• Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 15 years ago
Home   TV   'I want to have three daughters'

'I want to have three daughters'

Hina Khan aka Akshara of Yeh Rishta speaks out
By Trans World Features . Apr 11, 2009
Comments [ 0 ]   E-mail

Hina Khan may not be known by her real name. But it's a reality that all television stars have to live with. Better recognized as Akshara from Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai, Hina is looking forward to being part of Star Plus' Laadli Week. India Blooms correspondent Sreya Basu catches up with her.

What is Laadli Week celebration all about?

Laadli Week is an initiative of Star Plus to support and educate underprivileged girl-children across India. Through April 13 to April 17 there will be a series of fundraising and awareness creation events through promotions across Star Plus shows. The prime focus will be Sabki Laadli Bebo, a serial that celebrates the birth of a girl child. And the funds raised will go to support Project Nanhi Kali – an NGO of KC Mahindra Trust.

How are you involved with this project?

I am promoting the initiative through my serial Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai among other things.

Being a girl child, did you face any objections when you decided to get into this field?

Yes! But it wasn't so much from my parents as much as from my close relatives. Thankfully my parents stood by me. In fact even though Yeh Rishta is such a successful and popular serial, these people still criticise my parents and me! 

So what's your take on the problems of a girl child in India?

I think every parent should believe in their daughter and prepare her to face the world. Education is the only way out. And a girl child must be made self-dependent.

And we're assuming you'd want to have a daughter…

Yeah, actually two of them! And I'd like to adopt another one too...!

Source : Buzz18, India
She is so sweet:)
Thnxx for the article!!
awwww sho shweet
thanx 4 the article dear
very sweet....
thanx for the article....
Awh she's so sweet!
Adopting is such a good thing, good for her 😃
she is really sweet n good thought..thanx for sharing
I understand...conservative families don't like their daughters to work in TV or movies..their concern is not completely wrong.....but it's good that Hina's parents are so supportive of her and t hey have full confidence on her....relatives r useless, they have nothing better to do except gossip...

Edited by _charu_ - 15 years ago
OMG her views r sooooooooo sweeeeeeettt....THANK YOU very much 4 da article.....
thanks for the artical👏