Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

   

What is wrong not learning Hindi? (Page 2)

sonur15 IF-Rockerz
sonur15
sonur15

Joined: 18 September 2007
Posts: 8647

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 1:45am | IP Logged
India is a country of many languages. Its almost impossible for everyone to learn all the languages. National language is the language which is spoken by the max people of a country .Everyone should know  his/her national language so what  if u cant speak it perfectly .It isnt about  imposing  it on them or doing PHD in that language its about the  giving importance to your country's language.Thats all...

Edited by sonur15 - 13 April 2009 at 1:48am
lakshmim_84 IF-Rockerz
lakshmim_84
lakshmim_84

Joined: 03 January 2007
Posts: 6043

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonur15

India is a country of many languages. Its almost impossible for everyone to learn all the languages. National language is the language which is spoken by the max people of a country .Everyone should know  his/her national language so what  if u cant speak it perfectly .It isnt about  imposing  it on them or doing PHD in that language its about the  giving importance to your country's language.Thats all...


oh sure sonu, i agree with u......"if a country has a national language........every citizen shld know his/her national language"..so wld you pls enlighten me, - which is the national language of India

If u think, it is Hindi....u are completely wrong......




Edited by lakshmim_84 - 13 April 2009 at 3:23am
sonur15 IF-Rockerz
sonur15
sonur15

Joined: 18 September 2007
Posts: 8647

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 2:39am | IP Logged
U r rite laks and i agree with u on this national language laks but u also know  that most of  the people understand Hindi in India it is easy for everyone to  understand this language in India...and leave others u  r a south indian and your hindi  is too good ....it feels great believe me...even i try to speak bengali but god save the other side ...LOL...my punjabi is as bad as bengali,gujrati..
By the way itana bold mai kyo likha yeh sab...LOL
lakshmim_84 IF-Rockerz
lakshmim_84
lakshmim_84

Joined: 03 January 2007
Posts: 6043

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 3:20am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonur15

U r rite laks and i agree with u on this national language laks but u also know  that most of  the people understand Hindi in India it is easy for everyone to  understand this language in India...and leave others u  r a south indian and your hindi  is too good ....it feels great believe me...even i try to speak bengali but god save the other side ...LOL...my punjabi is as bad as bengali,gujrati..
By the way itana bold mai kyo likha yeh sab...LOL

LOLoh sonu, i just wrote in bold........cos many people here think hindi is the national language..... so just wanted to clear that, we don't have a national language.
n ya, abt my hindi.......thats exactly what i wanted to put forward.....that we shldn't force any language on others... like, here we have choice of the language.......i took, english and hindi as my main language......however, there are many people who  take english and kannada as their main language... its their choice.... just becos majority in india talk hindi, or that bollywood is in hindi.....it doesn't mean that the language hindi is thrust upon us and we are forced to learn that, or we are forced to communicate using hindi.or that official transaction shld be in hindi.

sonur15 IF-Rockerz
sonur15
sonur15

Joined: 18 September 2007
Posts: 8647

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 3:46am | IP Logged
haa i know and u took advantage of  that laksLOL am i rite Wink. Afterall raso is written in a language with is bit closer to hindi.U not only read that book but u xplained that book to everyone on PRC forum ROFL.
lakshmim_84 IF-Rockerz
lakshmim_84
lakshmim_84

Joined: 03 January 2007
Posts: 6043

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 3:53am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonur15

haa i know and u took advantage of  that laksLOL am i rite Wink. Afterall raso is written in a language with is bit closer to hindi.U not only read that book but u xplained that book to everyone on PRC forum ROFL.

ROFL.true...............well, u know there were so many listeners and so many wanted to more details of raso.........so how can i not obligeLOL
_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Joined: 21 February 2008
Posts: 9888

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 4:14am | IP Logged

Well, there can B nothing wrong in not learning anything for that matter just as I don't see anything wrong in learning anything either . But certainly learning something wud B preferable to not learning it ! As far as a language is considered its always to ones advantage as it helps one to communicate with others. It shud B seen as such . Many political leaders of the nothern parts of India oppose English but that isn't a wise choice either. When there R clear advantages of learning that language it only makes good sense to learn it. Why is learning a language seen as an affront to  ones regionality ? It's a fact that Hindi & English R the two languages of communication in our country & most politicians who R opposing either make sure that their own kids learn the two languages well, notwithstanding what they may say in their speeches to the masses !

lakshmim_84 IF-Rockerz
lakshmim_84
lakshmim_84

Joined: 03 January 2007
Posts: 6043

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 5:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Well, there can B nothing wrong in not learning anything for that matter just as I don't see anything wrong in learning anything either . But certainly learning something wud B preferable to not learning it ! As far as a language is considered its always to ones advantage as it helps one to communicate with others. It shud B seen as such . Many political leaders of the nothern parts of India oppose English but that isn't a wise choice either. When there R clear advantages of learning that language it only makes good sense to learn it. Why is learning a language seen as an affront to  ones regionality ? It's a fact that Hindi & English R the two languages of communication in our country & most politicians who R opposing either make sure that their own kids learn the two languages well, notwithstanding what they may say in their speeches to the masses !


true.learning something is preferable......and thats why, the schools usually have two languages in their course. You have said that Hindi is the language of communication in India...however, that is not the case in southern states. Here hindi is not at all used.so why wld a student from one of these southern state find hindi to be more important than their reigional language which is used more for communication.
As far as communicating with people outside te state - whether it be in india or outside, we have english and most of the students from the southern states learn english.
Also, none of the southern states have banned hindi........if the students want, they can choose hindi over the regional language........ All that we want to oppose is, imposing the language hindi on us...no one can impose any language.if we want and we find, hindi shld be the more important than the regional language, we will choose it........otherwise, we will not

Go to top

Related Topics

  Topics Author Replies Views Last Post
Who do (most) Tamils hate Hindi?

2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 51 52

Author: SolidSnake   Replies: 411   Views: 39714

SolidSnake 411 39714 10 March 2010 at 9:01am by Tumhari_Khushi
The way hindi serial is portraying women

2

Author: The_Other_Woman   Replies: 14   Views: 6680

The_Other_Woman 14 6680 05 September 2009 at 1:42am by Fair-n-luvly
Should language learning be compulsory in schools?

Author: WillSmith456   Replies: 1   Views: 494

WillSmith456 1 494 09 July 2009 at 11:25pm by WillSmith456
Quality of Hindi cinema

Author: trustt   Replies: 1   Views: 1193

trustt 1 1193 30 April 2009 at 10:49pm by Perfangel5655
Professional learning/degree in relations

Author: raj5000   Replies: 7   Views: 436

raj5000 7 436 11 October 2007 at 9:58pm by mermaid_QT

Forum Quick Jump

Forum Category / Channels
Forums

Debate Mansion Topic Index

Disclaimer: All Logos and Pictures of various Channels, Shows, Artistes, Media Houses, Companies, Brands etc. belong to their respective owners, and are used to merely visually identify the Channels, Shows, Companies, Brands, etc. to the viewer. Incase of any issue please contact the webmaster.

Popular Channels :
Star Plus | Zee TV | Sony TV | Colors TV | SAB TV | Life OK

Quick Links :
Top 100 TV Celebrities | Top 100 Bollywood Celebs | About Us | Contact Us | Advertise | Forum Index