Chat Clubs

Not So Obsessed MJHT fans #7!!! - Page 3

-Faith- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 15 years ago
This content was originally posted by: nureat01

Ooooh Zainu, you're in Lahore??? My ancestral village is supposed to be near Lahore :D Papa says we'll go there one day to see it :-)

Oh wowwwwwwww really!!! Youuuuu SHOULD totally come!!.. Waisay bhi jin'nay Lahore nay takya o jamya nahi๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† I m not just saying coz I live here and absolutely love this city but its totally worth a visit!... :-)
Another common thing woohoo!
Edited by -Faith- - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2

Zainab - Ooh, I've always wanted to visit Lahore ... I heard it's really pretty.

Anu - Ancestral village? Sounds cool ... maybe you can pull a Swades and visit the place, lol.
Edited by sarah1024 - 15 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
LOL....I love that line! "Jine Lahore nahin takiya, oh jamya nahin"....hehehe

I will surely try one day yaar! Our family was all from there only but migrated during partition....that's when my grandfather moved to Gurdaspur in Punjab.
Edited by nureat01 - 15 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: sarah1024

Anu - Ancestral village? Sounds cool ... maybe you can pull a Swades and visit the place, lol.

LOL....my 'Swades' happens when I go to India and back to my hometown there only yaar๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†....that's when I get all senti like Mohan๐Ÿ˜†....Lahore will be more about fascination and discovery since I haven't ever really been there before๐Ÿ˜‰.

I think most Punjabis have ancestory on either side of the border since Punjab was the biggest state back then....I know of a lot of Pakistanis whose hometowns used to be India Punjab now.
-Faith- thumbnail
Hehehe me too just love that line.... Lahore Lahore ae one too there was even a song on it LOL might classify close to ghaati but it was more like paindu but funny!

Awww hehe Sarah@ pulling a swades...hehehehe
And ya its a beautiful city... Full of life.. or atleast used to be.. they say Lahoris ka dil kaheen aur nahi lagta... which is so true... whenever I go out of city.. I m like *cry* humara rush humari gandi traffic๐Ÿ˜† LOL.. It also has quite few historical and other tourist attraction kinda places...:-)

Awww so u moved to Gurdaspur... Well Last to Last yr we went to a short trip to Delhi.. and had a stop at Amritsar... crossed border by foot went by road to Amritsar and caught the train from there... so the different cities like Ambala and Patiala etc came in btwn we dint stop tho *cry* really wanted to stay on for more and visit properly!

Wud love to visit a village.. Infact even yehan pay I havent been to my own village .. no one lives there... but my maternal village... I went once...but dint experience the whole pind wali feel as such.. wud love to tho! :-)

You are right abt the ancestral villages on either side... lots of ppl do..
Edited by -Faith- - 15 years ago
sarah1024 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Anu - Totally agree about Punjabis having ancestory on either side of Punjab. I'm not one myself, but a few of my Indian/Pakistani friends say their grandparents were originally from the other side of the border.

Aww, you had your Swades in your hometown? Nice! I had mine when I went back to visit Dubai in 2005, lol. 

Zainab - It's nice how much Lahore's citizens love the place. I've only seen it on TV and stuff ... and my mom took pics when she visited the place as a tourist last year. So pretty!

I've always wanted to visit a village either in India or Pakistan. I love the whole gaaon image they portray in TV shows and movies. I'd love to interact with a few gaaonwale and see what their lives are like.
Edited by sarah1024 - 15 years ago
AreYaar thumbnail
Oooh you visited Delhi?? That's one of my fav. cities!! We know a lot of family friends there, that's why.....lol

I've never been to Ambala and Patiala myself either....lol....despite having spent most of my life in Punjab....lol

My grandparents still own a farmhouse in Gurdaspur so I always get the pind waali feeling when I go visit them....spent a lot of fun summers as a child there...*sigh* those were the days!

Chalo phir ek din hum pucca milenge in Lahore, Zainu! Let's shake on it! Deal? ;-) lol
AreYaar thumbnail

I've always wanted to visit a village either in India or Pakistan. I love the whole gaaon image they portray in TV shows and movies. I'd love to interact with a few gaaonwale and see what their lives are like.

Well, you all are welcome to visit my village in Gurdaspur....or even the ones on my Mom's side....there's plenty on that side as well๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.....you can full on get the 'gaaon' waali feel there๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

btw, the gaaon is NOT like how they portray in shows and movies....they've evolved a lot these days....and in Punjab toh they have their own issues with the spike in the use of drugs and stuff๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†.....but life is still at a slower pace and more simplified in villages....it gives you a soothing feeling๐Ÿ˜Š
Sid4TeamCanada thumbnail

Well, you all are welcome to visit my village in Gurdaspur....or even the ones on my Mom's side....there's plenty on that side as well๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜†.....you can full on get the 'gaaon' waali feel there๐Ÿ˜‰๐Ÿ˜†

btw, the gaaon is NOT like how they portray in shows and movies....they've evolved a lot these days....and in Punjab toh they have their own issues with the spike in the use of drugs and stuff๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ˜†.....but life is still at a slower pace and more simplified in villages....it gives you a soothing feeling๐Ÿ˜Š

i know yaaar anu aaj kal the gaaun's are even so evolved! the ones they portray in tv and movies are so OLD...i mean my cousins who live in a village back home (pak) use internet every day - they use faceboook and they watch all tv and stuff..they have cars there everything's so developed..hard to find the type of gaaun portrayed in shows and movies these days!๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† whereas i used to think of gaaun's as u know no lights no computers no internet no cars or modern technology!๐Ÿค”

but yes - they do overall give u a soothing and peaceful feeling!๐Ÿ˜Š
-Faith- thumbnail

Oooh you visited Delhi?? That's one of my fav. cities!! We know a lot of family friends there, that's why.....lol Awww yaa but it was Chindi visit .. which my mom spent mostly in those kapro ki dukaans in Chandni Chowk lol.... awww really its a great place.. we cudnt even explore or visit much... People are warm too... My dad has some friends there... since now its difficult for them to come or abu to go.. they do keep in touch tho!

I've never been to Ambala and Patiala myself either....lol....despite having spent most of my life in Punjab....lol Aww yaa but suna hai na itna .. Patiala tou I associate mostly with the Patiala shalwar hehe...it was SOO in and still kinda is

My grandparents still own a farmhouse in Gurdaspur so I always get the pind waali feeling when I go visit them....spent a lot of fun summers as a child there...*sigh* those were the days! Awwwwww yaa I know another of my IF frnd/sis she also always misses her pind and those childhood days.. Infact my mom always goes on abt her bachpan ki chuttiyo wali visits to their pind hehe and wow farmhouse *dreamy muh*

Chalo phir ek din hum pucca milenge in Lahore, Zainu! Let's shake on it! Deal? ;-) lol Haan I was gonna say the same.. muh ki baat cheen li... InshAllah one day..! *shakes hand* .... Deal! Done! *Stamped* hehe

Zainab - It's nice how much Lahore's citizens love the place. I've only seen it on TV and stuff ... and my mom took pics when she visited the place as a tourist last year. So pretty!

Aww yaa hehe plus I guess its more like there is no place like home.. iss liye bhi we love it more! aww ur mom visited.. and u dint... u SHOULD too hehe okie :-)

I've always wanted to visit a village either in India or Pakistan. I love the whole gaaon image they portray in TV shows and movies. I'd love to interact with a few gaaonwale and see what their lives are like. Same here!!