Harry Potter

Ginny and harry as a couple??!!! (Page 8)

Post Reply New Post

Page 8 of 10

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 05 May 2009 at 5:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Tani91

just one question...the main poster asked for our opinions on Harry-Ginny relationship..so why are we discussing about only Ginny and her character flaws(not that I'm not enjoying itTongue)  It's amazing how much we tend to stray from a topic's orgins, when we get on a rollLOLLOL

anyways I was actually shocked when I read HBP and discovered that Harry-Ginny were a couple..I had never expected that and THAT Is why I freaking love JKR...she is so amazing that way...coming up with the unexpected....

I was always a Harry/Hermione supporter from the start (I dunno guess bollywood stories like KKHH was to blame there) but ever since SS I was like Harry-Hermy have to be a couple...but then of course GoF came along and changed my views about that...but I still always hoped a teeny bit that it was going to be HH....

Anyways I was never a fan of Cho-Harry and I really don't understand Luna-Harry at all...I don't know guess just my bias towards Harry always getting the "perfect girl"

I think (and I know I am probably completely wrong) but maybe just maybe JKR wanted to go a more philosophical route with Harry-Ginny being soul mates...like maybe one of those sayings that you don't need a while bunch of time to know they're meant for you...... the same with HG (sorry if this is wrong just got done reviewing for a psychology test)

I also wondered of why Rowling never pointed out the so called attraction Harry-Ginny shared in the previous books...but I think it was intentional for that attraction to not be there initially because readers were devouring adventures of Harry Potter NOT Romances of Harry Potter....I think it was also done to have a bigger impact and to just wow the readers and the audiences....

as for my personal opinion I was first againt Harry-Ginny...but as I re read the series over and over again I started to see why JKR brought them together

I'm re-reading OOTP, and probably because of this discussion I'm paying a little more attention to the Harry\Ginny interactions, and I must say the signs are there, very subtle signs but they exisit (and not just from Ginny's side either). Also I think that in GOF, again there were signs to indicate of tings to come.

However, while I always knew it was going to be Ron Hemoine, I'm sort of thinking that Ron\Luna would have been a hilarious pair. I never really entertained the thought of Harry\Hermoine, and I agree with you about never really like Cho all that much!

Edited by shellytt - 05 May 2009 at 5:44am

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ginny and harry as a couple??!!! (Page 8)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Nandoo

IF-Dazzler

Nandoo

Posted: 06 May 2009 at 12:30am | IP Logged
Hello Everyone.....Smile

I know Iam new to this forum but not new to IF.....hope will get to glue here....as im a die-heart fan of Harry Potter.Star..(i guess only Harry Potter....he h ehe...Wink.)

hmm now comes.....Hope I would do justice to my theory towards Harry/Hermmy and Harry/Ginevra pairs....(not pairs...huh!!!)TongueConfusedSmile

No offence here....im declaring it in the first place.....im just giving my own views. Pls dont get angry at me.... :) :)EmbarrassedTongue

I saw soo many places and soo many people(even my frnds....agrrhhhhOuch) thinks Ginny is the perfect match to Harry as there are things like she is Courageous, Brave and can understand Harry more than anything or anyone else(which i doubtConfusedOuchSleepy)....But is it really wht the thing??!!!

In my view... NOPE!!!! Its not the thing.....
1) Peeping Harry behind from mum
2) When wished by Harry, not even giving a look at him and running to her room....
3) Not letting others know about the diary which is making her mad and behave wierd and ultimately put herself in danger making others panic and come running after her to meet their own death!!!
4) Sending a Valentine card with a ear cracking song!!!!
5) When the most lovable Headmaster died, crying for a bit of time and then stopping.....Cry

if all these are the things which relate to Bravery/Courage/Friendship/Love/Nerve....then what these things are called!!!!!

a) Helping the person who she doesn't know till that time and asking others to help Neville as well...Clap

b) Telling others how to pronounce a Spell correctly by making herself the Book-Freek and So Called Intelligent and I-Know-It-All type of words from others....which at last put her in a circle where she doesnt  have a person to whom she can call as a "FRIEND"CryCry

c) Helping Harry and Ron not to get expelled from the school even after Ron calls her arrogant and all.....

d) Stood as the first person to solve any problem which comes in Harry's way or Ron's way to reach their destination(s) like to get information about Nicholas Flamel , Bassilisk, Lupin, Sirius and the most sweet thing helping House-ElfsEmbarrassedTongueClap. And helping to make it possible to run Sirius and Buckbeak.

e) Standing beside Harry when everyone in the school including Ron left him as if he did an unforgivable blunder!!!!

f) Helping Harry and supporting him every second to get learn things which help him in getting through the Triwizard Tournment....

g) Telling not to cross his limits and stay back where he is and asking him to take care of himself untill they meet him and tell him wht all happening....

h) Shouting at Harry when he is not trying to learn Occlumency which inturn given a chance to Voldemart to possess him and making him think that Sirius is in danger....which ultimately returened as Sirius is not there for Harry any longer!!!CryCry

i) Telling Harry and Frowning at Harry not to use the Prince's book which is distracting him and pulling him in a sideway.... And when Dumbledore  died .....crying and making her heart out for her dear HeadMaster....

j) Made herself ready to go along with Harry making her parents forget about her and protesting others not let them know what Harry/Her/Ron are upto.....

k) Again Staying back with Harry even Ron left him and making him feel good and helping in making plans to achieve their goal and consoling him when they are in the Godric's Hollow and saving him from getting killed.....

Oh....if i start telling like this there are loads and loads of things which I can make out....just with a flick of my mind's Wand.... : ) :)

So....wht are all this things for...!!! If Iam not wrong all these things comes under  Love/Friendship/Bravery most of all , having space in her heart for the person she did all these things for...who is none other than the Hero Harry.!!!!!

And not but not least, before Harry leaves to Forbidden Forest in Deathly Hollows to surrender himself to Voldemart, he first thinks about Hermoine then Ron then Ginny and others....feeling that, why no one is coming in his way and why are they not stopping him to go into the forest.....

So....my conclusion is .....Harry and Hermy forever....as JKR already gave a conclusion with H/G....i cant do anything except to take the heart wreanching truth that Harry and Ginny are pair..... at last!!!!!!

But still i dont knw why im unable to take it to my heart that Harry and Ginny are pair where Harry and Hermy are Frineds after all.....i guess....the bollywood movies or the thinking of the first girl as his friend should be his everlasing soulmate!!!!Clap Dont knw...dont know at all.....but yes, one thing is true.... Harry Loves Hermoine.... :) :)Clap

Again...no offence to anyone .....take it as if im Hermoine and you are Harry.....and we are Friends....

Love .....NandooTongue

Edited by Nandoo - 06 May 2009 at 12:46am

Adwaita

Adwaita

Posted: 06 May 2009 at 9:19am | IP Logged
harry and ginny are absolutely made for each other!!! i had a feeling from the 1st part that they'd end up married... i just love this pair, though i love ron-hermione more...

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 06 May 2009 at 11:03am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Adwaita

harry and ginny are absolutely made for each other!!! i had a feeling from the 1st part that they'd end up married... i just love this pair, though i love ron-hermione more...

Yeah, I think Harry/Ginny and Ron/Hermione were 'made of each other' couples. Ron and Hermione are one of the sweetest couples in the series (coming after Lily and James of courseWinkLOL), and Harry/Ginny are right after them.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 06 May 2009 at 11:15am | IP Logged
Hi Nandoo,

You're very welcome in the HP Forum. I hope you have a wonderful time here.Big smile

And I totally respect your opinion that Harry/Hermione should have been together, and though I don't agree with it, I hope we can have fun discussing out opinions. :)

Thanks for listing the reasons why you think Harry should have been with Hermione, but I personally felt that you didn't touch enough on the Harry/Ginny relationship. People dont' call Ginny brave or courageous because of the reasons you posted. She was a young girl in the first three books, and as Ron and Hermione did not show any feelings for each other until the fourth book, we can't judge Ginny for that. From the 5th book on, Ginny did many brave, courageous, selfless things that made her lovable for us Ginny fans. And none of those reasons were the ones you posted.

As for Hermione and Harry, the reasons you posted made many of us think of Hermione as a sister figure for Harry, because she was always closer to Harry than Ron in a sibling sort of way. As both Harry and Hermione were sibling-less kids, I felt they sort of bonded in a brother-sister fashion.
There was no evidence in the book where Harry thought of Hermione in a romantic way, while there were 'romantic' references to Cho and Ginny. And vice versa. There was never any place in the book where Hermione thought of Harry in a romantic way.

In Deathly Hallow, when Ron returns to Harry and Hermione, Harry tells Ron that Hermione was always like a sister to him.

Pg. 378 (US edition)

"After you left," he said in a low voice, grateful for the fact that Ron's face was hidden, "she cried for a week. Probably longer, only she didn't want me to see. There were loads of nights when we never even spoke to each other. With you gone..."
He could not finish; it was only now that Ron was here again that Harry fully realized how much his absence had cost them.
"She's like my sister," he went on, "I love her like a sister and I reckon she feels the same way about me. It's always been like that. I thought you knew."
Ron did not respons, but turned his face away from Harry and wiped his nose on his sleeve.

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 06 May 2009 at 11:44am | IP Logged
@ Lalitha - When I think about Harry\Hermoine pairing that is actually the passage that comes to mind always.

Harry trying to let his best friend know that his love for Hermoine was purely brotherly. Also trying to let Ron know at the same time, that Haermoine was in love with Ron and had eyes for only him.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 06 May 2009 at 1:33pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shellytt

@ Lalitha - When I think about Harry\Hermoine pairing that is actually the passage that comes to mind always.

Harry trying to let his best friend know that his love for Hermoine was purely brotherly. Also trying to let Ron know at the same time, that Haermoine was in love with Ron and had eyes for only him.

Yeah, Ron and Hermione are a very sweet pair,Embarrassed just like Harry and Ginny. I can't imagine them with anyone else.

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 06 May 2009 at 9:04pm | IP Logged
Hey Nandoo, nice to hear your opinions but I disagree.
I agree that Harry-Hermione would have made a great pair, IF JKR had decided to go for it, then she would have included that missing component of romantic/physical attraction as well. But it was evident that the purpose of of Hermione's as Harry's best friend was something more important. I know love starts from friendship, but love doesn't always have to be equal to friendship....it can only transform into romantic love if it goes beyond that. This last step just didn't happen with Harry-Hermione because they both had set their hearts on someone else. If you think realistically, Harry-Ginny and Ron-Hermione are very realistic couples, as in when you actually fall in love you don't go "okay let me count what he/she did for me and why he/she deserves my love"...you never think intellectually about them, it just happens and sometimes you can't even control it since it's such a powerful emotion. Hermione never thought intellectually about Ron...she just had feelings for him that's why she was able to forgive his weakness (and vice versa) And about all the things you mentioned as Hermione doing for Harry, she wasn't exclusively doing it for him because remember Harry's fate and fight with Voldemort isn't only about him, it's about ethics, morality, right and wrong and it includes the danger/safety of the whole wizarding world. She wasn't researching information only for Harry, she was proving herslef a good friend and a functioning part of the trio.Smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top