Balika Vadhu

Talking Point Wwith Vibha/Sugna:Article

Post Reply New Post

Page 1 of 1

CeruleanSky

IF-Rockerz

CeruleanSky

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 8:30am | IP Logged

From a teenage bride and then widow in Color's Balika Vadhu to a ghost in Zee's Shree. Isn't that a big risk?
That's another way of putting it. But when Zee approached me for the role, I realised that it's a great opportunity to explore a drastically different form of acting and widen my horizon.

Do you believe in ghosts?
I do, and I get frightened each time I watch a horror show or film. But acting as one is okay especially since I won't be the victim this time.

Tell us a little about your character in Shree.
I'm the ghost that has been haunting the Raghuvanshi family and especially Wasna Ahmed's character, the daughter-in-law. As Kangana, I reveal some long-kept secrets of the Raghuvanshis as Kangana shared her history with them. That's all I can reveal for now but I can assure you that I play a central character after Kangana is introduced on the show sometime next week.

What will you, as Kangana, look like?
I won't be a ghastly ghost but I will inherit my white sari from Balika Vadhu. Dressed in pastels like peaches, pale yellow and white saris, I'll leave my hair open. It's a simple yet effective look.

Your character in Balika Vadhu shot into limelight especially after your on-screen husband, Pratap, died. Isn't it ironical?
I became the centre of everyone's sympathies after that. A couple of neighbours and acquaintances would often come over and tell me that they lost their appetite whenever they tried to have dinner while watching the show. It's strange because it's just a character after all and it hasn't affected me one bit in real life. But I do appreciate the love and the attention, especially coming from the kids.

Balika Vadhu's new entrant is Farida Jalal.
She is a star! She is as jovial in real life as is on the show. With her around, we're always having fun. But the most amazing thing about her is that she doesn't need glycerin to cry whenever the director asks her to shed a few tears she instantly obliges. I want to learn how she does that.

What next would you want to do?
Movies are my next step. I did have a few offers but I opted for Shree before that. I am waiting for the right films as I'd love to do family dramas like Hum Aapke Hain Kaun or Hum Saath Saath Hain.

Source : http://www.indianexpress.com/news/talking-point-with-veebha-anand/446372/2

The following 3 member(s) liked the above post:

MonMadfly2meAreYaar

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Talking Point Wwith Vibha/Sugna:Article" in Balika Vadhu forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Post Reply New Post

Go to top