and am happy that there is no twist in the tale.

Jab tak hai jaan

Wow,my eyes were glued to katrina kaif and literally popped out at the ishq shava dance scene.wow she looks like a goddess,dances like a goddess and sadly acts like a goddess but that which has been carved of stone.

Yash chopra's films are a visual treat and jab tak hai jaan does not dissapoint you.I liked the scenes with the himalayan mountains as the back drop and was totally screwed up about those bomb defusing scenes stolen from the hurt locker.sad,really sad.The film was a mixture of a mega serial,melo drama,mtv visuals and some documentary feel thrown into it.well it works and has worked at the box-office.thats it for i dont know what else to write about this film.

shah rukh kahn can do these roles in his sleep and all he has to do is to have that lop sided grin which he has been sporting from his first film and me thinks that the expression is permanently stuck or has he suffered a stroke.But soemtimes one gets a glimpse of his acting skills in those army scenes with ths chak de look and we want more but sadly the lop sided grin comes back with those loving intense eyes or maybe he just needs new lenses or a new direction towards acting.where is that risk taker of baazigar,where is that psycho from darr.Am i right in wanting more from actors and directors,you bet i do,we all do.Otherwise this whole country is going to sink into average this and average that.

Thank god for naan-e,thank god for barfi,thank god for oh my god cos the maya is still there and great directors and great cinemas are still coming althought it is a trickle.well until those rare moments let me go download and watch,HEOMLAND SEASON 2.Let me loose myself in GRIMM 2,let me enjoy silly and scary moments from supernatural and laugh my guts out with ashton and jon cryer in Two and a half men.long live illusion,long live maya.

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 2:44am | IP Logged
                       Female Relationships - Interesting Read

They Teach It at Stanford

In an evening class at Stanford the last lecture was on the mind-body connection - the relationship between stress and disease. The speaker (head of psychiatry at Stanford) said, among other things, that one of the best things that a man could do for his health is to be married to a woman whereas for a woman, one of the best things she could do for her health was to nurture her relationships with her girlfriends. At first everyone laughed, but he was serious. Women connect with each other differently and provide support systems that help each other to deal with stress and difficult life experiences. Physically this quality "girlfriend time" helps us to create more serotonin - a neurotransmitter that helps combat depression and can create a general feeling of well being. Women share feelings whereas men often form relationships around activities. They rarely sit down with a buddy and talk about how they feel about certain things or how their personal lives are going. Jobs? Yes. Sports? Yes. Cars? Yes. Fishing, hunting, golf? Yes. But their feelings? Rarely.
>
> Women do it all of the time. We share from our souls with our sisters/mothers, and evidently that is very good for our health. He said that spending time with a friend is just as important to our general health as jogging or working out at a gym. There's a tendency to think that when we are "exercising" we are doing something good for our bodies, but when we are hanging out with friends, we are wasting our time and should be more productively engaged-not true. In fact, he said that failure to create and maintain quality personal relationships with other humans is as dangerous to our physical health as smoking! So every time you hang out with a gal pal, just pat yourself on the back and congratulate yourself for doing something good for your health! We are indeed very, very lucky.

> Sooo... let's toast to our friendship with our girlfriends.
> Evidently it's very good for our health. Forward this to all your girlfriends - and stay in touch!

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 07 December 2012 at 8:18pm | IP Logged
Forget not that the earth delights to feel your bare feet and the winds long to play with your hair.'

Khalil Gibran

Post Reply New Post

Go to top