Debate Mansion

What is wrong not learning Hindi? - Page 2

sonur15 thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
U r rite laks and i agree with u on this national language laks but u also know  that most of  the people understand Hindi in India it is easy for everyone to  understand this language in India...and leave others u  r a south indian and your hindi  is too good ....it feels great believe me...even i try to speak bengali but god save the other side ...πŸ˜†...my punjabi is as bad as bengali,gujrati..
By the way itana bold mai kyo likha yeh sab...πŸ˜†

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

lakshmim_84 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sonur15

U r rite laks and i agree with u on this national language laks but u also know  that most of  the people understand Hindi in India it is easy for everyone to  understand this language in India...and leave others u  r a south indian and your hindi  is too good ....it feels great believe me...even i try to speak bengali but god save the other side ...πŸ˜†...my punjabi is as bad as bengali,gujrati..

By the way itana bold mai kyo likha yeh sab...πŸ˜†

πŸ˜†oh sonu, i just wrote in bold........cos many people here think hindi is the national language..... so just wanted to clear that, we don't have a national language.
n ya, abt my hindi.......thats exactly what i wanted to put forward.....that we shldn't force any language on others... like, here we have choice of the language.......i took, english and hindi as my main language......however, there are many people who  take english and kannada as their main language... its their choice.... just becos majority in india talk hindi, or that bollywood is in hindi.....it doesn't mean that the language hindi is thrust upon us and we are forced to learn that, or we are forced to communicate using hindi.or that official transaction shld be in hindi.

sonur15 thumbnail
haa i know and u took advantage of  that laksπŸ˜† am i rite πŸ˜‰. Afterall raso is written in a language with is bit closer to hindi.U not only read that book but u xplained that book to everyone on PRC forum 🀣.
lakshmim_84 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sonur15

haa i know and u took advantage of  that laksπŸ˜† am i rite πŸ˜‰. Afterall raso is written in a language with is bit closer to hindi.U not only read that book but u xplained that book to everyone on PRC forum 🀣.

🀣.true...............well, u know there were so many listeners and so many wanted to more details of raso.........so how can i not obligeπŸ˜†
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail

Well, there can B nothing wrong in not learning anything for that matter just as I don't see anything wrong in learning anything either . But certainly learning something wud B preferable to not learning it ! As far as a language is considered its always to ones advantage as it helps one to communicate with others. It shud B seen as such . Many political leaders of the nothern parts of India oppose English but that isn't a wise choice either. When there R clear advantages of learning that language it only makes good sense to learn it. Why is learning a language seen as an affront to  ones regionality ? It's a fact that Hindi & English R the two languages of communication in our country & most politicians who R opposing either make sure that their own kids learn the two languages well, notwithstanding what they may say in their speeches to the masses !

lakshmim_84 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: angie.4u

Well, there can B nothing wrong in not learning anything for that matter just as I don't see anything wrong in learning anything either . But certainly learning something wud B preferable to not learning it ! As far as a language is considered its always to ones advantage as it helps one to communicate with others. It shud B seen as such . Many political leaders of the nothern parts of India oppose English but that isn't a wise choice either. When there R clear advantages of learning that language it only makes good sense to learn it. Why is learning a language seen as an affront to  ones regionality ? It's a fact that Hindi & English R the two languages of communication in our country & most politicians who R opposing either make sure that their own kids learn the two languages well, notwithstanding what they may say in their speeches to the masses !

true.learning something is preferable......and thats why, the schools usually have two languages in their course. You have said that Hindi is the language of communication in India...however, that is not the case in southern states. Here hindi is not at all used.so why wld a student from one of these southern state find hindi to be more important than their reigional language which is used more for communication.
As far as communicating with people outside te state - whether it be in india or outside, we have english and most of the students from the southern states learn english.
Also, none of the southern states have banned hindi........if the students want, they can choose hindi over the regional language........ All that we want to oppose is, imposing the language hindi on us...no one can impose any language.if we want and we find, hindi shld be the more important than the regional language, we will choose it........otherwise, we will not
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Ahhh I seeit now. The main issue is not Hindi per se but not to have something imposed on oneself. Ok point taken. 😊
I just had a question - there R 4 main languages in the southern states - Telugu, malyalee, kannada & tamil . So when U have 2 converse with each other which lang do U use. Is it English or do all the 4 states know each others lang ?
azman007 thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: lakshmim_84

<br>true.learning something is preferable......and thats why, the schools usually have two languages in their course. You have said that Hindi is the language of communication in India...however, that is not the case in southern states. Here hindi is not at all used.so why wld a student from one of these southern state find hindi to be more important than their reigional language which is used more for communication.<br>As far as communicating with people outside te state - whether it be in india or outside, we have english and most of the students from the southern states learn english. <br>Also, none of the southern states have banned hindi........if the students want, they can choose hindi over the regional language........ All that we want to oppose is, imposing the language hindi on us...no one can impose any language.if we want and we find, hindi shld be the more important than the regional language, we will choose it........otherwise, we will not<br>

Well said Lakshmin_84. How many Northern states have Tamil as their second language? Is Tamil or Telugu or Kannada even offered as curriculum in those states? How many teachers know different languages besides Hindi?

I am sad that Hindi is not banned in most Southern States. I am also surprised that we have not gone to court over the language issue (may be we have, but I have not seen anything). We should ask the Supreme Court to strike down Hindi as the official language of the Union, when that language was chosen UNDEMOCRATICALLY.

Thanks.

AZ

sonur15 thumbnail
Ban hindi in south???  😲. ban is not the right word .I think even laks wouldnt agree to what u have written there  what she meant was their regional language is more important for them to communicate in their  region and she is absolutely rite there. Why r u  complaining about Tamil language only we dont have even north indian languages like punjabi in our schools . Edited by sonur15 - 15 years ago
lakshmim_84 thumbnail
oh no no, banning a language is not the right way......that will again be imposing the rule on the people.........i still leave it for the people to decide......and our states have been right in that direction........they have given us the freedom to choose whatever we want.
i only wanted to clarify the point here abt, hindi being made compulsory in all states...thats what i do not agree to.....i do not see hindi having some more importance than any other language....and i do not see hindi having any use in my state,when we r more comfortable with english.
also, abt hindi being the official language of indian union....it is not true.....our constitution has decided not to have any national language and that there will be 18 official languages in india.
and angie.....yes, we usually use english for conversation.. and some of us, know more than 1 language, like i know kannada, tamil and malayalam.