sum facts-check hw much u noe!!

•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 14 years ago
Prefects can take points; Ron got it wrong in Order of the Phoenix, which makes him a pretty poor prefect, eh?
~Fred and George Weasley were born on April Fools' day (no joke).
~Ginny Weasley's first name is Ginevra, and she is the first female Weasley born for "several generations," says JKR.
~Arthur Weasley has two brothers.

Molly Weasley's maiden name is Prewett.

Crookshanks is half Kneazle.

The infamous Weasley cousin who was cut from the books was named Mafalda. She was in Slytherin.

Dean Thomas's father was killed by Death Eaters when he refused to join them. Neither Dean nor his mother know.

Dean Thomas was named Gary in the first drafts of the Philosopher's Stone.

Hagrid, Lily, and James were in Gryffindor. (Hagrid was NOT in Hufflepuff.)

Hogwarts has about a thousand students. (True, that number doesn't seem right, but J.K.R. said so, and she's the boss.)

James Potter was a Chaser on the Gryffindor Quidditch team (although the movie claimed he was a Seeker).

Hermione's birthday is September 19th; Ron's is March 1st.

James Potter inherited lots of money and didn't need a well-paying profession.

James Potter inherited the Invisibility Cloak from his father.( I ALREADY KNEW IT)

Witches and wizards have longer life-spans than Muggles.

The Gringotts' goblins return the Muggle money they acquire back into circulation.

The approximate value of a Galleon is about five pounds ($7.30 or 8.00 Euro), though the exchange rate varies.

Dumbledore is 150, McGonagall is 70 (and is really an old softy; she just doesn't act like it), Snape is 35 or 36.

Hogwarts' school motto, "Draco Dormiens Nunquam Titillandus," means, "Never tickle a sleeping dragon."

hm interesting :)
I didnt know about molly's maiden name, ron and hermione's birthdays, or the value of a galleon!
Very Very Interesting! Thank you for the post! Have to admit, I didnt know most of them except for the invisibility cloak bit! 😊

These little facts make re-reads of the books all the more interesting!
i did know most of them ,very interesting facts ,i did not know ron and hermione's birthday or about galleons and snape lols he is 35 he looks like 50.
Thanks so much for the info Niki!
Hey thanx a lot for these....didn't know about many of them! Ron and Hermione's birthdays was the only bit I knew:P
i knew most of them except the last one.thanks for the info
prof Dumbledore looks young !
not a bit like 150
maybe 100..:p