Hard Day for Both last yr's Champs

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

FollowYourHeart

IF-Sizzlerz

FollowYourHeart

Posted: 18 April 2009 at 12:18pm | IP Logged
oh man wat an eventfulll day...and wat a reality check for both d last yr champs RR and CSK...i still cant belive RR lost this badlyyyyy LOLLOL...though am a hardcore RR support as my hometown itself is the Pinky CityBlushing...but am kinda glad dey lost today's match..it wld mean complascency wnt set in them and Warnie wld again be on his toes and wld again take out alll d cards he posesses in fulll vigour...though am sitll laughing at their dismal batting i mean dey just felll like a stack of cardsssss..wen i was watching their bawlling i was pretty confident they wld win it but guess it wasnt their pie...welll as long as dey learn a lesson form dis am cool wid it...

as for RC oh man i wana go hug Rahullllllll he played superblyyyyyyy today absolutely superbly and dunt u all think guys deres a definate change in their attitude and body languagee? i mean wen dey came in the filed to ball today u cld feel the fire the passion the urge to win...like last yr u cld just see daat dey demselves had accepted defeat dis itme toh they were allll up for the challenge right form the word goooooooClapClap

and am happppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppy that MI wonnnnnnnnnnnnDancingcoz Sachin is goooooooooooooodBlushingBlushing and am really reallly happpy that he was d one who played d major role ot make MI wonBlushing

so it was dismal day for both CSK and RR but in a way its a blesisng in disguise i mean usually players r over confidentt specially when they r coming from the two best teams of last season...so maybe after this dey wld work little more harder....

lets hope for the bestttttttttttBig smile...but am sitlll bowllled over by Warnieee man RR bowllled superblyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy superbly superly superbly...it as definatly their game...and dey had to give it away to RC..which is exactly wat dey ended up doinggg..LOL

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Hard Day for Both last yr's Champs" in DLF IPL 2011 Season forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 18 April 2009 at 12:35pm | IP Logged

Yeah today was a shocker for me since last year's runner ups and defending champions lost..... but this in a way is good, b/c they will not be over-confident and will come back strongly. 

But Kudos to Sachin and Dravid for their batting...... they both did well.... as well as the bowlers, esp. Anil kumble.......and everyone did well...... congratz MI and RBC

Ipshitaa

Goldie

Ipshitaa

Posted: 18 April 2009 at 5:26pm | IP Logged
yes....RR need some depth in their batting line up...apart from Graeme Smith they have no other dependable batsmen...I thought Tyron Henderson would be good...but he looked totally lost with his bat today...
On the contrary, they performed reasonably well with the ball today....didn't quite miss Watson and Tanveer.Dravid and Pieterson performed brilliantly and were a treat to watch.

Also Chennai Superkings missed their usual spark today...I was wondering why they left out Nitini in this game...hez a crucial bowler for them.MI's game was far more superior today.

Edited by ippusays - 18 April 2009 at 5:27pm

~sujal_kashish~

~sujal_kashish~

Posted: 18 April 2009 at 8:09pm | IP Logged
Definitely agreed! Rajasthan Royals could do with some greater batting depth, and they are certainly missing Sohail Tanvir this time round. And although I was genuinely awed and impressed by Rajasthan last year, I must admit I thought they did have a bit of luck going too, which helped them gain the momentum and then make winning an habit. I hope they find their luck this time too!

Coming to Chennai Super Kings, they are an unbelievably strong team on paper, Matthew Hayden, Dhoni, Andrew Flintoff, Raina, Jacob Oram. But I guess they do also have to click together as a unit during play itself. And of course, add to this the great uncertainty the game of cricket embodies  - you absolutely never know what can happen on a given day.

I am really getting excited for this competition now and am in full support of Mumbai Indians! But the important thing I guess is that this tournament is so long, its definitely too early to pick any sort of favorites etc. I mean each team has like 14 games ahead, and that is a very long testing time. Luck probably won't carry them that far, and it will be a true test of dependable, consistent talent and hardwork.  

Mrs.Brett Lee

IF-Rockerz

Mrs.Brett Lee

-

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 12:30am | IP Logged
SmritiiiiiiiiiiiiHugHugHugWe always see ourself talk abt IPL..Remember the last time..wen we used to talk abt the IPL matches..n u were supporting RR tht time also..LOLWink...

Nice to see u out here..WinkWink..and I ws soooo happy my both the favourite cricketers were the Man Of the match for both the matchesEmbarrassed....Sachin is God..!!N Rahul Dravid showed his class today..!!I am all in for underdogs..lyk last time RR were the underdogs..so hopefully dis time it will be d same..TongueTongue..Dhoni and Hayden played well to sum extent..but Whr d hell ws Albie Morkel???First of all he is a gr8 T-20 player and second he belongs to SOuth Africa onli..so y wsnt he played ??Confused and Mumbai Indians played well..Hands down..Dey really deserved to winClapClap..Great job by Sachin and Abhisehk Nair...

About the RR and RC matches...Rc won wid a class..I mean RR were out fr 59..!!!tht ws sum task..Anil Kumble..ws too gud..Today all the lengends proved deir class ClapClapClap..Oder dan Dmitri who ws exceptional at the bowling department the batting line ws really weak..Hope 2 c dem rise again in the next match..I luv Dravid..!!N Peterson..!!I am sort of routing for RC in the semis..Embarrassed

nightangel

IF-Sizzlerz

nightangel

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 1:32am | IP Logged
yup....CSK is runner up last yrs.. but d most unbelievable result  came on second match.. never dhink RR gonna collapsed like dhis way....Ouch

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 3:55pm | IP Logged
It was a shocked RR and CSK lost yesterday...but they will come back very strong...Thumbs Up

xChandnix

IF-Sizzlerz

xChandnix

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 6:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by meli

It was a shocked RR and CSK lost yesterday...but they will come back very strong...Thumbs Up

Agreed! =)
btw i think Sachin played etxtremly welll =)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top