**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 190)

Post Reply New Post

Page 190 of 201

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 06 November 2012 at 7:58pm | IP Logged
I spent some time on the beach today morning.The sun was pink like the pinched cheeks of a new born baby.pink like the rouge on an actress's cheek.It hung there on the horizon lazily as if not wanting to wake up and then quickly sobered up and turned red and then white.I left for the pink of the sun a few minutes earlier was now blazing white and i left for not wanting to be burnt pink like the star itself.In those brief moments spent on the shore,i saw a boat leaving the shore for its hunt for fish,i saw dogs frolicking in pure joy,i saw a woman greet the sunrise with a salutation and i also witnessed a man,a son doing the first year rites for his dead mother.life and death,happiness and sadness.so i stood up and brushed the sand away,just as life brushes away the living when the time is up.I stopped to think of the fishermans net hauling in thousands of fishes and wondered in morbidity if a mother fish and her baby fish would be caught together.what will they say to each other and turning my back on life and death on the shore and seas i trudged back home.be well.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 190)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 3:54pm | IP Logged
Nancy Astor was an American socialite who married into the wealthy English family of Astor. She actually was the first woman to be elected to Parliament, which makes her humiliation all the sweeter. She was invited to 1912 a dinner party located in the Churchill estate , but, unfortunately for her, she became extremely annoyed at a drunk and politically incorrect Winston Churchill. Finally, she exclaimed the following: "Winston, if you were my husband, I'd put poison in your coffee." Unaffected by her sudden outburst, Churchill moderately and quickly replied with a great comeback:
"Nancy, if you were my wife I'd drink it."

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 3:59pm | IP Logged
Winston Churchill makes this list again for a third time, proving him to truly be one of the world's wittiest people. Attending a party in London, Churchill once again was drunk and intoxicated. An obviously extremely astute woman from Parliament, like Nancy Astor (the first entry), apparently was irritated by Churchill's mannerisms. When she finally had enough, she came up to him and yelled: "Winston, you're drunk!" He may have been drunk but that apparently didn't affect his cognitive functions as he merely replied:
"You're right Bessie, and you're ugly. But tomorrow morning, I'll be sober."

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 07 November 2012 at 4:01pm | IP Logged
George Bernard Shaw AKA PUNCH PADMANABHAN

George Bernard Shaw was once approached by a seductive young actress who cooed him in his ear:- 'Wouldn't it be wonderful if we got married and had a child with my beauty and your brains?' George Bernard Shaw who was hardly a handsome man replied: 'My dear, that would be wonderful indeed, but what if our child had my beauty and your brains?' The actress w
ho did not need much persuasion just sped off.

George bernard shaw was at a party once and he told this woman that everyone would agree to do anything for money, if the price was high enough. 'Surely not, she said.' 'Oh yes,' he said. 'Well, I wouldn't,' she said. 'Oh yes you would,' he said. 'For instance,' he said, 'would you sleep with me for... for a million pounds?' 'Well,' she said, 'maybe for a million I would, yes.' 'Would you do it for ten shillings?' said Bernard Shaw. 'Certainly not!' said the woman 'What do you take me for? A prostitute?' 'We've established that already,' said Bernard Shaw. 'We're just trying to fix your price now!' "

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 09 November 2012 at 6:34pm | IP Logged
Each day, awakening, are we asked to paint the sky blue? Need we coax the sun to rise or flowers to bloom? Need we teach birds to sing, or children to laugh, or lovers to kiss? No, though we think the world imperfect, it surrounds us each day with its perfections. We are asked only to appreciate them, and to show appreciation by living in peaceful harmony amidst them. The Creator does not ask that we create a perfect world; He asks that we celebrate it.  ~Robert Brault,

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 3:01pm | IP Logged

A big corporation recently hired several cannibals. "You are all part of our team now," said the HR rep during the welcoming briefing. "You get all the usual benefits and you can go to the cafeteria for something to eat, but please don't eat any of the other employees." The cannibals promised they would not.

Four weeks later their boss remarked, "You're all working very hard, and I'm satisfied with you. However, one of our secretaries has disappeared. Do any of you know what happened to her?"

The cannibals all shook their heads no.

After the boss had left, the leader of the cannibals said to the others, "Which one of you idiots ate the secretary?" A hand raised hesitantly, to which the leader of the cannibals continued,

"You fool! For four weeks we've been eating Managers and no one noticed anything, but nooo, you had to go and eat someone they would miss!"

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 3:01pm | IP Logged

A man pacing back and forth glanced at his watch and yelled upstairs to his wife, "Honey, are you ready yet?"

Shouting back, the woman replies, "For crying out loud, Ed, I've been telling you for the last half hour... I'll be ready in a minute!"

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 11 November 2012 at 11:50pm | IP Logged
               A simple and old story and yet rings a bell

A woman baked chapatti (roti) for members of her family and an extra one for a hungry passerby. She kept the extra chapatti on the window sill, for whosoever would take it away. Every day, a hunchback came and took away the chapatti. Instead of expressing gratitude, he muttered the following words as he went his way: "The evil you do remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!" This went on, day after day. Every day, the hunchback came, picked up the chapatti and uttered the words:

"The evil you do, remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!" The woman felt irritated. "Not a word of gratitude," she said to herself… "Everyday this hunchback utters this jingle! What does he mean?" One day, exasperated, she decided to do away with him. "I shall get rid of this hunchback," she said. And what did she do? She added poison to the chapatti she prepared for him!

As she was about to keep it on the window sill, her hands trembled. "What is this I am doing?" she said. Immediately, she threw the chapatti into the fire, prepared another one and kept it on the window sill. As usual, the hunchback came, picked up the chapatti and muttered the words: "The evil you do, remains with you: The good you do, comes back to you!"

The hunchback proceeded on his way, blissfully unaware of the war raging in the mind of the woman. Every day, as the woman placed the chapatti on the window sill, she offered a prayer for her son who had gone to a distant place to seek his fortune. For many months, she had no news of him.. She prayed for his safe return.

That evening, there was a knock on the door. As she opened it, she was surprised to find her son standing in the doorway. He had grown thin and lean. His garments were tattered and torn. He was hungry, starved and weak. As he saw his mother, he said, "Mom, it's a miracle I'm here. While I was but a mile away, I was so famished that I collapsed. I would have died, but just then an old hunchback passed by. I begged of him for a morsel of food, and he was kind enough to give me a whole chapatti. As he gave it to me, he said, "This is what I eat everyday: today, I shall give it to you, for your need is greater than mine!"

" As the mother heard those words, her face turned pale. She leaned against the door for support. She remembered the poisoned chapatti that she had made that morning. Had she not burnt it in the fire, it would have been eaten by her own son, and he would have lost his life!

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

ac_durgaspain

Post Reply New Post

Go to top