Debate Mansion

   

Child Labour (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 3 Page 3

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Joined: 09 August 2008

Posts: 1720

Posted: 05 June 2009 at 4:54am | IP Logged

even if parents R poor its their responsibility to look after their children & not the other way round . But yes often it becomes inevitable for the child to work in order to ensure his own survival as parents may not be available or may not be in a position to look after their needs. so banning child labour is not the solution.

same goes for  employment of kids for domestic work. The govt does not allow children below 14 to work as domestic servants but I think in most cases these kids are better off in these homes as compared to their own.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Child Labour (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Joined: 30 November 2007

Posts: 5150

Posted: 05 June 2009 at 5:06am | IP Logged
Originally posted by crazy_sunny

even if parents R poor its their responsibility to look after their children & not the other way round . But yes often it becomes inevitable for the child to work in order to ensure his own survival as parents may not be available or may not be in a position to look after their needs. so banning child labour is not the solution.

same goes for  employment of kids for domestic work. The govt does not allow children below 14 to work as domestic servants but I think in most cases these kids are better off in these homes as compared to their own.


still the parents work it's not like only the children are working and the parents stay at home without doing nothing and waiting for the children to give them money.  it's not like the parents want their children to work. don't you think that the parents would also want to send their kids to school and have any other normal life like other kids and actually be able to support them without their kids having have to worry about financial problems. unless the parents are selfish enough to think the other way around though.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008

Posts: 9888

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 2:19am | IP Logged

The fact is not all children are lucky to enjoy their childhood. But is banning child labour the solution ? Though I must add that it does take care of exploitation of the kids to some extent.

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Joined: 30 November 2007

Posts: 5150

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 5:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

The fact is not all children are lucky to enjoy their childhood. But is banning child labour the solution ? Though I must add that it does take care of exploitation of the kids to some extent.



i don't think that banning child labor is the solution. i think that the government should develop the economy and education system to be able to educate the children and open more working opportunities to other people.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008

Posts: 9888

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 9:57am | IP Logged
yes rongna, & also take concrete steps to control its ever exploding population. The varios schemes of  devp just cant keep pace with it

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Joined: 30 November 2007

Posts: 5150

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 10:57pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

yes rongna, & also take concrete steps to control its ever exploding population. The varios schemes of  devp just cant keep pace with it


what do you suggest the government do to keep the population in tact??

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008

Posts: 9888

Posted: 07 June 2009 at 12:40am | IP Logged
For once the govt can turn truly secular & make some disincentive policies too along with incentives to control its rapid population growth in the country

NaughtySon

Senior Member

NaughtySon

Joined: 30 May 2009

Posts: 214

Posted: 08 June 2009 at 12:31am | IP Logged
We cannot blame the producers alone for child labour. A lot of people are responsible for that.
 
Even we are responsible if we see an instance of child labour and do nothgin about it.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Topic Starter Replies Views Last Post
Child Artists:Exploited or blessed.... The_Other_Woman 9 2209 18 October 2009 at 7:49pm
By Summer3
Yellow Journalism of Media towards Child Murders. trustt 2 1432 12 February 2009 at 12:54pm
By trustt
Child Protection should be stronger? Cute_Tulip 8 608 08 February 2009 at 4:11pm
By return_to_hades
Is Child Labour GOOD or BAD? Gur.N.cool 4 5790 16 December 2008 at 2:42pm
By Gur.N.cool
China's one child policy

2 3 4

mittijalebi 27 1812 25 June 2008 at 7:06pm
By Meena_A

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category

Active Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Limit search to this Forum only.

 

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.