Book Talk

LEAST Favorite Fictional Couples? (Page 4)

Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 5

Page 1 Page 3
Page   of 5
Page 5 Page 5

phenomenalgal

Groupbie

phenomenalgal

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 1:45pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by VirgoVixen

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

I hate it when the so called love had been shown to an excessive amount in the story...on that way the story no longer remains a love story, IMO. I mean love is something that we [readers] need to figure out from the character's personality, thoughts and actions, not something that is ought to be written on every single pages of the book so that the readers are forced to believe that "hmm yes these two characters really love each other".LOL 'sides, Love [to me] is something pure that deals with the soul of two individuals, not on someones "sparkling" look.Wink On that way Harry Potter is a way more matured love story (a true love story I might say) than any other book that only describes 'love' through how much one feels for another solely for his handsome looks.LOLThat's not the definition of true love in my opinion, of course!Embarrassed

Labib Big smile

I agree...the whole "dazzling" and "spakling" thing about Edward leaves me in splits. Confused I mean, that's called obsession not love...although I agree that part of love involves obssesion but that is not EQUAL to love. If a parallel is to be drawn with Bella's love for Edward then I would say it is like Romilda's Vane love towards HarryLOL And also the fact that Bella is ready to leave everything behind for Edward (even her studies etc.) is a bit scary...also at the age of 19 or something she is pregnant with his child...I mean seriouslyConfused

But that's the extent of their love. She can't wait to fit in and not have someone else take care of her. She wants to be the one taking care of, if not him, then at least herself. I see your point of view and she shows many signs of not wanting to change such as when she thinks about her parents. She can't bear to leave behind some of the people she is SO close to.
LOL...I'm not even 19 yet and that child thing scares me. She never wanted to be a mother and never thought she would have to be one. She made lemonade with the lemons that were tossed at her, though.
The mother part is the only one I truly understand...I think. Because the rest of it is crazy. I don't think I can ever love anyone so much or anything but I would NEVER abort a child, so in that sense I was with her. PLUS, they were married, so it wasn't like she was doing something wrong.
Even though I think that marriage is crazy at that young age...
Wow...I think I just contradicted myself.
But I think there's something to looking at both angles and not think of YOURSELF as the main character but think of her as Bella...it makes for an interesting read and a spectacular love story.

I don't think I offended you but, if I did, that wasn't my intention.

Take care! Smile

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "LEAST Favorite Fictional Couples? (Page 4)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 4:38pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

^ Ha Ha well said Virgo Vixen *claps*. Btw I love your avi!!

OH btw Labib I am KhushbooLOL...I just changed my username. Thanks for liking the avi.Embarrassed

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 4:41pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by phenomenalgal

[
But I think there's something to looking at both angles and not think of YOURSELF as the main character but think of her as Bella...it makes for an interesting read and a spectacular love story.

I don't think I offended you but, if I did, that wasn't my intention.

Take care! Smile

Oh no, I am not offended at all. I do understand your point although it's just that sometimes it's impossible to take fancy to a character irrespective of the fact that it's well-written/well-developed or not. I wasn't a fan of the couple Edward-Bella so it was just an opinion, TC.Smile

Edited by VirgoVixen - 26 April 2009 at 4:46pm

kabeeraspeaking

IF-Sizzlerz

kabeeraspeaking

Posted: 28 April 2009 at 7:55pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by shellytt

Jane and Mr. Rochester - I don't know why but that coupling was creepy. Probably had to to with the fact that I thought Mr. Rochester kept his insane wife a secret and had her locked up. 

THIS.

HPCRAZY

Goldie

HPCRAZY

Posted: 29 April 2009 at 2:39pm | IP Logged

Harry Potter & Cho ChangThumbs Down-For obvious reasons

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 30 April 2009 at 9:32am | IP Logged
Originally posted by HPCRAZY

Haha, totally agree with you there!LOL

phenomenalgal

Groupbie

phenomenalgal

Posted: 30 April 2009 at 10:45am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Originally posted by HPCRAZY

Haha, totally agree with you there!LOL

SAME HERE...I was SO mad when he first fell for her...hahaEmbarrassed

Ritika2025

Goldie

Ritika2025

Posted: 30 April 2009 at 12:27pm | IP Logged

I have to agree with all those who named Edward-Bella and Ron-hermione. They were just plain boring.

Other than them, Jane N Mr Rochester ( Was that even a love story) And Jacob And Nessie -Pedo wolf and vampire hybrid--- SERIOUSLY?????
(How can any twilight hater forget the worst finale in the history of books -Breaking Dawn)

Post Reply New Post

Go to top