Your opinion on abortion (Page 3)

Post Reply New Post

Page 3 of 21

sonur15

IF-Rockerz

sonur15

Posted: 10 April 2009 at 9:24pm | IP Logged
Originally posted by sandya_rao7

It entirely depends upon the situation whether the man should have a say in abortion or not. but if it is fatal to a women's health then she has the right to abortion even if the man does not agree.

Totally agree with u on this...If a man really loves his woman then i  dont think he  can risk her life but if he doesn't then she should make her own decision. Otherwise man has equal right so what if he is not carrying a baby.

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Your opinion on abortion (Page 3)" in Debate Mansion forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 10 April 2009 at 10:31pm | IP Logged
THE ACCOUNT OF THE MEMBER WHO POSTED THIS MESSAGE HAS BEEN TEMPORARILY BANNED.

If you think this is an error please Contact us.

_Angie_

IF-Rockerz

_Angie_

Posted: 10 April 2009 at 10:59pm | IP Logged

There can be many reasons for wanting to resort to abortion. Mostly done for medical or social reasons. Medical reasons include harm to mothers health on account of continuation of pregnancy eg mother suffering from cardiac disoder, OR harm to baby due to any genetic disorder, infection . Social causes like unwanted pregnancy, rape victim, failure of contraceptives . As per the Medical termination of Pregnancy Act in India it is legal for a woman to get an abortion under such circumstances by a qualified doctor in a hospital licensed  for the purpose. Mothers consent is enough to carry it out.

Abortion just on the basis of sex determination is illegal.

I don't think anyone should have any objection if an abortion is done on account of medical reasons. As for the social reasons too I feel it should be the mothers personal decision .If she feels unable due to bring up the child in a proper way due to any reason then it is better to go for abortion then to create miseries for herself & her child .

If married then , ideally the husband should be taken into confidence as his support wud B desirable in the post abortion period of emotional trauma.

Abortion though safe when conducted by qualified doctors can still have complications sometimes & should not B taken lightly. Better use contraceptives. As for pre marital pregnancies it is best to practice some restrain in the first place then get into problems of unwanted pregnancies.

As for religion- we ought to remember that it was made for the good of the people & not to enslave them. If the health of a person is compromised it is better to listen to ones common sense then blindly follow the dictates of any religion.

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 April 2009 at 8:37am | IP Logged

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 11 April 2009 at 9:03am | IP Logged

..RamKiJanaki..

IF-Stunnerz

..RamKiJanaki..

Posted: 11 April 2009 at 11:52am | IP Logged
Originally posted by PhoeniXof_Hades

My view on abortion: The most sadistic and inhumane crime/sin ever (excluding abnormal circumstances). IMO, abortion (without any life threatning situation and other abnormal circumstances) = murder. Even worse than it, actually.

Is it right or wrong: Morally and ethically wrong; however, legally...i cannot say. With the number of countries that had legalized abortion, it doesn't seem that abortion can be termed as legally wrong.

Can abortionbe done in specific situations? If so, then when: Only if the mother's life is threatened. Otherwise its a big NO from my side. Completely agree with you here. If the mother's life is threatened, then abortion is justified in my opinion, but if someone is irresponsible and an unwanted pregnancy occurs, abortion is wrong because the baby is not to blame for the situation, but the parents. Also, I think abortion is justified when a woman is raped, because the woman never asked for it and though the baby is still a baby, the woman may go through pyschological suffering, and bringing up the baby would be hard. I have a question to the people who justify abortion by saying "if the child suffers more, then it is better for him tobe aborted than come into a world full of hatred" -- if, let's say, the mother was incapable of aborting her child (without getting killed herself) due to medical reason (like I've heard abortion cannot be done four or five months after the pregnancy as it becomes dangerous to the mother's health) then should the child be KILLEDafter he has been born, that is after he had come into the world and took his first breath? Would you feel that it is stilljustified for the mother to kill her child (after it had been born) so that it doesn't need to suffer any more in his life?

Who should make the decisionof abortion: Both the husband and the wife has the equal right to make their decision (in case of abnormal circumstance, where aborting the child is necessary). It's not the man's fault that he was created in such a way that he cannot get pregnant. Both of them should have say in their life's decision.However, nne can force the other to do anything. Agree with you 100% here.

Are there anyalternatives to abortion: Why not? Why get pregnant when you know you do not or cannot raise the children? Why were protections and birth control pills created? Why not use them,instead of procreating a lifeand then cold bloodedly murdering it? (Note: I'm talking of both the male and the demale here). Also agree with you here; why create a life when it is unwanted? There is a thing called responsibility that our society needs to learn more. Also, another alternative to abortion is adoption. There couples out there who really want children but cannot conceive. If somone does not want their baby, they could give it up for adoption after it is born so that it could grow up in a place where it would be loved and cared for.

Is it religiously wrong: Yes (as far as I know).

Should it be legalized: Why not. Yeah legalize it. But IMO, firstly all outlawed things as murder,killing, manslaughter, etc needs tobe legalized, too, right? It has to be fair for both the sides.Tongue It cannot be that in a country murderers will be hanged in jail, but people would be freely be able to abort their own part (under normal circumstances, again) without any hesitation.

Btw, is there anything as 'sin' in Hinduism? As far as I'm aware of, hindus believe in re-incarnation, and not hell/heaven. So follwoing that logic there isn't suppose to be anything as sin in Hinduism (reason being, sin, by definition, involves suffering in hell for the evil deeds that you have done in this world). 'Sin' in Hindusim has a different definition than other religions. And yes, Hindus do believe in Hell(Narak)/Heaven (Indra Lok, Brahma Lok, etc), but the circumstances in which a person goes to either Heaven or Hell differ from other religions. However, I won't go into too much description about that since it does not pertain to the subject here. Sin in Hindusim is basically "Bad Karma". In Hindu scriptures, the Vedas to be exact, it says that the act of aborting a child is one of the worst Karmas a person could do and they would suffer many lives to atone for it.
Please correct me on that.Embarrassed

My own opinion Big smile

angelic_devil

IF-Rockerz

Requested selfban

Posted: 11 April 2009 at 10:12pm | IP Logged

Beyond_the_Veil

IF-Sizzlerz

Posted: 12 April 2009 at 6:02am | IP Logged

Post Reply New Post

Go to top