AR *Unexpressed Desires* one shot

Posted: 15 years ago

The cold hand lingered over the rusted iron fence, leaving the golden dust on my nearly lifeless palms. Standing before her house, I decided to kill time as my eyes wandered in search of something catchy. Alas after spending merely moments my mind became impatient.  Dressed in a faded pair of jeans and just a white shirt, I was surprised why I was not cold at all. The autumn leaves barely hung from their tree braches. Ready to fall and glide through the chilly autumn breeze.  Another gush of wind tore past me as the leaves got the final blow to be free from the tree branches. Placing my hands in my pocket I looked up to see the sky and it seemed like nature was also bent on coordinating with my emotions. The loose hung grey clouds seemed as lifeless as ever. The sun was slowly fading away. Knowing that it will rise tomorrow, why did I feel that it was sinking forever… like the wax on a candle after it has burned to a small stump?

The street seemed deserted. The row of houses went on forever as the street faded into the horizon. The sudden click of the door made me realize my existence. Another gush of wind parted its way through me as I saw my life step out of the door. Riddhima gupta, the only most cherished woman in my life. As time came to a standstill for me, Riddhima gupta looked like an eternal beauty to me as always. The frown on her face was very well visible to me.  I breathed in a big gulp of air, as I saw her fumble with the house keys. The red bouquet of roses was visible form under her arm. Dressed in a simple pair of jeans and high heels she couldn't have looked more extraordinary to my pair of eyes. The scarf was tightly wrapped around her throat as she finally managed to zip up her black coat. A smile immediately covered my faces looking at the red roses. She must be coming to see me. My writhing heart suddenly entered a new lease of life.  As soon as her face became clear to me I saw the big grey eyes covered by swollen red skin around them. My heart went out to her as I cursed myself for causing her that pain.

It was only a fight. A small mere argument. As always I lost my self in anger and walked out on her. The poor soul seemed shattered. I didn't even look back. Left her there in the middle of nowhere. The most romantic date that I had planned for her ended in a fight. I won't even deny it. My entire fault. I just overreacted as an insensitive jerk. Always did. Drove like a maniac on the way and didn't even think of talking to her… ever since then, but today I was determined…. Until…

Lost in my chain of thoughts I saw here glide her way past me. Looking up just once, she blanked me like a figment of her imagination. I was like nothing there. Jus another bit of empty space. Her scent made it way through my nose and I was at once lost of all my senses. How she always managed to have the calming effect on me. Coming out of my trance I forced my feet to move. She just walked in front of me. Thousand screams of her name didn't melt her heart and she did not once turn to face me. Alas… I continued to look at her retreating back as she fled further and further away form me. I had stopped in my tracks but something urged me to go on. I could see her pace picking up speed as her hand kept on going up to face. At once I realized she was crying. The churning in the pit of my stomach and the dizziness in my head made me abandon the world around me as I collapsed on the pavement. Riddhima kept walking. Those tears tore my heart. The only woman to ever make Armaan Malik cry was her. The only one who could give me so much pain that I would cry. Gathering up my courage I followed her with weak knees. Stepping onto the park gate my eyes at once searched for her. I knew she would be here. This is where we always came. The far corner of the park and its secluded bench had seen us through so much. The late night picnics, the kisses, the breakups and the patch ups. The bench was almost another important part in our love story.

A smile crept up to my lips as I walked over to Riddhima. She sat on the Bench with the red bunch of flowers placed on the arm of the bench. The bench appeared new to me but alas Riddhima's tear stricken face was all that mattered. "Why Armaan…?" My hand that was reaching to her shoulder stopped in its tracks and the next words trickled form her mouth froze my very existence. "Why Armaan… we had soo much to share yet! It's been 3 whole days since I got the cursed phone call which struck my life as lightning. Did you turn that angry with me that you left me… never to return?" Armaan's hands froze as the events of that night returned. The speed of the car screeched above 120 mph and which was meant to be a glance at the radio station meant that his car crashed right into the oncoming lorry… and then… darkness… screaming silence… fading heartbeat… bluish skin… shortening breaths.. 

Armaan felt his skin fade as his eyes fell on the bench head as his eyes scanned the engravings on it.

In the never fading memory of my only love… Armaan… you will always be my only armaan… only desire... just unexpressed…. Love you more than you ever realized… Riddhima…

Coming back to Riddhima's sobs… armaan heard the voices fade… as he realized the only reality… he was dead.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Hey all… for those who do not know me... I am rav… well since I am not being able to update my regular ff's courtesy of exams… I thought I'll try a one shot… the first time I tried my hands at a one shot… I fell really glum today and then this idea popped into my head and voila…😉 I penned it down… Hehe… not tooo cheery but would love to know your opinion… please tell me how it was… fell free to pm me…

*hugs*

Me….😳

xxx

Yup...??
Exams hai naaa...?? FF's...??
Reserved~*

A  Really well penned down one shot dear.
Just Loved it, but a little sad one though.
He died.

Rohit
Edited by Rohit86 - 15 years ago
OMG GOD RAV !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tht was beautiful, it made me cry
Awww tht was so nicely written
Loved it dear
But why r u glum????? Bad day??????
Love Mini
superb yaar....
write more

Love Reshma
Hey that was an awesome one shot..
lovely but sad..
gr8 job..

Rucha

Originally posted by Rohit86

Yup...??
Exams hai naaa...?? FF's...??
Reserved~*

hehe.. thats' why bhai.. bored so thought of a one shot!! 😆

ly
Originally posted by cool_pisces

OMG GOD RAV !!!!!!!!!!!!!
Tht was beautiful, it made me cry
Awww tht was so nicely written
Loved it dear
But why r u glum????? Bad day??????
Love Mini

oh i don't like the sound of that.. made u cry...😲😲😲... jokin di...😉
hmm glumness... explained in pm...😆

ly
Originally posted by KaSu_Foreva

superb yaar....
write more

Love Reshma

😳😳 cheers reshma..
Originally posted by frnd.of.frndz

Hey that was an awesome one shot..
lovely but sad..
gr8 job..

Rucha

heyya rucha... 😳 aww thnx for liking it hun... 😊

xx
hi rav...i am suvi..i dont think so i have ever read any of ur work till date if i am nt mistaken...ok coming to the point it was fabulous...ur writing was one of its kind...just loved it..n since i loved this so much wanna give a try to another of ur ff..may be the one which is ongoing..plz can u pm me...the link of ur other ff too.....