Page 1
Page   of 31
Page 2 Page 31

Perfangel5655

IF-Sizzlerz

Perfangel5655

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 9:20am | IP Logged

http://www.ndtv.com/convergence/ndtv/video/video.aspx?id=39887

First you have to watch the video. This is really a awesome debate. It presents both sides.

Why are indians obsessed with fairness?

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Why are indians obsessed with Fairness?" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 4:13pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 3:26am | IP Logged
guess its b coz idea of beauty for some ppl is limited to fair skin ! What a pity ,they miss out on beauty of character , personality & also many aspects of physical beauty.

The following 2 member(s) liked the above post:

angelic_devilU-No-Poo

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 4:21am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 8:52am | IP Logged

sorry i can't watch the video right now !

nevertheless,

i'd like to look at the arguments out here........cos i also dunno anything about it , and it does make me wonder why ! indeed it just reminded me of how many songs we have on "gori face waali ladkiyan"

Edited by clodpolish - 14 April 2009 at 8:52am

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 9:10am | IP Logged
Originally posted by clodpolish

nevertheless,

i'd like to look at the arguments out here........cos i also dunno anything about it , and it does make me wonder why ! indeed it just reminded me of how many songs we have on "gori face waali ladkiyan"

achcha what about songs on gore ladke ...like yeh gore gore se choreROFL

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 9:14am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonur15

Originally posted by clodpolish

nevertheless,

achchawhat about songs on gore ladke ...like yeh gore gore se choreROFL

LOLya , thats the effect of fair and handsome cream....previously it was only fair and lovely......but now maa de ladle bigad gaye hainLOL

Perfangel5655

IF-Sizzlerz

Perfangel5655

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 9:17am | IP Logged

I always felt for ages people have looked at fair skinned people as delicate roses, or from good rich houses, while the automatic assumption for dark skinned people is they might be from poor houses or had a rough upbringing, maybe worked out in the fields and the sun made them dark.

In the video they talk about how these days if a fair person and darker person are equally attractive, one would want to take the dark girl to the nearest hotel while he would take the fair girl to meet his mom. Fair girls are always considered innocent, and sweet while the darker ones are erotic and sexy. Which I thought is true, people do think that way. They mention Bips in the video. I mean really the scenes Bips does she is considered sexy, not at all sweet or angelic. Katrina Kaif can do the exact same scenes yet she will be considered sweet and angelic. ( I love Kat so no offense to anyone)

I don't find anything wrong with wanting to be fair, but discriminating against dark people is very wrong. My dad's side of the family are very fair, and they have always picked on my mother for her dark skin even though she is a beautiful woman masahallah, with good features.

Also they end up blaming the ad agencies "fair and lovely" and "fair and handsome" for these. Advertisements are only a reflection of our desires, so I don't see a point in blaming them.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top