Debate Mansion
Debate Mansion

India-Forums

Your opinion on abortion (Page 6)

prat9 Senior Member
prat9
prat9

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 11:47pm | IP Logged
@_LalithaJanaki....Thanks!..glad to hear that you are also in favour of the right decision....

Originally posted by angie.4u

Originally posted by prat9

there should also be a law for such impetuous and immatured minds as to whether they are fit to become mothers in the first place!....
If you have the freedom and choice but not able to support and provide love to your child in the right direction then why give birth?!....do it at a time when you are ready and feel the time is right  
Valid point raised. Smile BTW just how many of the married couples in our country are mature, ready- financially & emotionally to take on the responsibilities of parenthood in the first place. Wink LOLGood question! ......well this applies to any other country as well (if you are referring to India only), then I guess the married couples will have to learn to assume their responsibilities through first hand experience....not much of a choice but they will ultimately learn the basic skills of parenthood naturally as all parents do.....and as for being financially able, it will all depend on other factors such as the couples's sense of wisdom and the foresight to think ahead in the future....afterall money alone can't be the decisive or important factor......you may not possess it now but you may have acquired that in the later stage of life....or as a responsible parent, it's your duty to see that you provide the basic needs for your child and family....that's my POV!Wink

rogna IF-Rockerz
rogna
rogna

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 3:46am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Originally posted by rongna

Originally posted by sandya_rao7

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

In the case of rape pregnancy, the father should not have any say if the woman decides to have an abortion, because he acted in one of the worst ways possible.

'Having a say' ? Where does the question of 'having a say' come from? .. I mean, if possible, the so-called 'father' [biologically] of the child should be put behind the bars (i.e. prison) hence the question whether he ought to have a say or not does not come up, on the first place.LOLSmile

@ Sandya Rao: 'Sin' is not the same as 'immoral' or 'unethical'. I'm not much into religionand scriptures thus I do not care about whether a particular act is a 'sin' or not. What matters to me is whether the act can be considered as morally acceptable or not.Embarrassed

see first of all idont believe in following each and everything written in the scriptures and all. if a thing is acceptable to me i will follw it. like abortion and were not there in that time i guess, so any thing written at that time i totally irrelavant. and there is nothing immoral in abortion or so no matter what the circumstances are bcoz as i said i dont think any one would go for it under normal circumstances. there has to be a reason for it. so its a personal issue.

the bold part answers u rogna

Many people go for abortion in normal circumstances also.Shocked Haven't you ever heard of women who got pregnant out of wedlock (I'm strongly against having intimate relationships before marriage, but that's another issue altogether), and simply aborted the baby because they "didn't mean to get pregnant" and didn't want the baby?
And how is aborting a baby not immoral? It is taking the life of another individual, which no one has a right to do. If a human being is killed by another human being, people call it immoral and they are punished, but doesn't the same apply for abortion. Someone is still taking the life of another individual.

@sandya rao: thanks for the explanation.

@LalithaJanaki: even though many people, many women who have intimate relationships even before marriages choose to give birth their babies and keep it despite their family's persuasion to abort them. but those people who got pregnant out of wedlock are not only those people who engage in intimate relationships without concensus, there are also those who were raped, molested and etc., usually those people who does not want to keep the baby feels because they are not ready to have a baby and for this responsibility or because they guys that they have relationships with do not want to have responsibility with the baby and married them.

I already wrote in my previous posts that abortion in the case of rape is justified.
i understand that in your previous posts you have said that the case of rape is justified however you said in your second latest post "how is aborting a baby not immoral? it is taking the life of another individual, which no one a right to do. if a human being is killed by another human being, people call it immoral and they are punished, but doesn't apply for abortion. someone is still taking the life of another individual." then you are creating a double standard because even though the child of the rape case is also another individual, another life and also an innocent soul. and immorality and morality depend on each individual. what is good for you might not be good for other and what is good for others might not be good for you. what is not good for you might be good for others and what is not good for others might be good for you.
..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 5:46am | IP Logged

For me, abortion is immoral. period. But I said it's justified in the case of a rape victim, because the rape victim has no power over what happened to her. Her life changes in a way she never wanted it to.

It's like murder. Murder is an extremely immoral act, but in the case of self-defense, it is justified.  Abortion too is like that. It is immoral except in certain circumstances.

And about how you said some people don't consider abortion as immoral. Well, some people don't consider murder as immoral either. Does that make it right? It's not about what people consider, but the fact that whatever you say to convince yourself, you are still taking the life of an individual, and if someone feels comfortable doing that, then obviously they will not consider it immoral.
_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 6:01am | IP Logged
Actually its not only a rape victim 's case which shud giv rise to such doubts of morality ! What about kids with genetic disorder ! Can aborting them B justified ? What about aborting for medical reasons too ? Is it not a case of choosing ones own life over another ? So is that moral or immoral. What about contraceptive failure ? The couple intended to prevent pregnancy but due to C F , baby is conceived though the parents never intended the conception. So abortion justified or not ?
Every case can B debated Smile
..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 6:58am | IP Logged
Originally posted by angie.4u

Actually its not only a rape victim 's case which shud giv rise to such doubts of morality ! What about kids with genetic disorder ! Can aborting them B justified ? That's a hard decision to make, but I feel that every kid should be given a chance to live life. After all, today's world has high technology and is very medically advanced. There are treatments for lots of genetic disorders, so I don't think abortion is right in the case of genetic disorders either. There is a very good chance that the genetic disorder the child has could be cured, and if not in the present day, sometime in the future. What about aborting for medical reasons too ? Is it not a case of choosing ones own life over another ? If you mean that if the mother's life is threatened, I also previously said that it is justified in that case also. It would be very hard for the father to bring up the child himself, and also, the pain of losing his wife would come in the way of giving his child a good upbringing. So is that moral or immoral. What about contraceptive failure ? The couple intended to prevent pregnancy but due to C F , baby is conceived though the parents never intended the conception. So abortion justified or not ? In all cases of contraceptive failure, I am strongly against abortion. Yes, the couple never meant to conceive, but it is not right to take the life of another being simply because pregnancy was 'not meant to happen'. Something people need to keep in mind is that no contraceptive is 100% dependable. There will always be that small chance that the woman may get pregnant. A small chance, yes, but a chance nonetheless, and so the couple has to keep in mind that the woman may get pregnant, and if they still go along with it and the woman gets pregnant, they should either keep the child or give it up for adoption. That's the responsible thing to do. Abortion should not be an option in this case. 
Every case can B debated SmileSure it can; and that's what this thread is for.Smile
rogna IF-Rockerz
rogna
rogna

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 5:01pm | IP Logged

@lalitha janaki. you said that some people consider that murder are not immoral. can you give example of sane people who consider murder that are not immoral and not the murderer themselves. and also not the killing in case of war.

Edited by rongna - 13 April 2009 at 5:02pm
angelic_devil IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 5:51pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
angelic_devil IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 5:57pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Go to top