Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

cutiepie_31

Groupbie

cutiepie_31

Posted: 16 April 2009 at 9:36am | IP Logged
hello everyone.
i'm currently in year 11 and my gcse exams are starting in 26 days.
i still havent really started revising, because i keep getting distracted.
im really stressed now coz everyone else is revising and almost done, and i havent actually done much.

i usually get good grades, and i need to get all A*s in the exams. This will only happen if i revise, but i actually dont know HOW to revise :(

HELP ME PLEASE. i want to do really well; how do i concentrate?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Monika__29

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "EXAM REVISION :(" in Advice Corner forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 16 April 2009 at 9:47am | IP Logged
How do you lose your concentration? I mean is it spending too much time on the computer or watching TV?

The whole point is to keep reminding yourself that you need to do well and just lock yourself in your room and study.

You still have 26 days so that's enough time.  Set up a schedule and strictly follow it.  Don't say that you'll only study and study all day because those schedules are not only hard but impossible to follow.  Set up a schedule so you have like an hour to watch TV, an hour on computer and then 3-4 hours studying.  Take short breaks here and there and go back to study.

If possible, set up a study schedule.  Divide everything into parts... Like if you have to ge 10 chapters done, do it so that it's 2 chapters per day and stick to it, so you're not overburdened in the end, but you also have enough time to study.

Apart from that, you can try and study with friends.  Get them all together and spend a couple hours studying - that sometimes helps if you don't go off tangents.

All the best!

-Mahi

cutiepie_31

Groupbie

cutiepie_31

Posted: 16 April 2009 at 9:53am | IP Logged
well for me its mainly the computer.
and just everything. and im really unproductive
so it takes me an hour to do like...a few pages of notes.
and i have 10 subjects to revise for so i don't really understand how to divide my time:(

i made a study thing for 7 hours a day...but it didnt work.
all my friends are revising a lot and its really scaring me.
yeah i'll try to get my friends to study with me.

thank you so much for your advice :)

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Monika__29

-Mystery-

IF-Veteran Member

-Mystery-

BollyCurry Buzzers

Posted: 16 April 2009 at 9:56am | IP Logged
Originally posted by cutiepie_31

well for me its mainly the computer.
and just everything. and im really unproductive
so it takes me an hour to do like...a few pages of notes.
and i have 10 subjects to revise for so i don't really understand how to divide my time:(

i made a study thing for 7 hours a day...but it didnt work.
all my friends are revising a lot and its really scaring me.
yeah i'll try to get my friends to study with me.

thank you so much for your advice :)

You're most welcome.

If it's mainly the computer, get it locked away.  No, I'm really serious.  Give it to your Mom or sibblings and ask them to keep it and no matter how much you want it, they shouldn't give it to.  When you won't have computer to hop onto, you'll pay more attention to studies.

If it takes you longer, then that's fine, just give it more time and don't be scared.  Positive stress is good but not negative stress and that doesn't help either.  I'm sure you'll do well.

And you're most welcome!

-Mahi

cutiepie_31

Groupbie

cutiepie_31

Posted: 16 April 2009 at 10:02am | IP Logged
haahha i would lock it away, but the thing is that i need it for revision as a lot of my notes are on it.
i think i can disconnect the internet in some way and that would really help me to concentrate.
i'm actually planning to really really really start tomorrow.
properly no procrastination hahaha.
praying that it works :)

thanks mahi.

-Raashi

samiya.

IF-Sizzlerz

samiya.

Posted: 16 April 2009 at 11:22am | IP Logged
OMG man I'm like that..I can't stay off my computer lol and can't stop watching serials but lucky for me SATS are cancelled but we still have end of year exams...but it's important for you as you're in yr 11 n I'm only in yr 9 lol but every year is important so yh try and stay away from the PC...I'm gonna do that too LOL

missynhassy

Groupbie

missynhassy

Posted: 16 April 2009 at 2:27pm | IP Logged
hey im in the UK and m gna b doin GCSE 2 i m in year 10 tho lol
the best way to revise is to write all the notes on a piece of paper and then compress them notes so they are put into small flash cards n then memorise them and remeber when you are putting them in flash cards use ur own words so u understand it more n thta way u can ask family members or freinds 2

cutiepie_31

Groupbie

cutiepie_31

Posted: 16 April 2009 at 11:59pm | IP Logged
oh wow haha good luck with your exams :)
yeah it needs to hit me that its soooon!

i just have so much to learn, and i dont really know where to begin.
past paper questions are just so RANDOM!
i always end up going like hmm when did i learn that?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top