Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 4

Page 1
Page   of 4
Page 2 Page 4

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 18 April 2009 at 9:56am | IP Logged

Sorry if this topic was started already, feel free to close if a similar topic already exists.

Do you read the last page of a novel first before you start reading?

I know that some peole need to know how a book's going to end before they even start it.  Personally, I can't do that. It ruins the entire experience of the novel for me, if i already know how it ends. Thats why I try to read books, before I see their movie versions, becasue I don't like to ruin the experience. Smile

The following 4 member(s) liked the above post:

chan.barbieammygurlAnhdara13trina_gautam

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Do you read the last page first?" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

whatsername

Goldie

whatsername

Posted: 18 April 2009 at 10:00am | IP Logged
NEVER EVER !!!

Mrs.MuffinSobti

IF-Veteran Member

Mrs.MuffinSobti

IPKKND 3rd Banner Contest Winner

Posted: 18 April 2009 at 3:49pm | IP Logged
I try not too :) But sometimes I take quick sneak peeks, haha. But I really don't like to incase something I don't like happens. If thats the case, I end up reading the whole book negatively and that really does ruin the experience.

trina_gautam

IF-Stunnerz

trina_gautam

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 11:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by shellytt

Sorry if this topic was started already, feel free to close if a similar topic already exists.

Do you read the last page of a novel first before you start reading?

I know that some peole need to know how a book's going to end before they even start it.  Personally, I can't do that. It ruins the entire experience of the novel for me, if i already know how it ends. Thats why I try to read books, before I see their movie versions, becasue I don't like to ruin the experience. Smile

I agree with you, I dont read the last page because I dont want to ruin the ending for myself.  If I already know the ending, then there is no point in me reading it, it's like fast-forwarding through the last scene or skipping to it in a DVD version of the film.  That kind of reading is not for me.  I can understand some people may be impatient to read it from front to back, but I like it that way.  Nice topic btw. 

I respect the author's intention of writing it, if I find the book interesting then I can afford to wait until the end.  I often read the book before a movie even comes out on it, so then I know the ending but I find it interesting how the movie departs from the book itself, and the liberties the director has taken from th actual text.  Embarrassed

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 8:54pm | IP Logged
OMG I TOTALLY do that! And then I hate myself for having done that...I am not even kidding...I JUST can't resist. And I practically beg people to give me spoilers! HA! LOLDisapprove

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

-dhruvi-DarthVader-

missindia26

IF-Rockerz

missindia26

Posted: 20 April 2009 at 11:09am | IP Logged

I dont because personally I hate it, I feel like it spoils the story Confused

But I am guilty of reading a few chapter ahead...only when i open the book at the wrong page...usually Embarrassed

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 21 April 2009 at 7:16pm | IP Logged
If the ending of a book is disclosed, then there's not much meaning to reading the entire book.  Just like if you already know the ending of a movie, it's particular hard to watch the movie unless it's a masterpiece.

So I totally refrain from doing that.  I don't read the last page first and I hate when others tell me about it against my wishes. 

I love the little surprises that an author plants here and there to attract the readers, some authors have exceptional endings (even if they're not exactly I would want them to be) and so I wouldn't want to ruin the fun of reading by reading the last page first.

-Mahi

-Ami-

IF-Stunnerz

-Ami-

Posted: 22 April 2009 at 9:53pm | IP Logged

I like try really really hard not to. Sometimes I can't help it. But sometimes I just try not to and don't read the last page. I hate the habit thought if I do read the ending first becuase sometimes it ruins it for me. But when I know at times that I might not like the book and I'm just skipping around. I do read the last page then. Or else, if its a good book and I know I'll like it, i try not to read the last page.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top