Page 1 of 2

Page 1
Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 15 April 2009 at 8:48am | IP Logged
http://www.behindwoods.com/tamil-movie-news-1/apr-09-03/mani-ratnam-15-04-09.html

Director Mani Ratnam, who is busy directing his upcoming flick Raavan in the city, suffered a heart attack today. Mani's heart stroke is said to be his second and he is admitted in the Apollo Hospitals after first aid and medical supervision. Following his sudden ailment, the filming of his magnum opus Raavan is stalled until further notice, says sources close to the director.

Strenuous shoots and stress in work are the most
Mani Ratnam
likely reasons for Mani's attack. It is worth mentioning here that the director had been busy lately with the backbreaking schedules of his bilingual Raavan.

OMG....I hope he recovers soon.!!I

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

Vani19netra_rama

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Mani Ratnam suffers heart attack!" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

kadhambari

IF-Rockerz

kadhambari

Posted: 15 April 2009 at 9:37pm | IP Logged
thanx dits for the infos................i heard this is his 2nd attack..........1st during Yuva shooting,i guess.May he recover soon & now Raavan's shooting is postponed till he recovers completely.

Meena.IF

IF-Dazzler

Meena.IF

Posted: 15 April 2009 at 10:34pm | IP Logged
May he get well soon.

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 16 April 2009 at 12:43am | IP Logged
Thanks Dits for the info

Get well soon Mr. MR.

jagdu

IF-Dazzler

jagdu

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 3:27pm | IP Logged
Let's hope the reports get confirmed.
MR is a great dirctor. He jumps into the ocean during the direction of Kannathil Mutthamittal and faces grenades after movies like Bombay. He is the greatest director from the South, and in league with K. Balachander, if one agrees.  Godspeed, bring him recovery!

MP_Radha

IF-Veteran Member

MP_Radha

Posted: 18 April 2009 at 5:17am | IP Logged
OMG........yeah this is his second one...... awwww......Hope he has a speedy recovery........

thank you dits for the news

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 18 April 2009 at 10:21am | IP Logged
Thanks Dis for the info...!

Its his 2nd attack...i hope he will get well soon. he is one of the best director in IndiaThumbs Up

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 10:27am | IP Logged
Talking about Kannathil Muthamittal...the movie's grown on me...I watched the whole movie for the first time Last Monday, and trust me, I couldn't sleep for about 3 days.Its my first tryst with the movie, but I remember it scene by scene so well...he's sketched it just soo well.Every dialogue's ringing in my ears(btw, I watched the Mal dubbed version of it..it took away the originality, but it was easier for me to understand it better!). The movie's now my all time favourite movie of MR, , apart from Iruvar.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top