Page   of 2
Page 2 Page 2

cuty2sweety

Goldie

cuty2sweety

Posted: 08 April 2009 at 4:34pm | IP Logged
Asal launched in a grand manner!
By Moviebuzz | Wednesday, 08 April , 2009, 12:46

It can't get bigger than this. It was the mother of all launches in recent times.

Superstar Rajinikanth himself came and switched on the camera at a function for 'Ultimate Star' Ajit's new action adventure Asal produced by Sivaji Productions and directed by Saran.

The launch took place today (April 8) morning at 9.30 am at Annai Illam, the house the legend Sivaji Ganesan built at Boag Road in T.Nagar in Chennai, where his sons Ram Kumar and Prabhu lives. Says Prabhu: " It is our tradition to have pooja launches of our films at Annai Illam. We get the feel Appa and Amma are watching us and giving their blessing."

Remember the superstar's biggest hit Chandramukhi was produced by Sivaji Productions. Rajinikanth who is very close to the Sivaji family said it his duty to come for the pooja and wished Ajit and the unit of Asal all the best.

Among the celebrities who attended the function include Surya, Sathyaraj, Karthi, veteran director K.Balachandar, P.Vasu, Santhana Bharathy, Raja, Dharani, Vishnu Vardhan, producers A.V.M Saravanan and his son M.S Guhan, Soundarya Rajinikanth, Kalaipuli Dhanu, Editor Mohan, poet Vairamuthu and others.

The entire Boag Road was full of cut-out's, posters and banners put up by Ajit fans who were present in large number. Thalai wearing white silk dhoti and shirt, spotting a rough and rugged look with his Virumandi -style moustache, Platinum ear studs was super macho.

As Saran the director of the film said- "Thalai illanna, naan illa Right from my first film, I have bonded with him and there is some kind of understanding between us which has worked wonders for our films together".

The shoot of this action adventure will start in full swing from May 4 in Chennai. The film has Ajit, Sameera Reddy in the lead along with Prabhu doing a cameo. Lyrics by Vairamuthu are tuned by Bharadwaj for whom it is his 50th film.

The screenplay is written by Yuhi Sethu, camera by Prasanth D.Misale, Editing by Antony. Ajit's costumes in the film are being designed by Chennai based designer Vivek Karunakaran. Asal will be a Diwali 2009 release.

The views expressed in the article are the author's and not of Sify.com.

Link: http://sify.com/movies/tamil/fullstory.php?id=14879557

The following 1 member(s) liked the above post:

Caryn

Dear Guest, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "ASAL - Movie Launch" in Kollywood Masala forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW!

Caryn

IF-Rockerz

Caryn

Posted: 08 April 2009 at 8:24pm | IP Logged
Thanks Cuty.

Bother....... is it going to be another of Ajit's action packed movie like Red, Jana, etc.  I am getting bored with Ajith's movie.  Same old stories without substance. :(

Why could not he find movies with diff theme.  it is not like his acting is bad like Vijay's that he has to depend on action stunts only.

cuty2sweety

Goldie

cuty2sweety

Posted: 09 April 2009 at 10:44am | IP Logged
Originally posted by Caryn

Why could not he find movies with diff theme. it is not like his acting is bad like Vijay's that he has to depend on action stunts only.

Caryn-I think hes stuck with his image -in the sense his fans mite not like diff themed movies and sadly even for a out n out commercial movie-all his attempts failed Ouch Ouch

Aahaana

Global Moderator

Aahaana

IF General Sections

Posted: 09 April 2009 at 3:33pm | IP Logged

Ajith-Saran have so fare come up with actions ventures and it have worked out good for them until now...I think kadhal mannan was a exception as it was a romantic one.

I wish thala all the best, he badly need a hit movie after Aegan flop.

@Cuty - agreed with you..he is stucked up with his image but i do hope he will try out other conceptsSmile

Meena.IF

IF-Dazzler

Meena.IF

Posted: 09 April 2009 at 11:15pm | IP Logged
All the best for thala...

whole hearted wishes...

Dits

Goldie

Dits

Posted: 13 April 2009 at 1:16am | IP Logged
He's got to keep up to the expectations of hi fans...of those fans who cudn't accept a movie like Kireedom!!

Shalini's looking sweet!Tongue

Vani19

IF-Rockerz

Vani19

Posted: 14 April 2009 at 7:38pm | IP Logged
Thanks cuty. all the best to Ajith

-Divyaa-

IF-Sizzlerz

-Divyaa-

Posted: 29 April 2009 at 6:14am | IP Logged
so whos the herione i heard it is sameera reddy ,i hope not i would like some one prettier what do you guys think?

Post Reply New Post

Go to top