Book Talk

LEAST Favorite Fictional Couples? (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 5

Page 1 Page 2
Page   of 5
Page 4 Page 5

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 12:11pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by redhotght

My least favourite would be Edward-Bella and Harry-Hermione(never been able to figure that one out.Confused) In general, I would say I dislike fictional romance that reads like a Harlequin romance novel (well not to say that I hate romance novels but if I am reading a good novel I expect the romance to believable and not rushed in any sort.) For me the longer the waiting time of the protagonists, it feels better when they actually get together. After, all one can't understand what's happiness if hasn't known dissapoinment. LOL

Yeah, Edward-Bella are one of the most boring couples out there, and though I don't hate Harry-Hermione, I don't prefer it. I'd rather Harry-Luna before Harry-Hermione, but for me, Harry-Ginny is first.Embarrassed

And I totally agree with you on the believability (did I spell that right?) part. One major reason I hated Twilight was because it was not believable. Harry Potter had romance like any teenager might experience, starting from a small crush to love after a few years. And the characters in it were strong, funny, intelligent, and interesting. You'd never bore reading about any of them. 

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "LEAST Favorite Fictional Couples? (Page 3)" in Book Talk forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 12:14pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by phenomenalgal

Haha...I think I'm going to be hated in this thread.

I like Edward-Bella, Ron-Hermione...SORRY!Embarrassed
I really don't know much about Ginny-Harry to say much.
I can't stand Elinor/Edward-->Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen--Just CANNOT stand that couple...ughhhh

Aww, don't worry. You have a right to like what you want.EmbarrassedBig smile No one will hate you for it.

And I read a bit of Sense and Sensibility, but found it a bit boring, nothing like Pride and Prejudice. I also enjoyed Mr. Knightley and Emma Woodhouse in Emma, Henry Tilney and Catherine Morland in Northanger Abbey, and I'm in the middle of Manfield Park right now but so far love the couple of Edmund Bertram and Fanny Price.EmbarrassedStar Jane Austen's a genius when it comes to romances, at least in most of her books. Like you said, S&S is a bit of a bore.

phenomenalgal

Groupbie

phenomenalgal

Posted: 17 April 2009 at 1:09pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Originally posted by phenomenalgal

Haha...I think I'm going to be hated in this thread.

I like Edward-Bella, Ron-Hermione...SORRY!Embarrassed
I really don't know much about Ginny-Harry to say much.
I can't stand Elinor/Edward-->Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen--Just CANNOT stand that couple...ughhhh

Aww, don't worry. You have a right to like what you want.EmbarrassedBig smile No one will hate you for it.

And I read a bit of Sense and Sensibility, but found it a bit boring, nothing like Pride and Prejudice. I also enjoyed Mr. Knightley and Emma Woodhouse in Emma, Henry Tilney and Catherine Morland in Northanger Abbey, and I'm in the middle of Manfield Park right now but so far love the couple of Edmund Bertram and Fanny Price.EmbarrassedStar Jane Austen's a genius when it comes to romances, at least in most of her books. Like you said, S&S is a bit of a bore.

Yeah, love Jane Austen...especially P&P, MP and NA...Emma was okay. I thought the beginning was a bit boring but it picks up later...Smile
Edmund and Fanny...wonderful couple. I like it. hehe.
Same with Henry and Catherine!! Tongue
I like your choice...
S&S kind of bored me and the couple...I just did NOT like it...ugh

dizzyonlemonade

IF-Rockerz

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 12:26am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 5:42pm | IP Logged
I also don't like Luna and Rolf Scamander in HP (who the heck is he?). If people thought Harry and Ginny were not developed, Luna's "relationship" with this so called Rolf was nill!

ElusiveDevotion

IF-Dazzler

ElusiveDevotion

Posted: 19 April 2009 at 8:49pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

I hate it when the so called love had been shown to an excessive amount in the story...on that way the story no longer remains a love story, IMO. I mean love is something that we [readers] need to figure out from the character's personality, thoughts and actions, not something that is ought to be written on every single pages of the book so that the readers are forced to believe that "hmm yes these two characters really love each other".LOL 'sides, Love [to me] is something pure that deals with the soul of two individuals, not on someones "sparkling" look.Wink On that way Harry Potter is a way more matured love story (a true love story I might say) than any other book that only describes 'love' through how much one feels for another solely for his handsome looks.LOLThat's not the definition of true love in my opinion, of course!Embarrassed

Labib Big smile

I agree...the whole "dazzling" and "spakling" thing about Edward leaves me in splits. Confused I mean, that's called obsession not love...although I agree that part of love involves obssesion but that is not EQUAL to love. If a parallel is to be drawn with Bella's love for Edward then I would say it is like Romilda's Vane love towards HarryLOL And also the fact that Bella is ready to leave everything behind for Edward (even her studies etc.) is a bit scary...also at the age of 19 or something she is pregnant with his child...I mean seriouslyConfused

shellytt

shellytt

Posted: 20 April 2009 at 6:56am | IP Logged
Jane and Mr. Rochester - I don't know why but that coupling was creepy. Probably had to to with the fact that I thought Mr. Rochester kept his insane wife a secret and had her locked up. 

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 26 April 2009 at 8:51am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Post Reply New Post

Go to top