•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Dance India Dance: An inspirational show
Each participant on the show of 'Dance India Dance' has a different story to tell but share similar spirit of dancing. To see physically challenged people like Kamlesh perform on the show is inspirational.
CJ: deepa mishra,  4 Mar 2009   Views:1983   Comments:5
THE MOTIVATING concept of 'Dance India dance' on Zee TV stands it out in countless dance reality show coming up every season. This show may not have TRP pulling charismatic stars but it has intentions of brushing up the raw talents from different corners of India.

Contestants are segregated into groups as Geeta ki gang, Remo ke rasiley and Terence ki toli wherein they are mentored rigorously by Geeta Kapur, Remo D'souza and Terence Lewis respectively to give their best shot on the platform of their lifetime. As of now Remo is leading with all his Rasileys alive in the show.

"At this stage I cannot pick any names for top three as promising performers have also been eliminated in the show earlier like Mandakini Jena and Shubo Das. Thomas Paulson from Geeta's group had to leave the show due to injury. Right now each one is working hard and giving their best so nothing can be predicted," explains Terence.      

Recently Alisha Singh, a contestant who has never worn sandals before 'Dance in dance' happened to her, performed salsa flawlessly. Nonie Sachdev has been performing brilliantly besides her bulky physique. Other contestant Paulson Thomas, though he suffered from back inflammation, pleaded to the supreme judge Mithun for the permission to perform. Mithun refused to give him permission to perform to the cost of his life. It is evident from these facts and incidences that through such shows dancing has now become bigger.

Dance India dance is not the platform where only contestants learn and derive inspiration. In fact to see physically challenged people like Kamlesh performing on the show is inspirational and have also changed the mentor's perception towards life. "I have always wished to die if I ever lose any of my body part in accident but am touched after seeing Kamlesh's performance", said Lewis, mentor on the show. We keep complaining about life but Kamlesh is truly an inspiration for all of us. "Keeping Kamlesh's physical limitations in mind we evaluated him on basis of choreography, posture, energy and expressions and yes he is no less because he is not mentally challenged".

Kamlesh is no more in the show; it would have been an unfair judgment, as it is purely a dance show, which will be evaluated technically for the genres of dances like Indian classical, folk, rumba, salsa or Bollywood.

Growing popularity of the show signifies the success of the organisers' attempt to teach India all forms of dance beyond typical Bollywood dance.