Religion in Government? Good or bad? - Page 2

Posted: 14 years ago
Originally posted by rongna

The government in India or anywhere else for that matter mixed with government is not good. the government shouldn't be favoring any religion at all and are supposed to treat people equally, but let them practice whichever faith that they want to practice and believe in. The start of violence is actually this, when people from different religious groups, different ethnicity and etc,. started to be treated differently.

Yes thats true, but the gov. in India right now is completely Muslim supportive. I'm not saying that's wrong of course, I support all religions too! I'm just saying that it's reduced to if a Hindu does something wrong to a Muslim, the Hindu gets punished. But when a Muslim does something wrong to a Hindu, the Muslim does not get punished.

That's not fair, and technically if violence starts, then it's Congress' fault.
ofcourse religion and government are not supposed to be mixed with each other. infact in todays world also we see its bad effects in many countries where the govt is based on just one religion and other religions are hard to folllow in those countries. Infact if we see india then even the parties which won votes due to their religious agenda also become secular when they form govt.😆Edited by sandya_rao7 - 14 years ago
Originally posted by MusicalAiswarya

Yes thats true, but the gov. in India right now is completely Muslim supportive. I'm not saying that's wrong of course, I support all religions too! I'm just saying that it's reduced to if a Hindu does something wrong to a Muslim, the Hindu gets punished. But when a Muslim does something wrong to a Hindu, the Muslim does not get punished.

That's not fair, and technically if violence starts, then it's Congress' fault.
do u have any examples? like in case of varun gandhi , him being attacked by underworld is definately a way too serious thing, even issuing fatwas and all. but as far as the govt is concerned i dont think they are anti hindu or so may be a bit more pro minority with providing all those reservations and all when their population is speedily surpassing hindu population in india.
And i also think thought india was originally a hindu country which was like ages ago, now we haev so many religions so the best way to live peacefully is to give equal status to all religions.
Religion in goverment...bad its very bad..iits the  worst thing.Its not about only religion even caste in goverment is also bad .They do caste /religion based politics because they dont have anything else to offer to the  people because they havent achived anything in their life .What else they can offer to the public xcept religion and caste....
Originally posted by sonur15

Religion in goverment...bad its very bad..iits the  worst thing.Its not about only religion even caste in goverment is also bad .They do caste /religion based politics because they dont have anything else to offer to the  people because they havent achived anything in their life .What else they can offer to the public xcept religion and caste....
😆 ðŸ˜† yeah, since our "leaders " do not have any concrete plans for for progress in the country they have to fall back on religion & caste for propoganda & to garner votes from ppl. They seem to be incapable of coming up with any meaningful manifesto for their election campaigns 😃