Debate Mansion

What is wrong not learning Hindi? (Page 22)

Post Reply New Post

Page 22 of 22

Page 1 Page 21
Page   of 22

souro

souro

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 2:17pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by Gauri_3

Can't be counting me in "them".  I know what rongna was talking about and I don't think urdu opposition was THE main reason for pak-bangladesh split.  Feel free to start another debate on that issue, if you want, and I'll see you there.

Read my post in context again.  Even though I don't believe urdu was the reason behind their split, I reiterated that we won't face that kind of situation in India because rongna kept on rubbing in how india can get divided over hindi being the national language issue and used bangladesh split from pak to support his/her views.

See the posts below:

It may not be the main reason but the protests did start with the imposing of Urdu on people for whom the language is completely foreign. The main reason will be the step daughterly treatment that East Pakistan got from West Paksitan where the govt. was seated.
But in any case it does show that imposing a language that is totally foreign can make people uncomfortable and lead to protests.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What is wrong not learning Hindi? (Page 22)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Gauri_3

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 8:29pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 06 June 2009 at 10:53pm | IP Logged

Originally posted by souro

Originally posted by rongna

hey come on i am not bringing the 1947 memories or the partition of india and pakistan. i am talking about the partition between east pakistan and west pakistan which are the present day pakistan and bangladesh.

Yeah even I was wondering why they were talking about India and Pakistan when you wrote about Bangladesh's (the then East Pakistan) opposition of West Pakistan in making Urdu the national language.

Can't be counting me in "them".  I know what rongna was talking about and I don't think urdu opposition was THE main reason for pak-bangladesh split.  Feel free to start another debate on that issue, if you want, and I'll see you there.

Read my post in context again.  Even though I don't believe urdu was the reason behind their split, I reiterated that we won't face that kind of situation in India because rongna kept on rubbing in how india can get divided over hindi being the national language issue and used bangladesh split from pak to support his/her views.

See the posts below:

Originally posted by rongna

but one of the reason why pakistan and bangladesh broke apart was because western pakistan was trying to impose everything towards the eastern pakistan which is present day bangladesh. this includes language the urdu as opposed to the majority of population of bangladesh which is the bengal people and it gets complicated with all the complains of language and stuffs that leads to seperation of these two states.

LOL  that's a first for me. 

Rest assured, our India is not that loosely tied up.  We always rise above the petty differences when time demands or time comes.  We always do.  We will do just fine --- even if that means keep speaking whatever language we speak while resisting hindi to be the common thread across India.

well... gauri maybe souro is referring to hindu4lyf and accidentally include you in 'they'

Post Reply New Post

Go to top