Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 15 years ago

My journey hasn't been smooth: Priyanka Chopra

Prithwish Ganguly
Monday, April 6, 2009 23:59 IST
Email vspace5 Email
Print
Text

Mumbai: Priyanka Chopra, who is riding on a big high as last year brought her not just box office hits but also more awards and accolades, says she is getting lot choosier about her forthcoming celluloid roles.

Amol Kamble / DNA 

Learning curve: Priyanka Chopra

"Success definitely brings in a lot of responsibility. You are expected to deliver a lot of more with every film that you do. I'm definitely getting choosy about my films now. I am grateful for where I am now as I have reached here on my own. My journey hasn't been all that smooth. I have not been through acting schools, I have made mistakes but
what's most important is that I have learnt from them," Priyanka told DNA.

She adds, "I have worked really hard to be recognised. I put in a lot of effort to do a good job in every film that I am a part of. After working so much, I can't afford to go wrong."

She says smiling, "I have some interesting projects coming up and I'm eagerly waiting for all of them to release."

Her hard work has resulted in her being one of the top actors today with directors making a beeline for her. Though the numero uno crown is only at a touching distance away from her, she still has to sweat it out as the competition is really tough for her.

Two of her closest rivals -- both in terms of looks and box office charm -- are Kareena Kapoor and Katrina Kaif. However, Priyanka says at the moment she is only thinking about delivering good performances.

"I don't want to stand and think about these things as I feel it is a very unstable ground. It depends on how consistently you deliver a good performance and how many hits you have. Both hits and flops matter to me as they bring me both joy and sorrow. A film is like your child and if it does well you certainly feel very happy," she ends.

Edited by RiyaK09 - 15 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Well said about the movies and nice interview..
She has worked hard and slowly worked her way to here and got better as a actor.
Hard-working with feet planted firmly on the ground. She is a very mediocre actress, but knows it & has planned her career quite well.