Page 1 of 3

Page 1
Page   of 3
Page 2 Page 3

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 18 April 2009 at 10:22am | IP Logged

Just chek the excerpts from featured link  http://rajanshahi.india-forums.com/2009/04/41-and-heres-welcoming-mr-ravi-rai.htm  given at the top of our DM index page ! Whats your opinion regarding child labour ? 
 Do you think only the producers and TV channels are responsible for Child labor, Mr. Minister?  - Mr. Ravi Rai

excerpts : So, child labor is a new face. A new issue. And that's refreshing. That's the topic that is disturbing and I want to write about.

But I think, more than the Channels and the producers, doesn't the law say that it must penalize and reprimand the parents who are eager to push their children into this business of gloss, shimmer, fame and money at any cost? Whether television, films or advertising, these parents are so keen just to have the glimpse of their child on the display and flaunt themselves and parade the child to the relatives and friends. They are just fanatic about it. I am a producer myself and I know the kind of stress and anxiety my office has to take from these parents of these children. Mr. Minister, you should just once come to the auditions and sit there for a while. You cannot scale the desire and dream of these parents for their children to act. They can give away their right arm neatly wrapped and packed up to you like a birthday gift if you just promise them a glimpse of their child on the medium. Mr. Minister, you'll realize that the casting couch pressures would seem like a pilgrimage as compared to the pressures of these parents. One set of parents have horrified my life. They are almost doing 'Cape fear' on me. Despite telling them that I do not have a children show right now, they still mail to me, call me at my office, my residence and also my cell. And that too at odd hours. How do you deal with that? Does law take any actions on their movements? How does any labor law curb their animated excitement?

Isn't it the duty of the parents to ensure the education of their children? I think each parent deserves to do that and should do that. As a parent, I don't force my children or allow them to work as a child artist. And even if they want to, I shall myself put a fence to the clock. It is in my own hands. If I put my foot down and tell the channel that these are the timings and the schedules, they will have to abide by it. No one forces anyone to give in and neither are the channels forcing themselves into their private territory. It is no kind of a rape that the channels and the producers are being accused of. If the parents are making their child overwork then law has to take a course on them. I am sure the labour law does not pertain only to children. What about the adults who work more than 8 hours and more than 12 hours. It's stressing, unhealthy, and the intake of drugs and caffeine to keep them stirring and energetic. It unquestionably invites strain, nervous tension, anxiety, heart diseases and breakdowns. Aren't adults also a cause of concern? You must be having people around you who work round the clock and it's time to ponder on that as well as a labor minister

Now well one would debate and say that it is for money they work. Right.. But then why not ban the child labor completely? Why have an elasticity to the whole issue?

Edited by angie.4u - 20 April 2009 at 3:49am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Child Labour" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 21 April 2009 at 4:19am | IP Logged
oh there already seems to B a discussion going on about this topic elsewhere in the forum in lobal announcement section   http://www.india-forums.com/forum_posts.asp?TID=1165376 Most ppl seem to B of the opinion that though child artists get lot of opportunities to early fame on the TV , education need not B neglected & a pvt tutor shud B kept on the sets .
But is it possible for the children to study after their long hrs ( upto 20 hrs at times as per some actors) Besides working at odd & long hrs, the safety & security is at risk too ! There have been reports of child artists being hurt on the sets while shooting & needed to B hospitalised !

Edited by angie.4u - 21 April 2009 at 7:33am

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 01 May 2009 at 10:10am | IP Logged
The parents are more responsible for pushing child into this situation. Even in case of domestic child labour etc banning it is not the solution as it may be the only means of income for the child

Simi939

IF-Sizzlerz

Simi939

Posted: 02 May 2009 at 3:33am | IP Logged
in case of child tv. artists, i dnt think its of ny harm as long as deir study aint effected... n i dnt think dat d studies r really affected...cuz d schedule n d scenario r much designed keepin in mind d high level of education needs for a child....

if xamples r to b taken...den iccha of uttaran is a 3rd grade skul student...inspite of hvin a lead role n such buzy shooting hrs....she manages 2 cum at d top rank in her xaminations.... infact hansika motwani too was a topper in her class...inspite of managing acting n studies simultaneously...

so its totally dependable... we cnt drag out a solution keepin in mind 1 thng... cuz it effects every child in sum diff. aspects!

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 02 May 2009 at 10:40am | IP Logged
Studies definitely get affected as the child is not able to attend regular classes, works long & odd hours esp if doing the main role in a daily soap. Health also gets affected. innocence of childhood is somewhat lost. But there R compensation for all this in terms of money & fame. But its still child labour !

premsONLYmine

Goldie

premsONLYmine

Posted: 24 May 2009 at 6:40am | IP Logged
eveyone gets child labour money in it??? how about if your parents work what happens then

casper2

Goldie

casper2

Posted: 25 May 2009 at 4:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by premsONLYmine

eveyone gets child labour money in it??? how about if your parents work what happens then
What exactly are u trying to say ? Confused Confused 
Its the norm that parents work , isnt it?  Theres no law forbidding the parents to work. They are expected to work but not the children. There is a law banning child labour .

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 04 June 2009 at 9:17am | IP Logged
what about if the parents are so poor that the child labors are needed to support the family to survive?? the parents in this kind of situation might not want their children to work or have to work, but they have no choice regarding this. it's either the children help them in their financial sector otherwise they won't be able to survive.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top