Debate Mansion

Why are indians obsessed with Fairness? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 31

Page 1
Page   of 31
Page 3 Page 31

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 9:25am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Perfangel5655

I always felt for agespeople have looked at fair skinned people as delicate roses, or from good rich houses, while the automatic assumption for dark skinned people is they might be from poor houses or had a rough upbringing, maybe worked out in the fields and the sun made them dark.
i think that perception is changing, or rather has changed for the good , at least in the kind of environment i live inSmile
In the video they talk about how these days if a fair person and darker person are equally attractive, one would want to take the dark girl to the nearest hotel while he would take the fair girl to meet his mom. Fair girls are always considered innocent, and sweetwhile the darker ones are erotic and sexy. Which I thought is true, people do think that way. They mention Bips in the video. I mean really the scenes Bips does she is considered sexy, not at all sweet or angelic. Katrina Kaif can do the exact same scenes yet she will be considered sweet and angelic. ( I love Kat so no offense to anyone)
hmm....... well i'll give my personal opinion, i didn't find katrina sweet and angelic in "zara zara touch me touch me........."LOL
I don't find anything wrong with wanting to be fair, but discriminating against dark people is very wrong. My dad's side of the family are very fair, and they have always picked on my mother for her dark skin even though she is a beautiful woman masahallah, with good features.
hmm ya discriminating against dark is ofcourse ridiculous. There's nothing wrong in wanting to be fair, its a personal choice, but talking about reasons for being fair.....well they are generally or rather i think always wrong
Also they end up blaming the ad agencies "fair and lovely" and "fair and handsome" for these. Advertisements are only a reflection of our desires, so I don't see a point in blaming them.

yup, but ads do effect or rather just hypes it more. We provide the spark, ads lit up the fire according to me, so they have a part to be blamed, but the main fault ofcourse lies with we, the people

Btw - thanks for sharing views of the videoSmile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why are indians obsessed with Fairness? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 7:37pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 7:45pm | IP Logged
^^ how does it explain that " why indians are obsessed with fairness?"

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 7:52pm | IP Logged

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 7:56pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Rage-Of-Angels

Well who looks more attractive in that pic, the black women or the white one?

Why is everyone obsessed in being tall, being slim, being intelligent, charming? cos it all adds up to the overall package? everyone wants to look good. Hence fairness for some is considered beautiful, and advantage for enhancing beauty. Other find dusky, darker women more attractive. Depends on Individuals. In India the majority of the people are darker skin hence fair skin is beautiful. In UK majority of the gories are fair hence attracted to tan skinned people.

still doesnt answer the question does it?

Xoxo

ya lol, it does tell us about your POV

the_Naked_face

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 8:00pm | IP Logged

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 8:38pm | IP Logged
Colour of a skin hardly matters .Over all personality and  the way  u carry yourself makes a person attractive.
@ ROV...dear this is not fair y u chose that girl for an xample of fair skin ??LOL..not fair competition LOL..definitely Hally berry is looking more attractive  LOL
U should have posted Angelina Jolie's picture as an xample of fair skin LOL

Muqabala baraber ka hona chahiye na..LOL

return_to_hades

IF-Veteran Member

return_to_hades

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 10:18pm | IP Logged
People are like coffee. Real connoisseurs drink it straight up dark. They know the rich vibrant flavors and textures of a deep colored brew. Dark roasts like Colombian, French, Viennese, are simply exotic beauties that ensnare the senses. And ah espresso, a shot of real dark espresso will keep you running all day. 

On the other wussies cannot handle the real thing. They need all that cream and sugar to lighten it up and sweeten the deal. Often to the point that you have to gag on that filthy saccharine laced solution with ugly pasty opulence. What do they know about true taste?

So the conclusion is that those who are obsessed with fairness are wussies. Maybe Indians are wussies. Half the country does not appreciate coffee. Darned followers of tea drinking bootwearers!!!!

Only few people in this world can carry of pastiness in a completely hot manner like Robert Pattison or Anne Hathaway.

@Rage of Angels - What if I'm into Asians? I honestly am. I seriously like my bishie boys with their pretty hair and all that K-Pop goodness.

@Sonur15 - Angelina Jolie? Are we talking about fair skinned people or pelicans?

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

bhoomi25

Post Reply New Post

Go to top