Your opinion on abortion (Page 5)

..RamKiJanaki.. IF-Stunnerz
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 2:18pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

In the case of rape pregnancy, the father should not have any say if the woman decides to have an abortion, because he acted in one of the worst ways possible.

'Having a say' ? Where does the question of 'having a say' come from? .. I mean, if possible, the so-called 'father' [biologically] of the child should be put behind the bars (i.e. prison) hence the question whether he ought to have a say or not does not come up, on the first place.LOLSmile

@ Sandya Rao: 'Sin' is not the same as 'immoral' or 'unethical'. I'm not much into religionand scriptures thus I do not care about whether a particular act is a 'sin' or not. What matters to me is whether the act can be considered as morally acceptable or not.Embarrassed

see first of all idont believe in following each and everything written in the scriptures and all. if a thing is acceptable to me i will follw it. like abortion and were not there in that time i guess, so any thing written at that time i totally irrelavant. and there is nothing immoral in abortion or so no matter what the circumstances are bcoz as i said i dont think any one would go for it under normal circumstances. there has to be a reason for it. so its a personal issue.

the bold part answers u rogna

Many people go for abortion in normal circumstances also.Shocked Haven't you ever heard of women who got pregnant out of wedlock (I'm strongly against having intimate relationships before marriage, but that's another issue altogether), and simply aborted the baby because they "didn't mean to get pregnant" and didn't want the baby?
And how is aborting a baby not immoral? It is taking the life of another individual, which no one has a right to do. If a human being is killed by another human being, people call it immoral and they are punished, but doesn't the same apply for abortion. Someone is still taking the life of another individual.
angelic_devil IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 3:01pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.
rogna IF-Rockerz
rogna
rogna

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 5:07pm | IP Logged

In the case of rape pregnancy, the father should not have any say if the woman decides to have an abortion, because he acted in one of the worst ways possible.

'Having a say' ? Where does the question of 'having a say' come from? .. I mean, if possible, the so-called 'father' [biologically] of the child should be put behind the bars (i.e. prison) hence the question whether he ought to have a say or not does not come up, on the first place.LOLSmile

@ Sandya Rao: 'Sin' is not the same as 'immoral' or 'unethical'. I'm not much into religionand scriptures thus I do not care about whether a particular act is a 'sin' or not. What matters to me is whether the act can be considered as morally acceptable or not.Embarrassed

see first of all idont believe in following each and everything written in the scriptures and all. if a thing is acceptable to me i will follw it. like abortion and were not there in that time i guess, so any thing written at that time i totally irrelavant. and there is nothing immoral in abortion or so no matter what the circumstances are bcoz as i said i dont think any one would go for it under normal circumstances. there has to be a reason for it. so its a personal issue.

Many people go for abortion in normal circumstances also.Shocked Haven't you ever heard of women who got pregnant out of wedlock (I'm strongly against having intimate relationships before marriage, but that's another issue altogether), and simply aborted the baby because they "didn't mean to get pregnant" and didn't want the baby?
And how is aborting a baby not immoral? It is taking the life of another individual, which no one has a right to do. If a human being is killed by another human being, people call it immoral and they are punished, but doesn't the same apply for abortion. Someone is still taking the life of another individual.

@sandya rao: thanks for the explanation.

@LalithaJanaki: even though many people, many women who have intimate relationships even before marriages choose to give birth their babies and keep it despite their family's persuasion to abort them. but those people who got pregnant out of wedlock are not only those people who engage in intimate relationships without concensus, there are also those who were raped, molested and etc., usually those people who does not want to keep the baby feels because they are not ready to have a baby and for this responsibility or because they guys that they have relationships with do not want to have responsibility with the baby and married them.

prat9 Senior Member
prat9
prat9

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 5:08pm | IP Logged

IMO i feel abortion is right only when the circumstances are extreme...let's say for example if the girl or woman has been raped and under already such strenuous violations of not only of the body but of the mind and soul, I don't think any human being will be in a state of being to carry the burden of the unborn child for nine months let alone give birth and nurture the child later on.....unless it's the choice of the victim....afterall SHE has the right to choose....and other situations will depend on the baby's development or mother's critical health....these are very complex and the decision scale for abortion can only be weighed by the mother, doctors and/or father at that crucial time.....it's not easy to judge then but to do what is right with the full concerned focus on the mother and child!...

Young teens or even older women getting pregnant for the heck of it or by accident due to irresponsible behaviours on their sides are definitely not in my list of reasons to attribute them with the right of aborting the child........ and if this practice is allowed then there should also be a law for such impetuous and immatured minds as to whether they are fit to become mothers in the first place!....

If you have the freedom and choice but not able to support and provide love to your child in the right direction then why give birth?!....do it at a time when you are ready and feel the time is right before the body's biological clock ticked away for good........

Abortion to me may not necessarily mean a sin but certainly a crime especially if the motives behind it are senseless and baseless....a mere sudmission to the human's vices!...
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 8:04pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rongna

@sandya rao: thanks for the explanation.

@LalithaJanaki: even though many people, many women who have intimate relationships even before marriages choose to give birth their babies and keep it despite their family's persuasion to abort them. but those people who got pregnant out of wedlock are not only those people who engage in intimate relationships without concensus, there are also those who were raped, molested and etc., usually those people who does not want to keep the baby feels because they are not ready to have a baby and for this responsibility or because they guys that they have relationships with do not want to have responsibility with the baby and married them.

I already wrote in my previous posts that abortion in the case of rape is justified.
..RamKiJanaki..
..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 8:05pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by prat9

IMO i feel abortion is right only when the circumstances are extreme...let's say for example if the girl or woman has been raped and under already such strenuous violations of not only of the body but of the mind and soul, I don't think any human being will be in a state of being to carry the burden of the unborn child for nine months let alone give birth and nurture the child later on.....unless it's the choice of the victim....afterall SHE has the right to choose....and other situations will depend on the baby's development or mother's critical health....these are very complex and the decision scale for abortion can only be weighed by the mother, doctors and/or father at that crucial time.....it's not easy to judge then but to do what is right with the full concerned focus on the mother and child!...

Young teens or even older women getting pregnant for the heck of it or by accident due to irresponsible behaviours on their sides are definitely not in my list of reasons to attribute them with the right of aborting the child........ and if this practice is allowed then there should also be a law for such impetuous and immatured minds as to whether they are fit to become mothers in the first place!....

If you have the freedom and choice but not able to support and provide love to your child in the right direction then why give birth?!....do it at a time when you are ready and feel the time is right before the body's biological clock ticked away for good........

Abortion to me may not necessarily mean a sin but certainly a crime especially if the motives behind it are senseless and baseless....a mere sudmission to the human's vices!...

Well said! Your post reflects my opinion exactly!Clap
return_to_hades IF-Veteran Member
return_to_hades
return_to_hades

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 8:07pm | IP Logged
If Trojan failed, try Spartan. Thank God! I'm a heathen.
_Angie_ IF-Rockerz
_Angie_
_Angie_

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 10:54pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by prat9

there should also be a law for such impetuous and immatured minds as to whether they are fit to become mothers in the first place!....
If you have the freedom and choice but not able to support and provide love to your child in the right direction then why give birth?!....do it at a time when you are ready and feel the time is right  
Valid point raised. Smile BTW just how many of the married couples in our country are mature, ready- financially & emotionally to take on the responsibilities of parenthood in the first place. Wink LOL

Go to top