Harry Potter

Ginny and harry as a couple??!!! (Page 2)

Post Reply New Post

Page 2 of 10

Page 1
Page   of 10
Page 3 Page 10

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 6:16pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

I am an absolute Ginny/Harry worshiper.Heart After Lily and James Potter (who are my most favorite couple in the series), my favorite couple is Harry and Ginny, and then Ron and Hermione. For me, coupling the characters in Harry Potter any other way that JK Rowling already did would have been a BIG disappointment to me. It was very clear from Book 2 that Ginny and Harry would end up together, and from Book 3, Ron and Hermione. The main reason that I love Ginny and Harry as a couple is that Ginny understood Harry like no other female in the series understood him. Ginny was the only one who had been possessed by Voldemort, the only one who could sympathize with him in that respect. Hermione and Luna were very understanding, yes, but they did not understand how Harry felt. Hermione often chastized him by telling him that he did not practice occlumency enough, or that he wasn't trying enough, and Luna, though sweet and nice, had never been in a situation like Harry's. Ginny on the other hand knew how hard it was blocking out Voldemort. She was the kind of person Harry needed in a wife, not Hermione or Luna, and especially not Cho or any other female.. While Hermione and Ron balanced each other out, Ginny and Harry definitely balanced each other out. For me, theirs was one of the best couples in the series.

This quote is one of my most favorite quotes from HP and the OotP.
Harry to Ginny:
"I didn't want anyone to talk to me," said Harry, who was feeling more and more nettled.
"Well, that was a bit stupid of you," said Ginny angrily, "seeing as you don't know anyone but me who's been possessed by You-Know-Who, and I can tell you how it feels."
Harry remained quite still as the impact of these words hit him. Then he wheeled around.
"I forgot," he said.
"Lucky you," said Ginny coolly.

I found a small essay online which a Ginny/Harry fan wrote about their relationship, and since she absolutely reflected how I feel about that couple, I'm copying and pasting it for anyone interested in reading it.

Love Conquers All
By cwarbeck

First and foremost, I would like to say that never, in a million years, would I have thought that I would be writing so passionately about people who are entirely fictional. After the Half-Blood Prince and THE KISS, however, well'.I feel emboldened to ponder upon the magic that is Harry and Ginny.

What is it, about the world of Harry Potter that has enamored all of us? As of late, more and more of the magic seems to lie in the relationship of our brooding hero with his lady fair, Ginny Weasley. This love affair between Harry and Ginny has sparked off rabid debates for and against it. I firmly throw my support with those who are for it.

Mind you, JK Rowling did a pretty successful job in leading the readers away on the subject, throwing us red herrings here and there, with the mention of Hermione as a "girlfriend" of sorts during Book 4 and the whole Cho Chang fiasco.

For those who are still hoping that Harry and Hermione will somehow wind up in each others arms, it seems prudent to warn you to abandon this fruitless task. JK Rowling has said so herself on her site (I'm sorry but I can't remember where exactly and I am too lazy to check it out) that those who have to ask as to Hermione really likes between Harry and Ron, would just have to read the books all over again because apparently they have not been paying any attention at all. It also bears saying that the nature of the trio's friendship will make it impossible to have Hermione and Harry end up together. Ron was Harry's friend before Hermione came into the picture, and Harry would never get involved with Hermione when he knows perfectly well that his best friend fancies her. He may have a short temper, but this boy places a far higher value on friendship rather than romantic relationships. Wasn't his fear of losing Ron's friendship one of the main reasons that he hesitated to do anything about his feelings for Ginny? It was never mentioned in any of the books about Harry noticing Hermione in any particular light except as a friend, or rather as a combination friend/sister/teacher/mother. Thick as he was, there would be moments when Harry would share an amused glance with other people whenever his two best friends would start their peculiar mating ritual. Hermione and Ron were destined for each other, but that's another topic altogether.

Cho Chang on the other hand, did seem to pose a serious threat to Harry's undiscovered feelings for Ginny. Well, when you're fourteen and have just started noticing the other sex as something else than a source of cooties, it's only natural to be attracted to a pretty face. It would seem strange though that he didn't develop any crushes within his own house; he never even thought that Parvati Patil was pretty until someone pointed out that he had managed to ask one of the most attractive girls in the school to the Yule Ball. Cho was something like an elusive, exotic prize for him, being different from other girls, and outside his own house. Alas, as Dumbledore would have said, things are never easy for our hero; you would think that given his fame and status, Cho would have jumped at the chance to be his date, but Cedric apparently had one up on Harry ' devastatingly good looks, if rumors were to be believed. Add the fact that just as Cho was beginning to develop deep feelings for Cedric he conveniently dies, leaving the pain of lost love and missed opportunities. Jumping into another relationship with Harry so soon after that loss was just another case of love on the rebound ' something doomed from the start. That first kiss with Cho, well, it could have been better, right? I don't think the words several sunlit days were used to describe that particular kiss. I think the word actually used by Harry was wet, which conjures up images of saliva, drooling and ill-placed tongues. NOT romantic at all. Hardly appropriate for a life-changing event such as a First Kiss.

This brings us to the enigma that is Ginny Weasley. Ginny remained behind the scenes but just within Harry's peripheral vision. He could hardly completely forget her existence, being at the Burrow all the time, but their relationship traveled a subtler, deeper path. His awareness of Ginny started with the laughing, crying child on Platform 9 , to the hero-worshipping, wide-eyed, blushing girl in Book 2 whom he had to save from Voldemort, to someone only in the fringes in Books 3 and 4, and finally to the strong, confident and cool teenager in Books 5 and 6. It was only in Book 5 when we started getting hints as to how Harry's perception of Ginny had changed. He noticed, even through his Cho-induced fog after the Hog's Head meeting, that Hermione had said that Ginny had given up on him. He had his broody, angsty ego deflated when Ginny coolly pointed out that he wasn't the only one who had had close encounters with Voldemort. He confided only to her that he wanted to talk to Sirius. He worried about her getting hurt in the Department of Mysteries, shielding her from Bellatrix and becoming concerned over her broken ankle. In the beginning of Book 6, there are even broader hints that he was starting to take notice all right, the annoyance he felt when she went off to find Dean on the Hogwarts Express and when she went to Hogsmeade with Dean, the flowery scent that he had begun to associate with her presence, and he, being the thickheaded boy that he was only needed a good shock to release the roaring green-eyed monster that had never reared its head before even after seeing Cho with Michael Corner. The monster that had known all along that the one person with whom he could just be himself with had been under his nose (Amortentia, anyone?) all along. Catching Ginny kissing Dean in that supposedly deserted corridor was Fate - aka JK Rowling - showing him what was missing in his life: a chance for true happiness in the form of a red-headed, brown-eyed girl.

And that chance did come, in the form of The Kiss. That scene in the Gryffindor common room was for me, the defining moment of the whole book. It hinted at the possibility that after all the hardships our hero had experienced, maybe he would have a happy ending after all. Mind you, if it was anyone except Ginny, they would have probably given Harry the run-around first; make him pay back for all those years of heartache. But not Ginny, since she understood him and shared a special bond with him due to the events in the Chamber of Secrets, there was no need to waste anymore time and hide her true feelings for him. Ginny became, in the short amount of time that they had, his wellspring of something that his other friends Hermione and Ron could not offer him: love, support, comfort and understanding for simply being himself, for simply being Harry. We can only hope that even though Harry's "saving-people-thing" forced him to push her away for her supposed safety, Ginny will fight for her man and make him see that in order to win his battle with Voldemort, he will need all the love she can offer him. My feeling is that that was what the Prophecy was referring to when it mentions that Harry will have "the Power the Dark Lord Knows Not". Their love, as corny and as clich as it sounds, will eventually conquer all. 

I just thought I'd mention one thing. For sure, Ginny best fits for Harry's girlfriend/wife out of the series. But the reason you pointed out is only one aspect. Hermione and Luna understood Harry in different aspects that Ginny didn't, like the loss of a parent.
So Luna has been in a situation like Harry's, maybe not in the aspect you pointed out, but another all the same.

Just thought I'd add that in thereEmbarrassed

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Ginny and harry as a couple??!!! (Page 2)" in Harry Potter forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 6:53pm | IP Logged
Lailitha, great post, and I also completely agree with it. Harry and Ginny were meant  for each other. Deserving or not however, Ginny was the one that Harry felt the most romantic connection with.

Luna and Hermoine were much more like sisters and qwerky friends, whilst Cho was a crush, that when he finally had her, her realised that maybe it wasn't all that it was built up to be in his head. Added to that that as rightly stated earlier Cho was on the rebound.

Ginny, was more real for him, for lack of a better word. The one who would be and has been a support for him, who challenged him with her sassy and outgoing manner and ways and her "fortrightness" in going after what she believed and wanted.

She was also the girl to understand what struggles he had to face, and silently supported his decisions (ie when he broke up with her to go in search of Voldermort), because she knew what tghis meant to him and that this was the biggest most difficult decison in his life. And lastly, and the sweetest part of all this is that she waited for him. She waited for him to grow up and notice her for who she was, whilst not at the same time sacrificing who she was or her happiness and she also waited for him when she was not sure if he would come back to her. That is true love!

So in my opinion, yeah, she is a deserving wife to Harry, but more importantly, I think, is that Harry is actually lucky to have a girl like her.

(Sorry about any grammatical\spelling errors, I was in a hurry)

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Yes, like I said, I agree that Ginny was the best for Harry. I like most things about her, but her sarcasm really annoyed me at times.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 7:42pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shellytt

Lailitha, great post, and I also completely agree with it. Harry and Ginny were meant  for each other. Deserving or not however, Ginny was the one that Harry felt the most romantic connection with.

Luna and Hermoine were much more like sisters and qwerky friends, whilst Cho was a crush, that when he finally had her, her realised that maybe it wasn't all that it was built up to be in his head. Added to that that as rightly stated earlier Cho was on the rebound.

Ginny, was more real for him, for lack of a better word. The one who would be and has been a support for him, who challenged him with her sassy and outgoing manner and ways and her "fortrightness" in going after what she believed and wanted.

She was also the girl to understand what struggles he had to face, and silently supported his decisions (ie when he broke up with her to go in search of Voldermort), because she knew what tghis meant to him and that this was the biggest most difficult decison in his life. And lastly, and the sweetest part of all this is that she waited for him. She waited for him to grow up and notice her for who she was, whilst not at the same time sacrificing who she was or her happiness and she also waited for him when she was not sure if he would come back to her. That is true love!

So in my opinion, yeah, she is a deserving wife to Harry, but more importantly, I think, is that Harry is actually lucky to have a girl like her.

(Sorry about any grammatical\spelling errors, I was in a hurry)

Thank you!Big smile
Completely agree with you!Big smile I love the characters of Hermione and Luna as well, but as a life companion, they're not the type Harry needed. Ginny was perfect for him.
And I love how you pointed out that Ginny deserved Harry, not only the other way around. Harry is the hero of the epic, yes, and don't get me wrong, I love his character, but he was a normal human being just like everyone else. Regardless of the fact that he was the "Boy who lived" or "The Chosen One", how was he so special and different from everyone else that someone had to be deserved to marry him?Confused What did Harry have that Ginny didn't, that some people feel Ginny didn't deserve to be his wife?

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 7:51pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by MusicalAiswarya

I am an absolute Ginny/Harry worshiper.Heart After Lily and James Potter (who are my most favorite couple in the series), my favorite couple is Harry and Ginny, and then Ron and Hermione. For me, coupling the characters in Harry Potter any other way that JK Rowling already did would have been a BIG disappointment to me. It was very clear from Book 2 that Ginny and Harry would end up together, and from Book 3, Ron and Hermione. The main reason that I love Ginny and Harry as a couple is that Ginny understood Harry like no other female in the series understood him. Ginny was the only one who had been possessed by Voldemort, the only one who could sympathize with him in that respect. Hermione and Luna were very understanding, yes, but they did not understand how Harry felt. Hermione often chastized him by telling him that he did not practice occlumency enough, or that he wasn't trying enough, and Luna, though sweet and nice, had never been in a situation like Harry's. Ginny on the other hand knew how hard it was blocking out Voldemort. She was the kind of person Harry needed in a wife, not Hermione or Luna, and especially not Cho or any other female.. While Hermione and Ron balanced each other out, Ginny and Harry definitely balanced each other out. For me, theirs was one of the best couples in the series.

Harry to Ginny:
"I didn't want anyone to talk to me," said Harry, who was feeling more and more nettled.
"Well, that was a bit stupid of you," said Ginny angrily, "seeing as you don't know anyone but me who's been possessed by You-Know-Who, and I can tell you how it feels."
Harry remained quite still as the impact of these words hit him. Then he wheeled around.
"I forgot," he said.

I found a small essay online which a Ginny/Harry fan wrote about their relationship, and since she absolutely reflected how I feel about that couple, I'm copying and pasting it for anyone interested in reading it.

Love Conquers All
By cwarbeck

First and foremost, I would like to say that never, in a million years, would I have thought that I would be writing so passionately about people who are entirely fictional. After the Half-Blood Prince and THE KISS, however, well'.I feel emboldened to ponder upon the magic that is Harry and Ginny.

What is it, about the world of Harry Potter that has enamored all of us? As of late, more and more of the magic seems to lie in the relationship of our brooding hero with his lady fair, Ginny Weasley. This love affair between Harry and Ginny has sparked off rabid debates for and against it. I firmly throw my support with those who are for it.

Mind you, JK Rowling did a pretty successful job in leading the readers away on the subject, throwing us red herrings here and there, with the mention of Hermione as a "girlfriend" of sorts during Book 4 and the whole Cho Chang fiasco.

For those who are still hoping that Harry and Hermione will somehow wind up in each others arms, it seems prudent to warn you to abandon this fruitless task. JK Rowling has said so herself on her site (I'm sorry but I can't remember where exactly and I am too lazy to check it out) that those who have to ask as to Hermione really likes between Harry and Ron, would just have to read the books all over again because apparently they have not been paying any attention at all. It also bears saying that the nature of the trio's friendship will make it impossible to have Hermione and Harry end up together. Ron was Harry's friend before Hermione came into the picture, and Harry would never get involved with Hermione when he knows perfectly well that his best friend fancies her. He may have a short temper, but this boy places a far higher value on friendship rather than romantic relationships. Wasn't his fear of losing Ron's friendship one of the main reasons that he hesitated to do anything about his feelings for Ginny? It was never mentioned in any of the books about Harry noticing Hermione in any particular light except as a friend, or rather as a combination friend/sister/teacher/mother. Thick as he was, there would be moments when Harry would share an amused glance with other people whenever his two best friends would start their peculiar mating ritual. Hermione and Ron were destined for each other, but that's another topic altogether.

Cho Chang on the other hand, did seem to pose a serious threat to Harry's undiscovered feelings for Ginny. Well, when you're fourteen and have just started noticing the other sex as something else than a source of cooties, it's only natural to be attracted to a pretty face. It would seem strange though that he didn't develop any crushes within his own house; he never even thought that Parvati Patil was pretty until someone pointed out that he had managed to ask one of the most attractive girls in the school to the Yule Ball. Cho was something like an elusive, exotic prize for him, being different from other girls, and outside his own house. Alas, as Dumbledore would have said, things are never easy for our hero; you would think that given his fame and status, Cho would have jumped at the chance to be his date, but Cedric apparently had one up on Harry ' devastatingly good looks, if rumors were to be believed. Add the fact that just as Cho was beginning to develop deep feelings for Cedric he conveniently dies, leaving the pain of lost love and missed opportunities. Jumping into another relationship with Harry so soon after that loss was just another case of love on the rebound ' something doomed from the start. That first kiss with Cho, well, it could have been better, right? I don't think the words several sunlit days were used to describe that particular kiss. I think the word actually used by Harry was wet, which conjures up images of saliva, drooling and ill-placed tongues. NOT romantic at all. Hardly appropriate for a life-changing event such as a First Kiss.

This brings us to the enigma that is Ginny Weasley. Ginny remained behind the scenes but just within Harry's peripheral vision. He could hardly completely forget her existence, being at the Burrow all the time, but their relationship traveled a subtler, deeper path. His awareness of Ginny started with the laughing, crying child on Platform 9 , to the hero-worshipping, wide-eyed, blushing girl in Book 2 whom he had to save from Voldemort, to someone only in the fringes in Books 3 and 4, and finally to the strong, confident and cool teenager in Books 5 and 6. It was only in Book 5 when we started getting hints as to how Harry's perception of Ginny had changed. He noticed, even through his Cho-induced fog after the Hog's Head meeting, that Hermione had said that Ginny had given up on him. He had his broody, angsty ego deflated when Ginny coolly pointed out that he wasn't the only one who had had close encounters with Voldemort. He confided only to her that he wanted to talk to Sirius. He worried about her getting hurt in the Department of Mysteries, shielding her from Bellatrix and becoming concerned over her broken ankle. In the beginning of Book 6, there are even broader hints that he was starting to take notice all right, the annoyance he felt when she went off to find Dean on the Hogwarts Express and when she went to Hogsmeade with Dean, the flowery scent that he had begun to associate with her presence, and he, being the thickheaded boy that he was only needed a good shock to release the roaring green-eyed monster that had never reared its head before even after seeing Cho with Michael Corner. The monster that had known all along that the one person with whom he could just be himself with had been under his nose (Amortentia, anyone?) all along. Catching Ginny kissing Dean in that supposedly deserted corridor was Fate - aka JK Rowling - showing him what was missing in his life: a chance for true happiness in the form of a red-headed, brown-eyed girl.

And that chance did come, in the form of The Kiss. That scene in the Gryffindor common room was for me, the defining moment of the whole book. It hinted at the possibility that after all the hardships our hero had experienced, maybe he would have a happy ending after all. Mind you, if it was anyone except Ginny, they would have probably given Harry the run-around first; make him pay back for all those years of heartache. But not Ginny, since she understood him and shared a special bond with him due to the events in the Chamber of Secrets, there was no need to waste anymore time and hide her true feelings for him. Ginny became, in the short amount of time that they had, his wellspring of something that his other friends Hermione and Ron could not offer him: love, support, comfort and understanding for simply being himself, for simply being Harry. We can only hope that even though Harry's "saving-people-thing" forced him to push her away for her supposed safety, Ginny will fight for her man and make him see that in order to win his battle with Voldemort, he will need all the love she can offer him. My feeling is that that was what the Prophecy was referring to when it mentions that Harry will have "the Power the Dark Lord Knows Not". Their love, as corny and as clich as it sounds, will eventually conquer all. 

I just thought I'd mention one thing. For sure, Ginny best fits for Harry's girlfriend/wife out of the series. But the reason you pointed out is only one aspect. Hermione and Luna understood Harry in different aspects that Ginny didn't, like the loss of a parent.
So Luna has been in a situation like Harry's, maybe not in the aspect you pointed out, but another all the same.

I only pointed out one aspect because it would take way too long to truly describe why Ginny and only Ginny was the perfect companion for Harry. Of course, there are things only friends can understand and support, and that's what makes them true friends. Luna and Hermione were two of Harry's greatest friends, and I'm sure he values them greatly (he did name his daughter after Luna), but a spouse is someone who understands you in every way, and knows you even better than your friends, and though Ginny was not a main character as much as Hermione, she grew up a lot in the series from the giggling blusing girl who had a crush on the "famous Harry Potter" to a mature responsible young woman who was not scared to fight in the war against Lord Voldemort. Ginny's connection to Lord Voldemort in the 2nd book enabled her to understand Harry the best later on, and since Harry's connection to Voldy was part of the main plotline in the book, this understanding enabled her to understand his full personality and still love him for it.

Also, I think Ginny understood Harry with the whole loss of a parent thing too, because she came pretty close to losing her dad in OotP, and had it not been for Harry, Arthur Weasley would have died. Also, she definitely understands the pain of losing a family member, whether it be parent or not, because of the death of Fred Weasley. Ginny hinted in the books that she had been pretty close to Fred and George, because she was quite mischevious herself, and I'm sure Fred's death affected her a lot.

cityoflights

IF-Veteran Member

cityoflights

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 8:53pm | IP Logged

Harry to Ginny:
"I forgot," he said.

Love Conquers All
By cwarbeck

I only pointed out one aspect because it would take way too long to truly describe why Ginny and only Ginny was the perfect companion for Harry. Of course, there are things only friends can understand and support, and that's what makes them true friends. Luna and Hermione were two of Harry's greatest friends, and I'm sure he values them greatly (he did name his daughter after Luna), but a spouse is someone who understands you in every way, and knows you even better than your friends, and though Ginny was not a main character as much as Hermione, she grew up a lot in the series from the giggling blusing girl who had a crush on the "famous Harry Potter" to a mature responsible young woman who was not scared to fight in the war against Lord Voldemort. Ginny's connection to Lord Voldemort in the 2nd book enabled her to understand Harry the best later on, and since Harry's connection to Voldy was part of the main plotline in the book, this understanding enabled her to understand his full personality and still love him for it.

Also, I think Ginny understood Harry with the whole loss of a parent thing too, because she came pretty close to losing her dad in OotP, and had it not been for Harry, Arthur Weasley would have died. Also, she definitely understands the pain of losing a family member, whether it be parent or not, because of the death of Fred Weasley. Ginny hinted in the books that she had been pretty close to Fred and George, because she was quite mischevious herself, and I'm sure Fred's death affected her a lot.

You seem to have forgotten I did add that line in thereEmbarrassed

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 8:54pm | IP Logged

Harry to Ginny:
"I forgot," he said.

Love Conquers All
By cwarbeck

You seem to have forgotten I did add that line in thereEmbarrassed

I know; I was only replying to the line where you said only Luna understood his loss of a parent.

vritikacullen

Groupbie

vritikacullen

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 11:51pm | IP Logged
yeah i think they both were a shock previously but we fans have adjusted 2 both of them...so now they seem super...atleast to me! LOL

Post Reply New Post

Go to top