Harry Potter

Ginny and harry as a couple??!!! (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 10

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 5:22am | IP Logged
Originally posted by vritikacullen

yeah i think they both were a shock previously but we fans have adjusted 2 both of them...so now they seem super...atleast to me! LOL

I know what you mean. Some of my friends expected Harry and Hermione to end up together, but when I pointed out to them that since the 2nd book, Ginny and Harry were obvious and since the 3rd or 4th book, Ron and Hermione were obvious, they were like, 'Oh, that makes sense!' When I reread the series the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc, times, I realized that it was pretty obvious who would end up together.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ginny and harry as a couple??!!! (Page 3)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

fly_chick

Goldie

fly_chick

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 8:07am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Originally posted by vritikacullen

yeah i think they both were a shock previously but we fans have adjusted 2 both of them...so now they seem super...atleast to me! LOL

I know what you mean. Some of my friends expected Harry and Hermione to end up together, but when I pointed out to them that since the 2nd book, Ginny and Harry were obvious and since the 3rd or 4th book, Ron and Hermione were obvious, they were like, 'Oh, that makes sense!' When I reread the series the 2nd, 3rd, 4th, etc, times, I realized that it was pretty obvious who would end up together.

Agree- but i found Ron and Hermione sort of obvious in the first book when Ron started to feel guilty for calling Hermoine a know it all on halloween- but they developed alot more later on. As for Harry and Ginny they were obvious in book 2. 

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 9:18am | IP Logged
I also liked the fact that Ginny was very much an independent, strong young woman, with a mind and determination of her own.

She didn't need a man to complete her, she needed one to complement her and Harry also needed someone to unconditionally love and support him, which is something I think that Ginny has been doing unconciously and conciously for years.

Yes I agree that Hermoine and Luna also supported him and loved him, but I don't even think that they saw him as anything but a brother figure.

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 12:32pm | IP Logged
Ummm..Harry can be with anyone except for Hermione. I have no problem. LOL Jokes apart, I initially thought it was gonna be Harry-Luna, so HG kinda took me by surprise. I am very indifferent towards the couple actually. I don't hate Ginny but she's not my fav either. So I have accepted it as canon, but would have preferred if it was Harry-Luna:D

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 12:46pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shellytt

I also liked the fact that Ginny was very much an independent, strong young woman, with a mind and determination of her own. That's what I love best about her. I read JK Rowling's biography and bits of her autobiography, and it occurred to me that Rowling may have based a bit of Ginny's character/personality from her own. Rowling is a very strong woman who never gave up even when she was facing one of the most difficult times in her life. She was very close to being penniless before HP and the Sorcerer's Stone was released, but she remained strong and determined, just like Ginny when Harry broke up with her. Harry and Ginny's break up did not cause either of them to become depressed and miserable, instead making them work harder than ever to bring down Voldemort and his regime, so that sometime in the future, they might have a chance together once again. This is one of the reasons I love the Ginny/Harry coupling one of the most romantic in the series, followed by Ron/Hermione. Neither of the four could have belonged to anyone else. It would not have been right, and the books would have been ruined, because it was so obvious since the beginning of the series that Ron and Hermione would get together and Harry/Ginny would get together.   

She didn't need a man to complete her, she needed one to complement her and Harry also needed someone to unconditionally love and support him, which is something I think that Ginny has been doing unconciously and conciously for years. So true; Ginny's one of the best female characters in the series!Big smile

Yes I agree that Hermoine and Luna also supported him and loved him, but I don't even think that they saw him as anything but a brother figure. Yeah, I don't think Luna ever saw anyone in Hogwarts in the "romantic" way, and Hermione could never have loved anyone than Ron, not even Victor Krum. Krum was only a crush, just like Ron and Lavender. A more obvious relationship than even Harry and Ginny is Ron and Hermione. Hermione could/would never like Harry in "that" way.

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 3:36pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by redhotght

Ummm..Harry can be with anyone except for Hermione. I have no problem. LOL Jokes apart, I initially thought it was gonna be Harry-Luna, so HG kinda took me by surprise. I am very indifferent towards the couple actually. I don't hate Ginny but she's not my fav either. So I have accepted it as canon, but would have preferred if it was Harry-Luna:D

That's actually what I thought too after the fifth book, because I thought JK Rowling was going to surprise us with a new character for Harry's love opposite, but I guess she stuck to the obvious!LOL 

But really, I thought Ginny fit well with Harry more than Luna.

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 15 April 2009 at 11:26am | IP Logged

I also liked the fact that Ginny was very much an independent, strong young woman, with a mind and determination of her own. That's what I love best about her. I read JK Rowling's biography and bits of her autobiography, and it occurred to me that Rowling may have based a bit of Ginny's character/personality from her own. Rowling is a very strong woman who never gave up even when she was facing one of the most difficult times in her life. She was very close to being penniless before HP and the Sorcerer's Stone was released, but she remained strong and determined, just like Ginny when Harry broke up with her. Harry and Ginny's break up did not cause either of them to become depressed and miserable, instead making them work harder than ever to bring down Voldemort and his regime, so that sometime in the future, they might have a chance together once again. This is one of the reasons I love the Ginny/Harry coupling one of the most romantic in the series, followed by Ron/Hermione. Neither of the four could have belonged to anyone else. It would not have been right, and the books would have been ruined, because it was so obvious since the beginning of the series that Ron and Hermione would get together and Harry/Ginny would get together.   

She didn't need a man to complete her, she needed one to complement her and Harry also needed someone to unconditionally love and support him, which is something I think that Ginny has been doing unconciously and conciously for years. So true; Ginny's one of the best female characters in the series!Big smile

Yes I agree that Hermoine and Luna also supported him and loved him, but I don't even think that they saw him as anything but a brother figure. Yeah, I don't think Luna ever saw anyone in Hogwarts in the "romantic" way, and Hermione could never have loved anyone than Ron, not even Victor Krum. Krum was only a crush, just like Ron and Lavender. A more obvious relationship than even Harry and Ginny is Ron and Hermione. Hermione could/would never like Harry in "that" way.

Added to that, is the fact that Hermoine knew how much Ginny liked Harry and she would never do anything to jeopardize her friendship with Ginny. We have to remember that she was really good friends with Ginny too, probably her best girl friend.  Harry had Ron as his best guy friend and Hermoine had Ginny.

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 15 April 2009 at 3:08pm | IP Logged

Added to that, is the fact that Hermoine knew how much Ginny liked Harry and she would never do anything to jeopardize her friendship with Ginny. We have to remember that she was really good friends with Ginny too, probably her best girl friend.  Harry had Ron as his best guy friend and Hermoine had Ginny.

Yea, and I heard that Ginny and Luna were good friends as well!Big smile

Post Reply New Post

Go to top