Laughter is the best medicine

datspreets IF-Veteran Member
datspreets
datspreets

I-F Crazy Creatives

Posted: 24 October 2005 at 6:23am | IP Logged
Laughter is the best medicine
By Taran Adarsh, October 24, 2005 - 01:27 IST
Laughter is the best medicine and more and more film-makers are prescribing the pill these days.

Actor Shatrugan Sinha has produced a number of films in the past. Now, his wife Punam has plunged into film production with MERA DIL LEKE DEKKHO, directed by first-timer Rohit Kaushik. What's more, Punam has wrapped its shooting within months of its launch.

To celebrate the completion of their new baby, the Sinhas hosted a private get-together for friends and well-wishers at Shatranj, Bandra on Sunday, October 23.

"I was involved with raising the family all these years. The kids [Luv, Kush, Sonakshi] were growing up and family was definitely my first priority. Now that they have decided to pursue a career themselves, I decided to revive our film production unit," the elegant and graceful lady reveals.

The star cast of MERA DIL LEKE DEKKHO is a mix of known names and rank newcomers. Sharing the screen space with Jackie Shroff, Koel Purie, Archana Puransingh and Jaspal Bhatti are Puneet Tejwani, Carran Kapoor, Premjit Singh, Neil Bhoopalam, Pooja Mishra and Gargi Nandi. What prompted her to opt for new names when she could've easily cast any A-list actor?

"We wanted to take a baby step before a leap. I wanted to grasp things before we produce biggies," Punam reveals her gameplan. That Punam is ecstatic about film production is evident from the fact that she has decided to produce films in the future as well. Besides, she has complete support from husband Shatru. "He was extremely supportive when I bounced off the idea [film production] to him. He met the director, heard the script [penned by Rohit Kaushik and Nandita Puri jointly] and then it was up to me to call the shots," she adds.

Shatru is proud that Punam has produced the film on her own steam. "She's an extremely creative person. When she said that she wanted to revive our film production wing [the banner is now called Shotgun Movies], I endorsed her decision completely. I must add that she took all the decisions herself and completed her film without any hiccups whatsoever," the veteran actor informs me.

The pertinent question is, will sons Luv and Kush take to their father's profession and pursue acting? "Luv wants to be an actor, while Kush is keen on getting into direction. But I have told my kids that they need to go out, learn the ropes and only if they deserve a break, we'd launch them in our home-production," the doting mother smiles.

Let's hope the Sinhas laugh all the way to the bank once MERA DIL LEKE DEKKHO, a laughathon, hits the screens in December/January.

Me_Anonymous IF-Veteran Member
Me_Anonymous
Me_Anonymous

Posted: 24 October 2005 at 7:19am | IP Logged
thanx for shairng
Anoli IF-Sizzlerz
Anoli
Anoli

Posted: 24 October 2005 at 11:43am | IP Logged
thnx 4 sharin..
Naina_Manam IF-Dazzler
Naina_Manam