Debate Mansion

What is wrong not learning Hindi? (Page 7)

Post Reply New Post

Page 7 of 22

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 10:36am | IP Logged
kal Yug just started Shocked  OMG !!! Then there  remains a lot more to B seen & endured Unhappy

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What is wrong not learning Hindi? (Page 7)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 10:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

kal Yug just started Shocked  OMG !!! Then there  remains a lot more to B seen & endured Unhappy

Kaliyug is 432,000 years long, and since it started in 3102 BC, it means that more than 425,000 years still left!Wacko

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 12:17pm | IP Logged

azman007

azman007

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 1:22pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

Originally posted by azman007

<FONT color=blue>
i was alluding to the fact that "majority of indians don't speak IRRESPECTIVE of their STATE ORIGINS" because hindi is spoken widely in only 3 or 4 states in India...in other states, the majority of the people speak a regional language. that's why i said that your point was ridiculuos.

<FONT color=#ff0000>how many states have u been out of TN? jammu kashmir, till AP (dont know abt easter states) Hindi is spoken entensively. if its not fluently then atleast its tuti futti and they can understand it atleast. and in southern states people dont know ONLY bcoz they are hostile towards it and strongly reluctant to learn.</FONT>

Sandya,
Welcome back.

in this day and age of internet, i don't need to go to dozen or so states to hear people's pulse. there are people who do that, called reporters.

Last I checked, UP, Bihar, MP, Jharkhand, Rajasthan, Delhi Uttarnachal, and Himachal Pradesh were the only states where Hindi was a majority. Whereas, Jharkand and Uttranchal were part of UP and Bihar. So, technically, UP, Bihar, Rajasthan, Delhi and HP (5) are the ONLY states where Hindi is spoken by majority. IOW, 23 states in India do not have Hindi speaking MAJORITIES.

What is the basis of your claim that Hindi is spoken extensively? Show me some statistics or else you are making stuff up...

</FONT>

<FONT color=blue>even if Tamil was the most widely spoken language in India, I personally would NOT have argued for Tamil as the national language if a large SECTION OF PEOPLE are UNWILLING TO LEARN. It is in fact the IMPOSITION, REQUIREMENT that people from non-Hindi speaking areas learn Hindi to communicate with rest of India is what makes people allergic. </FONT>

<FONT color=#ff0000>just talk abt TN rest of the india is not averse towards hindi at all and majority of them already know hindi very well.</FONT><FONT color=blue>
</FONT>

<FONT color=blue>
read the last part, which says "if you have a different INDIA in mind, then I am perfectly ok living with it, i.e., if Hindi is central to your India, then I respect and live with that." how is that not broad minded?
</FONT>

<FONT color=#ff0000>your india?</FONT>

"Your India as in your view of India..."

<FONT color=blue>
What I meant is that "LANGUAGE ISSUE IS NOT TRIVIAL"? No problem is trivial if people have a strong CONVICTION about it. You may be CASTE neutral, but there are people in India who's central identity is caste. It may be trivial for you, but not for them.
</FONT>

<FONT color=blue><FONT color=#ff0000>i know many people give a LOT of imp to caste from gotra to sub caste to everything which is not something to be proud of. how can anyone be proud of something like this.Angry

</FONT></FONT><FONT color=blue>

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean other people shouldn't be proud of it. I am proud of my CASTE, TRADITION, and WHERE I COME FROM. But I don't use that to discriminate people at work, when I employ someone, but CASTE for me is my private clique. We all have cliques, so don't generalize your views on to the general population.

either you have no idea of the implications of what you wrote or you are just blind. You said that "political system in India cannot be changed because it reflects the MAJORITY people's mentality....that is precisely what I am referring to...majority doesn't mean that others have to accept the status quo..."

<FONT color=#ff0000>Majority always win if u r right then convince others and turn the majority to your side for which again u have to learn hindi.LOL</FONT></FONT>

If you understand a bit of parliamentary democracy, then you would know something about governing using majority.

i can't teach a monkey how to behave in public, so is trying to teach you parliamentary democracy. never look at it as "zero sum game, where someone wins and someone else loses".

Thanks.

AZ

souro

souro

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
^^U missed Haryana. Hindi is the major language of Haryana.

Mindbender

IF-Sizzlerz

Mindbender

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 7:14pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by souro

^^U missed Haryana. Hindi is the major language of Haryana.

i think its haryanvi no?

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 7:14pm | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top