Is Preet's character getting unrealistic?

zshida thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago
Hi, Preet has always been portrayed the more dominant person in her household. Even her father takes her opinions seriously before making any decisions. She is the "mother" to her siblings, the caretaker of the parivaar. How is this strong affection for Guddo compels her to hurt the poor girl is beyond my imagination.

Maybe she does it for the overall benefit of the family as she does not want Rano to marry Ranbir. Does causing your love one to fall almost to her death justifies her actions?
Then again, maybe the plan was something else...like pushing Rano off instead...only that now it backfires. Whatever it is, she's definitely making full use of Guddo's coma. Any prick of conscience is definitely well hidden or maybe the determination to keep Rano and Ranbir apart is stronger than her definition of love.

What about Kamla....forget about all the mamta love she'll ever have. A woman with not even an ounce of feelings towards Rano although she has practically lived with the girl since Rano's childhood. But the harm she's causing is her own daughter-in-law. Hmm, then again she got her son married for money... Until now, I can't piece her character as to what she really wants from Rano...probably seeing Rano's sadness is her happiness.

Back to Preet, her character has been in the quiet for a while...so now comes the "action"? Its all Preet's plan? Anyway, I hope the twist does not make Preet's character so unrealistic that the story begins to have loopholes which many long ongoing soaps are undeniably guilty of.

Just a thought 😊

Edited by zshida - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

devashree_h thumbnail
A really nice topic.

Originally posted by: zshida

Hi, Preet has always been portrayed the more dominant person in her household. Even her father takes her opinions seriously before making any decisions. She is the "mother" to her siblings, the caretaker of the parivaar. How is this strong affection for Guddo compels her to hurt the poor girl is beyond my imagination.

Maybe she does it for the overall benefit of the family as she does not want Rano to marry Ranbir. Does causing your love one to fall almost to her death justifies her actions?
Then again, maybe the plan was something else...like pushing Rano off instead...only that now it backfires. Whatever it is, she's definitely making full use of Guddo's coma. Any prick of conscience is definitely well hidden or maybe the determination to keep Rano and Ranbir apart is stronger than her definition of love.

It was not in Preet's plan to hurt Guddo.She just wanted the marriage to stop somehow.But I dont think she must have imagined in her wildest dreams that Kamla would stop so low.Preet does love Guddo a lot and never meant to hurt her.It was always her plan to not get Rano married to Ranbir.The thing that she so easily took the rishta to Rano's house was in itself unbelievable.And how can we forget the cunning smile on Preet's face when Ranbir tells her Rano's father wants to sell his land.She thinks she is doing all this for Ranbir's well-being.Whatever Preet might be but she loved her siblings dearly.Its her misplaced love thats causing havoc in their lives.

What about Kamla....forget about all the mamta love she'll ever have. A woman with not even an ounce of feelings towards Rano although she has practically lived with the girl since Rano's childhood. But the harm she's causing is her own daughter-in-law. Hmm, then again she got her son married for money... Until now, I can't piece her character as to what she really wants from Rano...probably seeing Rano's sadness is her happiness.

Kamla is the "cruelest" character on television right now.She is Devil re-incarnated.She doesnt have an iota of feelings for anybody except herself and money.She doesnt even care about her son enough...he is only a ticket to Richville for her.Rano was always like a thorn that kept pricking her.Everything Rano did was wrong for her even if she supported Kamla.Her only purpose in life seems to make Rano's miserable.ITs a miracle Guru hasnt fallen ill with such a woman around.

Back to Preet, her character has been in the quiet for a while...so now comes the "action"? Its all Preet's plan? Anyway, I hope the twist does not make Preet's character so unrealistic that the story begins to have loopholes which many long ongoing soaps are undeniably guilty of.

This show has never dis-aapointed me in terms of being unrealistic.The characters are never over the top.I will surely hope it continues.

Just a thought 😊

zshida thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Hi, thanks for your comment. You are true that so far this show has never been over the top. Let's hope it stays that way.

For Preet's character, I still believe she loved her siblings dearly. The only difference between Kamla and her though their goal is the same (to separate RR), is that she thinks that she is doing for the good of the family. From the beginning, it has been showed that she has an issue with love. I've not watched the latest show yet so I hope that her quest to separate RR does not stretched the character too far.

In fact between Kamla and her, I still see some human in Preet.
Edited by zshida - 15 years ago
devashree_h thumbnail
Originally posted by: zshida

Hi, thanks for your comment. You are true that so far this show has never been over the top. Let's hope it stays that way.

For Preet's character, I still believe she loved her siblings dearly. The only difference between Kamla and her though their goal is the same (to separate RR), is that she thinks that she is doing for the good of the family. From the beginning, it has been showed that she has an issue with love. I've not watched the latest show yet so I hope that her quest to separate RR does not stretched the character too far.

In fact between Kamla and her, I still see some human in Preet.

Yes, between Kamla and Preet;Preet is the human.Kamla is all evil.As I said its Preet's misplaced love thats causing problem.I dont know why she hates Rano so much?May be because she stopped Preet from not letting the Guddo-Sukhi marriage happen.She was the one who took side of love.May be that ticked off Preet.And also, both Ranbir and Guddo seemed more to care about Rano then Preet.