**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 141)

Post Reply New Post

Page 141 of 201

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 17 February 2012 at 4:39pm | IP Logged
                                  Tears, Idle Tears

Tears, idle tears, I know not what they mean,
Tears from the depth of some divine despair
Rise in the heart, and gather to the eyes,
In looking on the happy Autumn-fields,
And thinking of the days that are no more.

Fresh as the first beam glittering on a sail,
That brings our friends up from the underworld,
Sad as the last which reddens over one
That sinks with all we love below the verge;
So sad, so fresh, the days that are no more.

Ah, sad and strange as in dark summer dawns
The earliest pipe of half-awakened birds
To dying ears, when unto dying eyes
The casement slowly grows a glimmering square;
So sad, so strange, the days that are no more.

Dear as remembered kisses after death,
And sweet as those by hopeless fancy feigned
On lips that are for others; deep as love,
Deep as first love, and wild with all regret;
O Death in Life, the days that are no more!

Lord Tennyson

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "**From & To Satish **( New Pictures Pl see pg 163) (Page 141)" in Other Topics forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 18 February 2012 at 7:50pm | IP Logged

The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched ,they must be felt with the heart.
                                                                                          Helen Keller

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

rojapoooo

spain

spain

Posted: 19 February 2012 at 12:09am | IP Logged
MORAL DILEMMA

Today I have a bit of a moral and ethical dilemma for you to ponder...

You are driving along in your car on a wild, stormy night...when you pass by a bus stop, and you see three people waiting for the bus:
1. An old lady who looks like she is about to die.
2. An old friend who once saved your life.
3. The perfect partner you have been dreaming about.

Which one would you choose to offer a ride to, knowing that there could be only one passenger in your car?

Think before you continue reading...

This is a moral/ ethical dilemma that was once used as part of a job application.
You could pick up the old lady, because she is going to die, and thus you should save her first;
Or, you could take your old friend because he once saved your life, and this would be the perfect chance to pay him back. However, you may never be able to find your perfect mate again.

The candidate who was hired (out of 200 applicants) had no trouble coming up with his answer.
He simply answered:
"I would give the car keys to my old friend and let him take the lady to the hospital. I would stay behind and wait for the bus with the partner of my dreams."

Sometimes, we gain more if we are able to give up our stubborn thought limitations.

Never forget to "Think Outside of the Box" - the mind is truly a powerful thing!

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

s.satishkumarrojapooooeclat

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
There are many ways to define our fragile existence, many ways to give them meaning. But it is our memories that shapes its purpose and give it context. The private collection of images, fears, loves, regrets… we choose the important of each. Building our own unique histories, one memory at a time. Hoping the ones we choose to remember don't betray us or trap us. Forces the cruel irony of life that we are destiny to hold the dark with the light, the good with the evil. This is what separates us, what make us human. And at the end, we must fight to hold on.

ac_durga

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 21 February 2012 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
We are all connected. Joined together by an invisible thread, infinite in its potential and fragile in its design. Yet while connected, we are also merely individuals. Empty vessels to be filled with infinite possibilities. An assortment of thoughts, beliefs. A collection of disjointed memories and experiences. Can I be me without this? Can you be you? And if this invisible thread that holds us together were to sever, to cease, what then? What would become of billions of lone, disconnected souls? Therein lies the great quest of our lives. To find. To connect. To hold on. For when our hearts are pure, and our thoughts in line, we are all truly one. Capable of repairing our fragile world, and creating a universe of infinite possibilities.

ac_durga

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 22 February 2012 at 3:39pm | IP Logged
Generations unfold — father to son, mother to daughter. Where one leaves off, the other follows, destined to repeat each other's mistakes, each other's triumphs. For how do we see the world if not through their lens? The same fears, the same desires? Do we see them as an example to follow, or as a warning of what to avoid? Choosing to live as they have, simply because it's what we know, or driven to create one's own identity? And what happens when we find them to be a disappointment? Can we replace them? Our mothers, our fathers? Or will destiny find a way to drive us back? Back to the familiar comforts of home?

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

rojapooooeclat

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 22 February 2012 at 3:40pm | IP Logged
For every being cursed with self awareness, there remains the unanswerable question, "Who am I?" We struggle to find meaningful connections to one another. We are the caring friend, the loving father, the doting mother, the protected child. We fight and we love in the hope that somehow, together, we can understand our significance in the universe. But in the end, no one can share our burden. Each of us alone, must ask the question, "Who am I? What does it mean to be alive? And in the vast infinity of time, how do I matter?"

rojapooooeclat

s.satishkumar

Goldie

s.satishkumar

Posted: 22 February 2012 at 5:17pm | IP Logged
Hi,

I had the privelege of seeing the film The artist,sorry i had the privelege of witnessing a masterpiece,a painting,awesome creation which taught me that words and dialogues are not needed to convey thoughts or needs.
              As the film begins,you ask yourself,whether you have the patience to watch a black and white film and add to that one without dialogues and one which is set in the 1920's.But from the first scene to the end you remain in a trance as the scene unfolds one after another and too late the end comes flashing.It takes a few minutes for it to sink in that you spent nearly one and a half hours of time without budging and without a moment of boredom.Yes the movie is that good and yes the perfomances of all the actors are that brilliant.maybe this is a trendsetter and it might work well with other films and might not work for a few else.But please see the film and you will realise that a simple story,enacted well is all that is required for a great film.

Now i did put myself through the torture chamber when in some misplaced high expectations i got to see vettai.wow,can there be a more tiring,boring film with all round bad perfomances.I saw the film because it had madhavan in the lead and with the many good perfomances he has delivered but all i saw was a fat actor screaming his lines and who slept through the whole film.It looked as if instead of madhavan his dupe had instead performed in the film and maybe it is true.In fact arya who dosen't promise much did a better job and stole the whole show.Okay two heroes and you have two villains,sorry two zombies who sucked majorly at acting and speaking tamil.god,both those actors who played the role of villains scared me more with their bad acting and bad dialogue delivery than with looks.And their looks,i felt amala paul looked more scary than the villain.and the other actress sameera reddy,lord have mercy on those who saw the film,she can't act,she can't dance,she cannot even say her dialogues and yet she is there in the movie.The songs are boring,the scenes are mediocre and the soundtrack is so bad that you can't even take a nap while in the seat.

Is this the same madhavan who did kannathil muthamittal,thambi,ayutha eluthu,3 idiots,alaipayuthe,guru.sorry dude you sold your soul to the devil called money and lost your name instead which you worked so hard to get in mani rathnam's films.

The sad thing about our mainstream indian cinema is that they are trying to match graphics,locations and grandeur of hollywood cinema and in the process losing the heart and soul of good cinema.If this is  the future of commercial cinema then all hope is lost.But you know what these films are meant for the front benchers,the so called B and c audience.What that means,i don't know and i don't waant to know.

In hollywood you have leading actors like brad pitt,clooney do one or two films and that too with different subjects and something with meaning and relevance and they go to the extent of taking a paycut just to get the film made.But here in india when five or six films are a hit in about 100 releases where does all the money go,where will new film producers come forward bravely to invest in good cinema.

Today we have lead actresses like amala paul,tammanah,trisha who can't act,dance or emote and they get paid crores.wow the definition of a beautiful woman is surely dead.

miganrojapoooo

Post Reply New Post

Go to top