Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Excesses of reality- now its Rakhi!!

rgupta29 Newbie
rgupta29
rgupta29

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 9:26am | IP Logged
Such is the tragedy of the Indian tv viewer that if u too are fed-up of the reality tamasha happening on the Indian screen , believe me, you are not alone.

Reality shows started with a bang and as they were a welcome relief from the mind numbing saas -bahu serials, they became the flavor instantly. People loved the idea of watching others in real life situations and how they deal with them, enjoying their misery and happiness at the same time.

Its been found of great use , especially in India and the subcontinent where the emotional quotient is quite high. So you are sitting on a goldmine of an audience,if you make something which emotionally charges up people and gets their tear gland working over time.

Then all hell broke loose, and came the era of post-teen, youth based shows in India .at once, obscenity, brutality and self centeredness gained a whole new meaning, diametrically different from the earlier ones and the gang of bachhas ( clueless bunch of 20 somethings ) got the entire nation hooked to it.

This concept is usually explored by channels like 'MTV', 'V', 'Bindass' etc. Currently the only form of this show is 'Splits villa ' in MTV, which itself seems like a spin-off from the immensely successful 'Roadies'.

Though the earlier versions were still bearable ,The current Indian television screen is swarmed by content hardly fit for most audiences .So you have a makeup- disaster- gone- bad Palomi, whining away to glory on a roadies show, while a sadomasochist- of- a- chic hurls the choicest of expletives at the contestants with gr8 fluency in Dadagiri .One show which had me particularly troubled was the latest offering by a certain lady. Rakhi sawant , the actress known for her bold overtures has her "swayamver " in the offing where she plans to "test ride" 15 men( whatever that means!!) ,with rakhi gyrating bootyliciously at them , i wonder how many of the 15 men will actually survive to put up with their uncertain future.Though the fate of the show is still to be sealed, the sensibilities of a huge section of the population have been challenged yet again .Wonder where we'd go from here. .hope we are nearing the end of the dark tunnel…

angelstar2013 IF-Dazzler
angelstar2013
angelstar2013

Posted: 15 April 2009 at 10:57am | IP Logged
nowdays there r soo much reality shows now
and they r losing  charm.Dead
rgupta29 Newbie
rgupta29
rgupta29

Posted: 15 April 2009 at 11:08am | IP Logged
right Goldie... and more than losing charm they are now making our TV Viewing life difficult LOL
angelstar2013 IF-Dazzler
angelstar2013
angelstar2013

Posted: 16 April 2009 at 9:21am | IP Logged
i agree...AngryLOL
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 16 April 2009 at 1:04pm | IP Logged
At least its not a shot at love with Tila Tequila.
RUSmart Senior Member
RUSmart
RUSmart

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 10:42am | IP Logged
Just hope that people do not watch this show and force it to say  goodbye halfway down.
After all good shows NDTV imagine has been airing this show will be an utter failure.
rgupta29 Newbie
rgupta29
rgupta29

Posted: 18 April 2009 at 7:21am | IP Logged
Me too HOPE So.... Clap
apux IF-Rockerz
apux
apux

Posted: 21 April 2009 at 4:32pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by return_to_hades

At least its not a shot at love with Tila Tequila.

Oh god, that show is so horrible!  We all know the real reason why Tila was there...and it wasn't for love.
Rakhi's personality is a bit similar to Tila Tequila.

I always find those celebrity dating shows friggin hilarious.  Most girls or guys on the show aren't really looking for love, but it's amazing that there a few dumb ones that actually think they will find "love" with a celebrity even though it's the 3rd or 4th series (Rock of Love, Flavor of Love, I love New York, etc).

We all thought that reality shows were gonna be a fad....sadly, they have stuck on.  I'm sick of reality shows because they aren't really reality.  But I watch the Real WorldLOL

Let's see if Rakhi can find her boyfriend/husband/slave.   

Go to top