Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

phenomenalgal thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

Haha...I think I'm going to be hated in this thread.

I like Edward-Bella, Ron-Hermione...SORRY!šŸ˜³
I really don't know much about Ginny-Harry to say much.
I can't stand Elinor/Edward-->Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen--Just CANNOT stand that couple...ughhhh
shellytt thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Mystery-

Hmm... there are two both from A Thousand Splendid Suns: Rasheed-Mariam, Rasheed-Laila.

I'm sure there are more that I can't think of right now.

-Mahi

P.S. awww.... I just love Ron-Hermione and Ginny šŸ˜³

Same here
muffins2waffles thumbnail
Originally posted by: phenomenalgal

I can't stand Elinor/Edward-->Sense and Sensibility by Jane Austen--Just CANNOT stand that couple...ughhhh

No you won't. Everyone has their opinions! Besides, Ron-Hermione is popular here. What are you talking about? :PšŸ˜†šŸ˜†
phenomenalgal thumbnail
Originally posted by: MusicalAiswarya

No you won't. Everyone has their opinions! Besides, Ron-Hermione is popular here. What are you talking about? :PšŸ˜†šŸ˜†

Thanks so much...that's sweet of you. Not many Edward-Bella fans here, though?

(Oh and I HAD to add this: Selena Gomez is one of the only girls on Disney/Family whom I can stand...I actually like her! šŸ˜Š)
Edited by phenomenalgal - 15 years ago
tapishh thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: -Mystery-

Hmm... there are two both from A Thousand Splendid Suns: Rasheed-Mariam, Rasheed-Laila.

I'm sure there are more that I can't think of right now.

-Mahi

P.S. awww.... I just love Ron-Hermione and Ginny šŸ˜³

Same here!! Well I didn't like Rasheed!!

I also don't like Mia and J.P pairing in The Princess Diaries!
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: redhotght

My least favourite would be Edward-Bella and Harry-Hermione(never been able to figure that one out.šŸ˜•) In general, I would say I dislike fictional romance that reads like a Harlequin romance novel (well not to say that I hate romance novels but if I am reading a good novel I expect the romance to believable and not rushed in any sort.) For me the longer the waiting time of the protagonists, it feels better when they actually get together. After, all one can't understand what's happiness if hasn't known dissapoinment. šŸ˜†

Yeah, Edward-Bella are one of the most boring couples out there, and though I don't hate Harry-Hermione, I don't prefer it. I'd rather Harry-Luna before Harry-Hermione, but for me, Harry-Ginny is first.šŸ˜³

And I totally agree with you on the believability (did I spell that right?) part. One major reason I hated Twilight was because it was not believable. Harry Potter had romance like any teenager might experience, starting from a small crush to love after a few years. And the characters in it were strong, funny, intelligent, and interesting. You'd never bore reading about any of them. 
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Originally posted by: phenomenalgal

Aww, don't worry. You have a right to like what you want.šŸ˜³šŸ˜ƒ No one will hate you for it.

And I read a bit of Sense and Sensibility, but found it a bit boring, nothing like Pride and Prejudice. I also enjoyed Mr. Knightley and Emma Woodhouse in Emma, Henry Tilney and Catherine Morland in Northanger Abbey, and I'm in the middle of Manfield Park right now but so far love the couple of Edmund Bertram and Fanny Price.šŸ˜³ā­ļø Jane Austen's a genius when it comes to romances, at least in most of her books. Like you said, S&S is a bit of a bore.
phenomenalgal thumbnail
Originally posted by: _LalithaJanaki_

Aww, don't worry. You have a right to like what you want.šŸ˜³šŸ˜ƒ No one will hate you for it.

And I read a bit of Sense and Sensibility, but found it a bit boring, nothing like Pride and Prejudice. I also enjoyed Mr. Knightley and Emma Woodhouse in Emma, Henry Tilney and Catherine Morland in Northanger Abbey, and I'm in the middle of Manfield Park right now but so far love the couple of Edmund Bertram and Fanny Price.šŸ˜³ā­ļø Jane Austen's a genius when it comes to romances, at least in most of her books. Like you said, S&S is a bit of a bore.

Yeah, love Jane Austen...especially P&P, MP and NA...Emma was okay. I thought the beginning was a bit boring but it picks up later...šŸ˜Š
Edmund and Fanny...wonderful couple. I like it. hehe.
Same with Henry and Catherine!! šŸ˜›
I like your choice...
S&S kind of bored me and the couple...I just did NOT like it...ugh
Lily Bart-Lawrence Selden-I reread House of Mirth the other day, and it brought back all of the memories I had of disliking Lawrence Selden fresh into my conscious. The way he conveniently disregards Lily during her time of need and his love for her, choosing to believe the worst, and leaving her to fend for herself in the cruel milieu of the high society of NYC . And then realizing how wrong he was when it is already too late. Edith Wharton is a lovely writer though, and this is my favorite Wharton novel. This book accurately shows the limited options for a woman of that time period in the late 19th century and the perils of associating in high society. How Selden is allowed to go on with his life while Lily must die for no good reason despite the fact that she has no debts left unpaid is a bitter pill to swallow.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
I also don't like Luna and Rolf Scamander in HP (who the heck is he?). If people thought Harry and Ginny were not developed, Luna's "relationship" with this so called Rolf was nill!