Debate Mansion

What is wrong not learning Hindi? (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 22

Page 1
Page   of 22
Page 3 Page 22

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 1:45am | IP Logged
India is a country of many languages. Its almost impossible for everyone to learn all the languages. National language is the language which is spoken by the max people of a country .Everyone should know  his/her national language so what  if u cant speak it perfectly .It isnt about  imposing  it on them or doing PHD in that language its about the  giving importance to your country's language.Thats all...

Edited by sonur15 - 13 April 2009 at 1:48am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "What is wrong not learning Hindi? (Page 2)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

lakshmim_84

IF-Rockerz

lakshmim_84

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 1:59am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sonur15

India is a country of many languages. Its almost impossible for everyone to learn all the languages. National language is the language which is spoken by the max people of a country .Everyone should know  his/her national language so what  if u cant speak it perfectly .It isnt about  imposing  it on them or doing PHD in that language its about the  giving importance to your country's language.Thats all...

oh sure sonu, i agree with u......"if a country has a national language........every citizen shld know his/her national language"..so wld you pls enlighten me, - which is the national language of India

If u think, it is Hindi....u are completely wrong......

Edited by lakshmim_84 - 13 April 2009 at 3:23am

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 2:39am | IP Logged
U r rite laks and i agree with u on this national language laks but u also know  that most of  the people understand Hindi in India it is easy for everyone to  understand this language in India...and leave others u  r a south indian and your hindi  is too good ....it feels great believe me...even i try to speak bengali but god save the other side ...LOL...my punjabi is as bad as bengali,gujrati..
By the way itana bold mai kyo likha yeh sab...LOL

lakshmim_84

IF-Rockerz

lakshmim_84

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 3:20am | IP Logged

U r rite laks and i agree with u on this national language laks but u also know  that most of  the people understand Hindi in India it is easy for everyone to  understand this language in India...and leave others u  r a south indian and your hindi  is too good ....it feels great believe me...even i try to speak bengali but god save the other side ...LOL...my punjabi is as bad as bengali,gujrati..
By the way itana bold mai kyo likha yeh sab...LOL

LOLoh sonu, i just wrote in bold........cos many people here think hindi is the national language..... so just wanted to clear that, we don't have a national language.
n ya, abt my hindi.......thats exactly what i wanted to put forward.....that we shldn't force any language on others... like, here we have choice of the language.......i took, english and hindi as my main language......however, there are many people who  take english and kannada as their main language... its their choice.... just becos majority in india talk hindi, or that bollywood is in hindi.....it doesn't mean that the language hindi is thrust upon us and we are forced to learn that, or we are forced to communicate using hindi.or that official transaction shld be in hindi.

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 3:46am | IP Logged
haa i know and u took advantage of  that laksLOL am i rite Wink. Afterall raso is written in a language with is bit closer to hindi.U not only read that book but u xplained that book to everyone on PRC forum ROFL.

lakshmim_84

IF-Rockerz

lakshmim_84

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 3:53am | IP Logged

haa i know and u took advantage of  that laksLOL am i rite Wink. Afterall raso is written in a language with is bit closer to hindi.U not only read that book but u xplained that book to everyone on PRC forum ROFL.

ROFL.true...............well, u know there were so many listeners and so many wanted to more details of raso.........so how can i not obligeLOL

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 4:14am | IP Logged

Well, there can B nothing wrong in not learning anything for that matter just as I don't see anything wrong in learning anything either . But certainly learning something wud B preferable to not learning it ! As far as a language is considered its always to ones advantage as it helps one to communicate with others. It shud B seen as such . Many political leaders of the nothern parts of India oppose English but that isn't a wise choice either. When there R clear advantages of learning that language it only makes good sense to learn it. Why is learning a language seen as an affront to  ones regionality ? It's a fact that Hindi & English R the two languages of communication in our country & most politicians who R opposing either make sure that their own kids learn the two languages well, notwithstanding what they may say in their speeches to the masses !

lakshmim_84

IF-Rockerz

lakshmim_84

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 5:11am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Well, there can B nothing wrong in not learning anything for that matter just as I don't see anything wrong in learning anything either . But certainly learning something wud B preferable to not learning it ! As far as a language is considered its always to ones advantage as it helps one to communicate with others. It shud B seen as such . Many political leaders of the nothern parts of India oppose English but that isn't a wise choice either. When there R clear advantages of learning that language it only makes good sense to learn it. Why is learning a language seen as an affront to  ones regionality ? It's a fact that Hindi & English R the two languages of communication in our country & most politicians who R opposing either make sure that their own kids learn the two languages well, notwithstanding what they may say in their speeches to the masses !

true.learning something is preferable......and thats why, the schools usually have two languages in their course. You have said that Hindi is the language of communication in India...however, that is not the case in southern states. Here hindi is not at all used.so why wld a student from one of these southern state find hindi to be more important than their reigional language which is used more for communication.
As far as communicating with people outside te state - whether it be in india or outside, we have english and most of the students from the southern states learn english.
Also, none of the southern states have banned hindi........if the students want, they can choose hindi over the regional language........ All that we want to oppose is, imposing the language hindi on us...no one can impose any language.if we want and we find, hindi shld be the more important than the regional language, we will choose it........otherwise, we will not

Post Reply New Post

Go to top