Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by: sonur15

๐Ÿคฃ
wahhh what a song.....ai ki hai..now after reading all the comments i think i  should learn my mothertongue punjabiii..stupid me dont even know punjabi..mummmyyyyy im coming...balle balle

bhalo bhache

This is nursery rhyme gone bihari๐Ÿ˜†

awwwww........punjabi seekhtey seekhtey hindi na bhool jayeen.  Iss baat ka khayal rakheen๐Ÿ˜†
Originally posted by: Golden iron

โญ๏ธ

Aoor dharti main kaun ho girewa ๐Ÿ˜†

thanks Gauri for understanding my silly homor ...once again ๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†

couldn't help it buddy.  woh suna hai na - takes one to know one๐Ÿ˜†  hum bhi tohaar tarah silliwa hee toh hai.  warna ihaan jhakk maartey kaahey ghoomat hain๐Ÿ˜†

Missing Sur bhai today๐Ÿ˜Š  Those were the days - hai na๐Ÿ˜Š
Golden iron thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Gauri_3

couldn't help it buddy.  woh suna hai na - takes one to know one๐Ÿ˜†  hum bhi tohaar tarah silliwa  hee toh hai.  warna ihaan jhakk maartey kaahey ghoomat hain๐Ÿ˜†

Missing Sur bhai today๐Ÿ˜Š  Those were the days - hai na๐Ÿ˜Š

๐Ÿ˜†  fantastictwa........yeah Sur kuch aoor apni taan lagata ๐Ÿ˜›
Those were the days ๐Ÿ˜ƒ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

๐Ÿ˜†  that's a first for me. 

Rest assured, our India is not that loosely tied up.  We always rise above the petty differences when time demands or time comes.  We always do.  We will do just fine --- even if that means keep speaking whatever language we speak while resisting hindi to be the common thread across India.

I was just about to point that out-thanks gauri๐Ÿ˜Š
We ALL know that's not the reason India-Pakistan split up cos according to your theory, there India should be seperated in to more than 100 mini countries cos we don't share the same language..
Anyway let's not bring back 1947 memories cos we spoke the same language as pakistanis (old india) but my family moved to india so let's not start that๐Ÿ˜‰
Edited by hindu4lyf - 14 years ago
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

I was just about to point that out-thanks gauri๐Ÿ˜Š
We ALL know that's not the reason India-Pakistan split up cos according to your theory, there India should be seperated in to more than 100 mini countries cos we don't share the same language..
Anyway let's not bring back 1947 memories cos we spoke the same language as pakistanis (old india) but my family moved to india so let's not start that๐Ÿ˜‰

hey come on i am not bringing the 1947 memories or the partition of india and pakistan. i am talking about the partition between east pakistan and west pakistan which are the present day pakistan and bangladesh.
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: rongna

hey come on i am not bringing the 1947 memories or the partition of india and pakistan. i am talking about the partition between east pakistan and west pakistan which are the present day pakistan and bangladesh.

Yeah even I was wondering why they were talking about India and Pakistan when you wrote about Bangladesh's (the then East Pakistan) opposition of West Pakistan in making Urdu the national language.

Originally posted by: souro

Yeah even I was wondering why they were talking about India and Pakistan when you wrote about Bangladesh's (the then East Pakistan) opposition of West Pakistan in making Urdu the national language.

Can't be counting me in "them".  I know what rongna was talking about and I don't think urdu opposition was THE main reason for pak-bangladesh split.  Feel free to start another debate on that issue, if you want, and I'll see you there.

Read my post in context again.  Even though I don't believe urdu was the reason behind their split, I reiterated that we won't face that kind of situation in India because rongna kept on rubbing in how india can get divided over hindi being the national language issue and used bangladesh split from pak to support his/her views.

See the posts below:

๐Ÿ˜†  that's a first for me. 

Rest assured, our India is not that loosely tied up.  We always rise above the petty differences when time demands or time comes.  We always do.  We will do just fine --- even if that means keep speaking whatever language we speak while resisting hindi to be the common thread across India.

Edited by Gauri_3 - 14 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Can't be counting me in "them".  I know what rongna was talking about and I don't think urdu opposition was THE main reason for pak-bangladesh split.  Feel free to start another debate on that issue, if you want, and I'll see you there.

Read my post in context again.  Even though I don't believe urdu was the reason behind their split, I reiterated that we won't face that kind of situation in India because rongna kept on rubbing in how india can get divided over hindi being the national language issue and used bangladesh split from pak to support his/her views.

See the posts below:

It may not be the main reason but the protests did start with the imposing of Urdu on people for whom the language is completely foreign. The main reason will be the step daughterly treatment that East Pakistan got from West Paksitan where the govt. was seated.
But in any case it does show that imposing a language that is totally foreign can make people uncomfortable and lead to protests.

It may not be the main reason but the protests did start with the imposing of Urdu on people for whom the language is completely foreign. The main reason will be the step daughterly treatment that East Pakistan got from West Paksitan where the govt. was seated.
But in any case it does show that imposing a language that is totally foreign can make people uncomfortable and lead to protests.

Breaking off your own country and merely protesting are two totally different scenarios.  The anti-urdu sentiments and anti-govt. sentiments that was focussed on west pak was played upon by IG that led to the break-up.  A break-up that was mandatory for Indian's peaceful existence.  Just imagin the plight of our country had bangladesh not broken off pakistan.  That break-off was totally political abetted by politicians.  Let's not go crazy assigning urdu as the cause for break-up๐Ÿ˜†

Did we not establish that it's the ego that's causing the dissent.  Not the "foreign-ness" (?) or domesticity of the language under discussion๐Ÿ˜•  People perceive themselves to be uncomfortable because of their own complexes - complexes they associate with a language getting "national" status.  Let's not lose sight of the main issue causing this unnecessary rift.

btw, a memory jogger for you below:

To be very honest I don't think people oppose Hindi because they find it difficult to learn or because it's a foreign language for them, although that is what they say. Most schools teach three languages, so if they keep their mother tongue and English as 1st and 2nd language, they can still learn Hindi as the 3rd language. But no, people learn French or Sanskrit as 3rd language but not Hindi. In our school Hindi was compulsory as the 3rd language for those who had Bengali as 2nd language and for those who had Hindi as 2nd language, Bengali was compulsory as the 3rd language. Now, I don't think learning French or Sanskrit is any easier than Hindi. Which is why I feel it's more about what Gauri said, 'ego'. People feel threatened or maybe jealous that if some X language is declared as the national language then it will become superior to their language. And maybe that's why they oppose.
Obviously people will love their mother tongue and they won't want to see some other language at the top. That is what I feel.

No one is forcing people to quit speaking their mother tongue or make hindi superior to their mother tongue.  The objective is to have one common indian language for communication across state boundaries and we already mentioned why Hindi was chosen to be that language.   How hard is it to get this simple fact?
nuomi.riceball thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

See the posts below:

well... gauri maybe souro is referring to hindu4lyf and accidentally include you in 'they'