Diabetes complications and home remedies for diabe
Joined: 19 January 2009
Posted: 06 April 2009 at 7:10am
| IP Logged
Diabetes, in itself is a disease that requires continuous monitoring and control by the diabetic person. However, it is important to know the various complications that can set in with diabetes.
1. Hardening of the arteries (atherosclerosis)
2. Heart problems
3. Eye problems
5. kidney problems
6. Nerve problems
Natural Home Remedies for Diabetes
Following are some of the effective home remedies for diabetes:
Boil 15 fresh mango leaves in one glass of water. Leave overnight. Filter this water and drink this the first thing in the morning.
• Mix half teaspoon o ground bay leaf and half a teaspoon of turmeric in one tablespoon of aloe vera gel. Have this mixture twice a day before lunch and dinner.
• Drink a watery juice of small bitter gourd without seeds every morning.
• Add 3 table spoon of cinnamon to 1 litre of boiling water. Simmer for 20 minutes in a low flame and then strain the mixture. Have this daily.
• Eat tender curry leaves twice a day to reduce sugar.
• Crush about four to five bitter gourds (karela) and strain the juice through a fine cloth. Take this juice on an empty stomach.
• The inner bark of Jamun tree (Indian berry) is also very useful for diabetes. Dry the bark and burn it. This will produce an ash of white color. This ash should be pestled in the mortar, strained and bottled. Take 15 grams of this ash with water, on an empty stomach in the morning.
• Juice of tender mango leaves taken every morning helps in controlling diabetes.
• It is good to lose weight as it keeps diabetes under control.
• Food rich in fiber must be consumed.
• A lot of water (about 8-10glasses) must be had everyday.
• Refrain from soft drinks, alcohol and sugary desserts.
• Wear proper footwear and avoid walking bear foot.
Increase the intake of raw food as it stimulates the pancreas and increases insulin production.
• Avoid fried or sugar rich food.
• Avoid starchy food like rice, potatoes etc.
Desidieter dot com
, Being an unregistered member you are missing out on participating in the lively discussions happening on the topic "Diabetes complications and home remedies for diabe
" in Food, Drinks & Recipes
forum. In addition you lose out on the fun interactions with fellow members and other member exclusive features that India-Forums has to offer. Join India's most popular discussion portal on Indian Entertainment. It's FREE and registration is effortless so JOIN NOW
Joined: 16 October 2008
Posted: 06 April 2009 at 2:07pm
| IP Logged
Thanks for this article, dibetes sure is the dreaded one and has to be controlled, nay prevented
Go to top
Joined: 04 February 2005
Posted: 15 April 2009 at 11:02pm
| IP Logged
thanks for the helpful points .. my dad has diabeties .. m sure this info will help :)
||Home Made Kulfi
||08 December 2007 at 4:55pm
Forum Quick Jump
Please login to check your Last 10 Topics posted