Post Reply New Post

Page 4 of 21

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 8:12am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

Okay, I've one question to the people who do NOT support abortion under normal circumstance. Would you be willing to allow the mother to abort her child, if she had been raped?Though the situation isn't life threatning (not in the medicalsense a least!), the effect of giving birth to a child of the person whohad raped you might be devastating for a woman, no matter how strong she is. Would you be willing to allow abortion on that circumstance, then?

Asking, cause I myself dunno what to say there. I think its fair for the girl to abort her child, instead of giving birth to a rape child, and bringing nothing but miseries to her and her child's life ... but then again, I am not for abortion as long as the mother can be kept alive ... so really confused.

So what would you say for that?

i dont think the father of that child will want to have any say in such a case. so it will be entirely the girls decision.  and i agree with u the girl should not keep the child for hers as well as the child's sake.

In the case of rape pregnancy, the father should not have any say if the woman decides to have an abortion, because he acted in one of the worst ways possible. It is totally up to the woman in that case. If the woman feels that she has the psychological strength to bring up her child and has the support of her friends and family, then good for her. I really admire her, but if she does not feel psychologically well, as in most rape cases, then she should not be blamed for aborting her child.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Your opinion on abortion (Page 4)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 8:15am | IP Logged

Thanks Lalitha for clarifying about the 'sin' concept in Hindusim, which I have always found to be rather difficult to understand. You're welcome. Plus, I liked your point about adoption. Now that I think of it, it is a very well method/system/way of preventing the youth generation from having an abortion without a second thought; in addition, it is also gonna help the people who wanted a child for long ...Tongue Yeah, I am a big supporter of Adoption replacing abortion. It may be hard for a woman to carry a baby for 9 months and then give it away to someone else, but itsn't it better than killing the baby?

@Sandya Rao: I do not think you've got me correct. I wasn't talking about 'who should have the right to decide about abortion, mother or father' thing. I was talking of a situation where a woman had been raped; and if a womanhad been rapred, I don't see how the 'father' can be the one making the decision. Imean the 'father'  doesn't even enter the picture. My question was that if a girl had been raped, would you be willing to let her abort her child, or would you (assuming you consider abortion to be immoral and unethical in normal circumstance) consider it as a crime, like before? Or at least, would aborting be an 'immoral' thing, even then [in such a situation].Smile

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 8:22am | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 8:36am | IP Logged

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 9:35am | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

@Sandya Rao: I do not think you've got me correct. I wasn't talking about 'who should have the right to decide about abortion, mother or father' thing. I was talking of a situation where a woman had been raped; and if a womanhad been rapred, I don't see how the 'father' can be the one making the decision. Imean the 'father'  doesn't even enter the picture. My question was that if a girl had been raped, would you be willing to let her abort her child, or would you (assuming you consider abortion to be immoral and unethical in normal circumstance) consider it as a crime, like before? Or at least, would aborting be an 'immoral' thing, even then [in such a situation].Smile
as it is i dont consider abortion a sin or anything like that. and certainly in these kind of situations it is a perfectly Rational step. Smile
sandya_rao7 why don't you think that abortion is a sin or immoral thing??

rogna

IF-Rockerz

rogna

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 9:43am | IP Logged
Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

Thanks Lalitha for clarifying about the 'sin' concept in Hindusim, which I have always found to be rather difficult to understand. You're welcome. Plus, I liked your point about adoption. Now that I think of it, it is a very well method/system/way of preventing the youth generation from having an abortion without a second thought; in addition, it is also gonna help the people who wanted a child for long ...Tongue Yeah, I am a big supporter of Adoption replacing abortion. It may be hard for a woman to carry a baby for 9 months and then give it away to someone else, but itsn't it better than killing the baby? 
but you know many people who abort their child feel guilty afterwards of few years after they had the abortion, they will think why did i do what i did. even people who gave up their child for adoption instead of terminating the pregnancy will also regret it in the future. and when they 'realized' their so-called mistake and want to make up to it and want the child back or at least allowed some connection and relationship with the child, then it will be troublesome to the adoptive parents and the biological parents. first they don't want the child but after their so called regrets they want the child back. if the child was still young enough and does not understand anything and if the biological parents won the claim of custody on the child, then the adoptive parents will be disadvantaged and hurt because the child that they have considered as their own child are taken away from them.

@Sandya Rao: I do not think you've got me correct. I wasn't talking about 'who should have the right to decide about abortion, mother or father' thing. I was talking of a situation where a woman had been raped; and if a womanhad been rapred, I don't see how the 'father' can be the one making the decision. Imean the 'father'  doesn't even enter the picture. My question was that if a girl had been raped, would you be willing to let her abort her child, or would you (assuming you consider abortion to be immoral and unethical in normal circumstance) consider it as a crime, like before? Or at least, would aborting be an 'immoral' thing, even then [in such a situation].

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 10:46am | IP Logged

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 2:13pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by rongna

Originally posted by _LalithaJanaki_

but you know many people who abort their child feel guilty afterwards of few years after they had the abortion, they will think why did i do what i did. even people who gave up their child for adoption instead of terminating the pregnancy will also regret it in the future. and when they 'realized' their so-called mistake and want to make up to it and want the child back or at least allowed some connection and relationship with the child, then it will be troublesome to the adoptive parents and the biological parents. first they don't want the child but after their so called regrets they want the child back. if the child was still young enough and does not understand anything and if the biological parents won the claim of custody on the child, then the adoptive parents will be disadvantaged and hurt because the child that they have considered as their own child are taken away from them.
Yes, but isn't it still better than taking the life of an innocent living being? I agree that adoption may cause complications, but it's heck of a lot better than abortion.

@Sandya Rao: I do not think you've got me correct. I wasn't talking about 'who should have the right to decide about abortion, mother or father' thing. I was talking of a situation where a woman had been raped; and if a womanhad been rapred, I don't see how the 'father' can be the one making the decision. Imean the 'father'  doesn't even enter the picture. My question was that if a girl had been raped, would you be willing to let her abort her child, or would you (assuming you consider abortion to be immoral and unethical in normal circumstance) consider it as a crime, like before? Or at least, would aborting be an 'immoral' thing, even then [in such a situation].

Post Reply New Post

Go to top