Harry Potter

sum facts-check hw much u noe!!

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

niki_09

Goldie

niki_09

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 4:13am | IP Logged
Prefects can take points; Ron got it wrong in Order of the Phoenix, which makes him a pretty poor prefect, eh?
~Fred and George Weasley were born on April Fools' day (no joke).
~Ginny Weasley's first name is Ginevra, and she is the first female Weasley born for "several generations," says JKR.
~Arthur Weasley has two brothers.

Molly Weasley's maiden name is Prewett.

Crookshanks is half Kneazle.

The infamous Weasley cousin who was cut from the books was named Mafalda. She was in Slytherin.

Dean Thomas's father was killed by Death Eaters when he refused to join them. Neither Dean nor his mother know.

Dean Thomas was named Gary in the first drafts of the Philosopher's Stone.

Hagrid, Lily, and James were in Gryffindor. (Hagrid was NOT in Hufflepuff.)

Hogwarts has about a thousand students. (True, that number doesn't seem right, but J.K.R. said so, and she's the boss.)

James Potter was a Chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch team (although the movie claimed he was a Seeker).

Hermione's birthday is September 19th; Ron's is March 1st.

James Potter inherited lots of money and didn't need a well-paying profession.

James Potter inherited the Invisibility Cloak from his father.( I ALREADY KNEW IT)

Witches and wizards have longer life-spans than Muggles.

The Gringotts' goblins return the Muggle money they acquire back into circulation.

The approximate value of a Galleon is about five pounds ($7.30 or 8.00 Euro), though the exchange rate varies.

Dumbledore is 150, McGonagall is 70 (and is really an old softy; she just doesn't act like it), Snape is 35 or 36.

Hogwarts' school motto, "Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus," means, "Never tickle a sleeping dragon."

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "sum facts-check hw much u noe!!" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

missindia26

IF-Rockerz

missindia26

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 9:22am | IP Logged
hm interesting :)
I didnt know about molly's maiden name, ron and hermione's birthdays, or the value of a galleon!

sareeta

IF-Sizzlerz

sareeta

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 10:07am | IP Logged
Very Very Interesting! Thank you for the post! Have to admit, I didnt know most of them except for the invisibility cloak bit! Smile

These little facts make re-reads of the books all the more interesting!

-Divyaa-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Divyaa-

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 10:47am | IP Logged
i did know most of them ,very interesting facts ,i did not know ron and hermione's birthday or about galleons and snape lols he is 35 he looks like 50.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 5:40pm | IP Logged
Thanks so much for the info Niki!

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 8:20pm | IP Logged
Hey thanx a lot for these....didn't know about many of them! Ron and Hermione's birthdays was the only bit I knew:P

Dilsha

IF-Rockerz

Dilsha

Posted: 20 April 2009 at 5:52am | IP Logged
i knew most of them except the last one.thanks for the info

legallyzoya

Goldie

legallyzoya

Posted: 21 April 2009 at 2:52am | IP Logged
prof Dumbledore looks young !
not a bit like 150
maybe 100..:p