**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 191)

Post Reply New Post

Page 191 of 201

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 12:33am | IP Logged
Festival of lights,sweets and new clothes

Growing up,from the years 1973 to 1982 if my memory serves me right Diwali or deepavali as the festival of lights is called was a big affair in our house.No low key preparations but my aunt went the whole way.Those days as akin to most of you and the rest of the families we got new clothes for three ocassions.starting with diwali,pongal and one's birthday and which ever order it came first.But diwali took the cake,what with all the crackers and sweets.

A month before diwali came around,a sunday we were all herded into the ambassador and we were nearly a dozen of us and off we went to t.nagar.Now this place we went to was frequented by my people much before i came to madras as chennai was called those days.Anyway i was just a mute spectator as were kost of my cousins and this place was kailash emporium.It stood opposite to the old rajakumari theater and i am not sure if it still exists for the theater is long gone.Those were days when one could bravely plan and go to T.NAGAR and come back on time which one can surely not do today.So me and cousin brother pradeep my aunts son and if any of the poorer cousins had come from bangalore than them included we got measured and that was that and end of the matter.Now come diwali and for many diwali's after that we all used to turn out in uniform colors and i sometime wondered if some of us were twins or quadruplets.

Well the atrocious shirts which ramarajan would be proud of adorned us and yet that was just okay for diwali meant sweets and most importantly we got to go see a movie on the first day.It was mostly done in the afternoon for we had to burst crackers later in the evening.The culmination of the diwali day would be my late uncle lighting 1000 wala with his cigarette and wow he would do it with a flair and style which even the superstar would envy.
Next day at school me and my classmates would tell tales and lies about the crackers we burst and i always told the tallest tales.

Nowadays many decades later diwali does not hold or pose any fun or joy anymore.I mostly just go to the temple and park my car safely away from the road for fear that it might catch fire.2012 is very different from the 1970's for one did not know about noise and smoke pollution,one was unaware of global warming and so many other evils which seem to swamp us today.Those days we would fight over the loudest crackers and today when someone bursts a cracker, all i hear are expletives coming loudly from my gob.Oh the world has changed as one ages.

I stand in the balcony and my memories bring back my late grandma who used to hunt us down and cover is in oil and then scald us with boiling water.I am not sure if we had a heater those days but we had those copper boilers behind the house which used to run on coal.of the youngest lot i was the oldest so i always came last and i used to fight from screaming when those mugs of hot water came pouring down and there were many a times when i wanted to pour hot coal over my grandma.But luckily it never happened.well from the second floor of my building i will stand and watch and smile gently thinking back on those younger days of sweets,crackers,oil and hot water.Well at least now i have got a heater in the house and maybe just maybe tomorrow i might oil my head and stand under the scalding water and let those years of memories rain down on me.I wish you all and your families a happy and safe diwali.Be well.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

kalki2007nithyamkv

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 191)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

spain

spain

Posted: 12 November 2012 at 11:32am | IP Logged
The nicest place to live in this world is in someone's thoughts.
The safest place to live in this world is in someone's prayers.
God bless and wish you & ur family a very nice, safe and Happy Diwali!

Happy Diwali Scraps, Glitter Graphics, cards

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

s.satishkumar

kalki2007

Coolbie

kalki2007

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 7:25am | IP Logged

Hi Satish

Wishing you and your family Happy Diwali

It is different from old days that's 100% true
people busy with so many things and priorities change too

s.satishkumar

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 6:29pm | IP Logged
One evening, a young woman came home from a date, rather sad. She told her mother, "Anthony proposed to me an hour ago." "Then why are you so sad?" her mother asked.

"Because he also told me he is an atheist. Mom, he doesn't even believe
there's a Devil." Her mother replied, "Marry him anyway. Between the two of us, we'll show him just how wrong he is."

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 13 November 2012 at 6:35pm | IP Logged
               Why Did the Chicken Cross the Road?

GEORGE W. BUSH

We don't really care why the chicken crossed the road. We just want to know if the chicken is on our side of the road or not. The chicken is either with us or it is against us. There is no middle ground here.

ERNEST HEMINGWAY

To die. In the rain. Alone.

MARTIN LUTHER KING, JR.

I envision a world where all chickens will be free to cross roads without having their motives called into question.

GRANDPA

In my day, we didn't ask why the chicken crossed the road. Someone told us that the chicken crossed the road, and that was good enough for us.

OHN LENNON

Imagine all the chickens crossing roads in peace.

ARISTOTLE

It is the nature of chickens to cross the road.

KARL MARX

It was an historical inevitability.

VOLTAIRE

I may not agree with what the chicken did, but I will defend to the death its right to do it.

SIGMUND FREUD

The fact that you are at all concerned that the chicken crossed the road reveals your underlying sexual insecurity.

BILL GATES

I have just released eChicken 2003, which will not only cross roads, but also will lay eggs, file your important documents, and balance your checkbook - and Internet Explorer is an inextricable part of eChicken.

ALBERT EINSTEIN

Did the chicken really cross the road or did the road move beneath the chicken?

BILL CLINTON

I did not cross the road with THAT chicken. What do you mean by chicken? Could you define chicken, please?

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 2:48pm | IP Logged

It's no mystery why weed and same-sex marriage were legalised on the same day. Refer to the Bible. Leviticus 20:13 - 'A man who sleeps with another man shall be stoned'.

A witty quote from a friend of mine called alan bartley

spain

spain

Posted: 19 November 2012 at 10:06pm | IP Logged
Hi. I just had to share this...

Some of the funniest reviews I have read about the Diwali release "Jab Tak Hai Jaan"...

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

the worst kissing scene on the history of indian cinema. the worst film also

I was shocked to see SRK kiss on-screen...& hated the idea that Kat was the first actress :(

Just want to say a simple hug of srk-kajol is way more better than 100 of kissing scenes of kat-srk..

I don't wanna watch JTHJ...i hate Katrina. SRK u disappointed me. I always hoped that u would never ever kiss onscreen, cuz i hate when my favorite actors do intimate scenes. Especially SRK. I can't watch it. But this time u DID kiss and that too with Katrina...YUCK!!! i don't wanna watch the movie. I don't care if its acting, i have real respect for certain actors. But when they do scenes like these, i lose that respect for them.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My thoughts on Jab Tak hai Jaan : The Death of "Raj"

Throught the film ,yash chopra says srk is the "man who never dies". I think the "Raj" of srk-yrf is dead in this film.He is killed by the same ppl who once created it.The Raj of yash chopra was known to be the Ram of bollywood.But the Raj here is not someone who used to "respect" women or was a family man. He is a horny pervert and is 20 years too old to do the shit he's been doing in the film. After 20 years in bollywood ,srk may be hated for his romantic roles but atleast they had dignity.This is a sleazefest.There are scenes ( the whole saans song especially)where it looked like just another mahesh bhatt film starring emraan hasmi.I thought rockstar was hornystar but this is atleast 10 steps ahead of that.As i had said earlier too, this was a role for ranbir.I cannot believe Yash chopra okyaed this and what is wrong with srks script sense?

If at all there is a "story" ,then its laughably bad.srk seems to have some curse that he will meet with an accident whenever he is horny lol!
His memory is like a recycle bin. you can retrieve any data as and when you want it. :D I dont want to give more spoilers,watch the film if you can for more funny scenes . ;)
All roles are poorly written and all 3 of the actors are in aweful form. Katrina is terribly exposed in this film.srk has sleepwalked through the film. Anushka was below average but her role is just of a sidekick.The army angle is ridiculous and a pure gimmick to give it some masala. srk said in some interview that this will popularise army? Hahahahahahahahahah

There is only one scene in the climax, a small srk monolugue where i saw glimpses of the srk that we knew.

The film is never ending. The first half is so long that atleast thrice I had decided to walk out in the film. My friend wanted to me walk out just after interval rofl.I told him wait till the climax. I want to know if srk dies or not. :D

and finally ,let me categorically state this This is yash chopra's WORST film in his career without any qualification.and this is not an exaggeration by any means. watch the film for yourself and read this again.

Rating 0/5

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It is hard not to feel upset while watching Jab Tak Hai Jaan, not just because it is the last film directed by the legendary Yash Chopra, but also because the movie borders on cruelty towards us, the paying audience. Packed with characters who all behave well below acceptable human IQ levels, Jab Tak Hai Jaan is a canceled TV soap opera crammed into 3+ hours of banal and lethargic plotting.

But how can an unbeatable formula that had been set in DDLJ possibly go wrong? It probably won't, because it will undoubtedly rake in hundreds of crores of rupees. Because in the land of the blind, the one eyed man is the king. And King Khan in Jab Tak Hai Jaan plays Guy Pearce from The Hurt Locker, shifts into Guy Pearce from Memento, hurls one-liners like Guy Pearce in Lockout, and looks like Guy Pearce in Prometheus. Mostly he plays a guy who gives piercing looks to the ladies on a motorbike to the backdrop of the music from Motorcycle Diaries. That's not to say Shahrukh provides the only unintentional laughs in the film Anushka Sharma's entry itself is funny enough to dislocate your lower jaw muscles the opening shot is the camera lingering on her bum, after which it roves around to her crotch and then firmly affixes itself to her boobs. She then takes a semi naked dive into a lake in Leh, and then screams that the water is too cold. Perhaps she expected centralized heating in Ladakh lakes.

To complete the Bermuda triangle of accidental funniness, there is Katrina Kaif's character, who makes her entry in the 'white white snow, ek laal pari ki tarah', the sight of which makes Shahrukh stretch out his arms towards the sky and slow dance like Winona Ryder in Edward Scissorhands. Katrina's character is goody goody Diana Penty from Cocktail but is secretly Deepika Padukone from Cocktail. Shahrukh falls in love with the latter, and decides to 'free' her Deepika-ness a task that he achieves by bringing her to a nightclub where she suddenly drops all her inhibitions and starts doing a ghanerda favela dance. And just when you think things couldn't get any funnier or more ludicrous, the writers throw in ham fisted characters (Rishi and Neetu Kapoor) who justify women cheating on their loving husbands. And before you know it, Shahrukh fails to diffuse one of the bombs from the script and a macguffin explodes in our face a religious macguffin that involves a girl breaking up with a guy because she'd made a promise to Jesus Christ. Luckily the film wasn't set in Brazil or the Christ the Redeemer statue in Rio would've facepalmed.

The biggest asset of Jab Tak Hai Jaan, apart from Anushka Sharma's legs is Anil Mehta's photography. Rahman's music is a disappointment although 'Challa' is hurled in again and again to keep the audience from flatlining. There is enough material in the film to make doctors, Indian army personnel and London police look stupid, but the most amusing gaffe is Anushka's character referring to herself as the 'makeout breakout generation', the new youth of India. The only agenda of this 'new youth of India' is apparently to sleep around and dump people. Well at least the film makes up for its condescending short sightedness by including a Pakistani character as SRK's London roommate.

But all the flaws could be overlooked had Jab Tak Hai Jaan offered the slightest hint of a decent romance. Sadly it neither caters to the hopelessly romantic nor the aforementioned new youth of India. Shahrukh breaks his rule like Jason Statham in Transporter and kisses a girl for the first time on screen. It doesn't help that he is the most unconvincing kisser in the long, sad history of unconvincing onscreen kissers, but what really sticks out as unromantic is the sex scene where we see a hairy toe rubbing against an immaculately manicured toe.

About as exciting as British food and as romantic as standing without an umbrella at a rainy bus stop in Croydon, Jab Tak Hai Jaan is stuffed with star power without an ounce of logic or heart. The only big takeaway from the movie is Anushka Sharma's character mirroring her own real self, who despite being more talented and charming, is sidelined in an industry that for no reason prefers Katrina Kaif over her.

Meanwhile, I saw "Thuppaki"...Vijay looks charming and stylish...and the movie is a decent tribute to army men compared to "Jab Tak Hai Jaan"...

s.satishkumar

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 21 November 2012 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
                   Grandparent's answering machine

Good morning . . .

At present we are not at home but please Leave your
message after you hear the beep.                       

beeeppp ...

If you are one of our children, dial 1 and then select the option from
1 to 5 in order of "arrival" so we know who it is.

If you need us to stay with the children, press 2

If you want to borrow the car, press 3

If you want us to wash your clothes and ironing, press 4

If you want the grandchildren to sleep here tonight, press 5

If you want us to pick up the kids at school, press 6

If you want us to prepare a meal for Sunday or to have it delivered to
your home,...press 7

If you want to come to eat here, press 8

If you need money,press 9

If you are going to invite us to dinner, or, taking us to the theater ,
start talking we are listening !!!!!!!!!!!"

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post: