Views

Users

Frequent Posters

RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 14 years ago
Hi Nandoo,

You're very welcome in the HP Forum. I hope you have a wonderful time here.πŸ˜ƒ

And I totally respect your opinion that Harry/Hermione should have been together, and though I don't agree with it, I hope we can have fun discussing out opinions. :)

Thanks for listing the reasons why you think Harry should have been with Hermione, but I personally felt that you didn't touch enough on the Harry/Ginny relationship. People dont' call Ginny brave or courageous because of the reasons you posted. She was a young girl in the first three books, and as Ron and Hermione did not show any feelings for each other until the fourth book, we can't judge Ginny for that. From the 5th book on, Ginny did many brave, courageous, selfless things that made her lovable for us Ginny fans. And none of those reasons were the ones you posted.

As for Hermione and Harry, the reasons you posted made many of us think of Hermione as a sister figure for Harry, because she was always closer to Harry than Ron in a sibling sort of way. As both Harry and Hermione were sibling-less kids, I felt they sort of bonded in a brother-sister fashion.
There was no evidence in the book where Harry thought of Hermione in a romantic way, while there were 'romantic' references to Cho and Ginny. And vice versa. There was never any place in the book where Hermione thought of Harry in a romantic way.

In Deathly Hallow, when Ron returns to Harry and Hermione, Harry tells Ron that Hermione was always like a sister to him.

Pg. 378 (US edition)

"After you left," he said in a low voice, grateful for the fact that Ron's face was hidden, "she cried for a week. Probably longer, only she didn't want me to see. There were loads of nights when we never even spoke to each other. With you gone..."
He could not finish; it was only now that Ron was here again that Harry fully realized how much his absence had cost them.
"She's like my sister," he went on, "I love her like a sister and I reckon she feels the same way about me. It's always been like that. I thought you knew."
Ron did not respons, but turned his face away from Harry and wiped his nose on his sleeve.
shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
@ Lalitha - When I think about Harry\Hermoine pairing that is actually the passage that comes to mind always.

Harry trying to let his best friend know that his love for Hermoine was purely brotherly. Also trying to let Ron know at the same time, that Haermoine was in love with Ron and had eyes for only him.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: shellytt

@ Lalitha - When I think about Harry\Hermoine pairing that is actually the passage that comes to mind always.

Harry trying to let his best friend know that his love for Hermoine was purely brotherly. Also trying to let Ron know at the same time, that Haermoine was in love with Ron and had eyes for only him.

Yeah, Ron and Hermione are a very sweet pair,😳 just like Harry and Ginny. I can't imagine them with anyone else.
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Hey Nandoo, nice to hear your opinions but I disagree.
I agree that Harry-Hermione would have made a great pair, IF JKR had decided to go for it, then she would have included that missing component of romantic/physical attraction as well. But it was evident that the purpose of of Hermione's as Harry's best friend was something more important. I know love starts from friendship, but love doesn't always have to be equal to friendship....it can only transform into romantic love if it goes beyond that. This last step just didn't happen with Harry-Hermione because they both had set their hearts on someone else. If you think realistically, Harry-Ginny and Ron-Hermione are very realistic couples, as in when you actually fall in love you don't go "okay let me count what he/she did for me and why he/she deserves my love"...you never think intellectually about them, it just happens and sometimes you can't even control it since it's such a powerful emotion. Hermione never thought intellectually about Ron...she just had feelings for him that's why she was able to forgive his weakness (and vice versa) And about all the things you mentioned as Hermione doing for Harry, she wasn't exclusively doing it for him because remember Harry's fate and fight with Voldemort isn't only about him, it's about ethics, morality, right and wrong and it includes the danger/safety of the whole wizarding world. She wasn't researching information only for Harry, she was proving herslef a good friend and a functioning part of the trio.😊
Nandoo thumbnail
Hey Lalitha and Khushboo ......

First of all Iam damn happy to see lovely ppl around here and to my surprise , both of your names relates to me in a loving way ....u knw....Lalitha is my sweet cousin's name , I call her Lalli( if u love it and permit me...thn i wanna call u wid tht name.....if u just likes it...otherwise no problem...) and Khushboo....my good friend from my schooling....(i just dont wnt to tell u wht i call her when we both fight.....i guess u might have got it.... :) :) JK JK )

Hmm coming to our topic..... Yeah Lalitha, i did feel like i didnt touch enough things about Ginny but wht to do......Loving constraint restricted me...he he he....towards Hermoine. As you posted the reference from the book that Harry feels/treats Hermoine as his sister, that is the place where i was devastated. I dont have words at all. I was just dumb struck. When I was reading the series, I got the 5th book wrong one, and when I started reading it, I felt soo different from the original one, coz there in that book the unknown-authour wrote Harry/Hermoine 's love, relationship. Might be it made me feel like that but still what all the things I listed down there in my previous post, they all seems like a person who loves's Harry can do it, for me.

Khushboo,  What all you said about Hermoine is correct, she is doing all the things and researching/colleting the information for not only Harry but for the sake of the entire Wizarding World. Harry needs a person some one like that in his life as his lifepartner , who can help him , who can stand by him in worst cases, who is having a very good knowledge which he needs, who cares for him, who can do things before he can think of asking that thing to do, whose brain and heart works when his own stops working(coz of the terrific things happening around him or by the ppl who made his brain not to work). So, the qualities which Harry needs in his LifePartner are all in Hermoine. So, again my conclusion is Harry/Hermoine forever and ever and ever.

If feel like JKR wanted to give Harry a family , a family which he craves for , a family which he sees and thinks of having such a family for him, a family where the mother whould be like Mrs.Weasley. So, by having all this in mind , JKR might have thought of giving Harry the family which he wants and wants Harry to be related to tht family in some means.....which ultimately turns into Harry/Ginny pair. Otherwise it wont happen ....right!!!!!!

If Harry/Hermoine becomes a pair, there wont be any family relationship with the Weasley's. Other chances which ultimately reaches the same point is Harry/Luna (cant imagine), Harry/Cho (huh!!! Forget it).
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: VirgoVixen

Hey Nandoo, nice to hear your opinions but I disagree.
I agree that Harry-Hermione would have made a great pair, IF JKR had decided to go for it, then she would have included that missing component of romantic/physical attraction as well. But it was evident that the purpose of of Hermione's as Harry's best friend was something more important. I know love starts from friendship, but love doesn't always have to be equal to friendship....it can only transform into romantic love if it goes beyond that. This last step just didn't happen with Harry-Hermione because they both had set their hearts on someone else. If you think realistically, Harry-Ginny and Ron-Hermione are very realistic couples, as in when you actually fall in love you don't go "okay let me count what he/she did for me and why he/she deserves my love"...you never think intellectually about them, it just happens and sometimes you can't even control it since it's such a powerful emotion. Hermione never thought intellectually about Ron...she just had feelings for him that's why she was able to forgive his weakness (and vice versa) And about all the things you mentioned as Hermione doing for Harry, she wasn't exclusively doing it for him because remember Harry's fate and fight with Voldemort isn't only about him, it's about ethics, morality, right and wrong and it includes the danger/safety of the whole wizarding world. She wasn't researching information only for Harry, she was proving herslef a good friend and a functioning part of the trio.😊

Right! Hermione is one of my very favorite characters in the series, but I don't prefer her as Harry's partner because I think Hermione/Ron are more natural and sweet.😳😍 I like the point you made about Hermione doing the things for the wizarding world in general, not only Harry.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nandoo

First of all Iam damn happy to see lovely ppl around here and to my surprise , both of your names relates to me in a loving way ....u knw....Lalitha is my sweet cousin's name , I call her Lalli( if u love it and permit me...thn i wanna call u wid tht name.....if u just likes it...otherwise no problem...) and Khushboo....my good friend from my schooling....(i just dont wnt to tell u wht i call her when we both fight.....i guess u might have got it.... :) :) JK JK )

Hmm coming to our topic..... Yeah Lalitha, i did feel like i didnt touch enough things about Ginny but wht to do......Loving constraint restricted me...he he he....towards Hermoine. As you posted the reference from the book that Harry feels/treats Hermoine as his sister, that is the place where i was devastated. I dont have words at all. I was just dumb struck. When I was reading the series, I got the 5th book wrong one, and when I started reading it, I felt soo different from the original one, coz there in that book the unknown-authour wrote Harry/Hermoine 's love, relationship. Might be it made me feel like that but still what all the things I listed down there in my previous post, they all seems like a person who loves's Harry can do it, for me.

Khushboo,  What all you said about Hermoine is correct, she is doing all the things and researching/colleting the information for not only Harry but for the sake of the entire Wizarding World. Harry needs a person some one like that in his life as his lifepartner , who can help him , who can stand by him in worst cases, who is having a very good knowledge which he needs, who cares for him, who can do things before he can think of asking that thing to do, whose brain and heart works when his own stops working(coz of the terrific things happening around him or by the ppl who made his brain not to work). So, the qualities which Harry needs in his LifePartner are all in Hermoine. So, again my conclusion is Harry/Hermoine forever and ever and ever.

If feel like JKR wanted to give Harry a family , a family which he craves for , a family which he sees and thinks of having such a family for him, a family where the mother whould be like Mrs.Weasley. So, by having all this in mind , JKR might have thought of giving Harry the family which he wants and wants Harry to be related to tht family in some means.....which ultimately turns into Harry/Ginny pair. Otherwise it wont happen ....right!!!!!!

If Harry/Hermoine becomes a pair, there wont be any family relationship with the Weasley's. Other chances which ultimately reaches the same point is Harry/Luna (cant imagine), Harry/Cho (huh!!! Forget it).

Hi Nandoo,
Course you can call me Lalli!πŸ˜ƒ My friend's cousin's name is Lalitha as well and everyone calls her Lalli.

I bolded one of the parts you wrote, because it's so true. JKR herself wrote that though Harry was an orphan, she wanted a 'family' for him throughout the series: someone who would support him throughout. However, that's not the only reason Harry had attractions for Ginny. Ginny was one of those immature flirty fan girls in the first two books, but as the books went on, she grew up along with Harry. She was less tense around him and became more friendly, more understanding of the boy who was Harry Potter and not the 'Boy who Lived'. She saw Harry for who he was, his personality, and she came to love him for his character, not his fame. She changed from a 'fan girl' to a valuable friend who stuck with Harry along with only a handful of others throughout the books. Ginny's change was what attracted her to Harry. He never before saw Ginny other than "Ron's little sister", but once she became her own person and did things which made her stick out, Harry came to love her for her personality.

I agree. If JKR had wanted Harry to end up with Hermione, she would have added romance into his interactions with her, but that would leave poor Ron out, wouldn't it?πŸ˜‰ And Ron and Hermione are such a sweet couple in my opinion. They were annoying at first, but I came to love their coupling in the 5th book.Of course, it's completely your opinion that you think Harry/Hermione are the best couple, and we respect that.😊
I do agree strongly with you that Harry/Luna and Harry/Cho (🀒) would not have been good. If Harry had not ended up with Ginny (who is my first choice for him), I'd much rather Hermione that Luna or Cho. (Not that I don't like Luna; she's just another sister figure. and I dispise Cho.)
wonkyfaint thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Nandoo

Aww that's nice😊...and hehehehe I got itπŸ˜‰ well that's what my friend threatens to call me when we fightπŸ˜†. About Harry-Hermione, I would like to say that doesn't what you said about them sound way too idealistic?πŸ˜‰ Sure, they are great friends but when you want roses you gotta accept the thorns. Think about this, even if Hermione helps Harry a LOT, does everything for him, IS he ready to accept her the way she is? (considering that he hates it when Hermione starts arguing or when her nagging nature comes into play) In contrast, not only is Ron ready to accept her argumentative side, they actually enjoy bickering with each other. On the other hand, Harry accepts the weaknessess and short-tempered-ness of Ginny because when you are in love, your weakness actually become adorable to your lover (sounds weird but it's really true in real life). Not only Harry accepts Ginny the way she is, he actually loves her for it. He appreciates her qualities like how she does NOT cry or become weak in adversities (Hermione starts crying...not saying that it's a bad thing to show your weakness...it's just NOT what Harry wants in his romantic partner). So I love the idealistic stuff you said about H/Hr as a couple but think realistically: Now that Voldemort is destroyed, would Harry want Hermione as his wife in a domestic setting? Would their married life be successful? Would they be able to discuss important couple issues without hiding things from each other? If some blunder occurs, would Hermione have the guts to debate with Harry like she does with Ron, or would she be afraid of Harry's temper (we all know his temperπŸ˜†)
And like Lalitha said, you left out poor Ron hehe. If H/Hr had gotten together, what would he have done? His worst fears were Hermione loving Harry, and that was one of the reasons he left them in DH. If Ron's worst fears had come true, what would have happenned to him? Would he be able to live/love anymore, face life anymore alone, without his true love Hermione?😳
Anyway, I just gave some of my opinions. If you really love H/Hr as a couple, I totally respect your oipnion.πŸ˜³πŸ€—
ShadowKisses thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3

Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Okay, I have just referred to the "Excess of Phlegm" chapter and you're right. Hermione does not call Fleur 'Phlegm", but she agreed with whatver Ginny said, which is just as "bad". [/quote]

The least that can be said is that Hermione is still less of the person to be at blame which doesn't completely reduce blame, but doesn't quite portray her to be as petty as Ginny either since Harry too agrees with Ginny's assessment of Fleur's character. Getting back to the point - Ginny mocks her future sister-in-law which does not reflect maturity. Not only is it puerile to mock someone because of their difficulties with language barriers, it is downright cruel to mock a guest.

Tani91 thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
^really great argument

but one thing I'd like to say...your argument about Gryffindors not getting penalized for their so called "arrogant" behavior.. JKR's writing is SUBJECTIVE towards the good people/characters in the book (aka Gryffindors) so obviously she will not create situtions in which Gryfindors are penalized...in a real world yes their actions would deserve severe punishments(esp Harry's use of Sectumsempra on Malfoy) BUT you must remember that HP was first wirrten as a children's book in mind..and one thing that is always relevant in a children's book is that good triumphs over evil...so unconsciously the readers dont penalize Ginny or Lee or Harry's actions simply because they represent the good side...and always take thir(meaning Ginny calling Fleur "phlegm" and running into Smith and Jordan's random commentary) as hysterical and not demoralizing.

and anywas this is a work of FANTASY FICIOTN written for children(well initially)....and JKR created it wonderfully so lets not spoil it by cover analyzing it and degrading the caracters because millions of HP fans love them the way they are!

just my two cents...no offence intended